Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Nope, not even a trace. Pretty soon it'll be nothing in 48 hours. In a way, the bleeding after the SCH was diagnosed was less annoying because at least I knew where it came from. I am really thinking this might have been orgasm-related. But once I hit the 48 hours mark, I still don't have any restrictions (as far as that kind of stuff goes). But if it happens again, I might be self-imposing restrictions until I'm ready to have a baby. It's not worth the panic.

Nope, not even a trace. Pretty soon it'll be nothing in 48 hours. In a way, the bleeding after the SCH was diagnosed was less annoying because at least I knew where it came from. I am really thinking this might have been orgasm-related. But once I hit the 48 hours mark, I still don't have any restrictions (as far as that kind of stuff goes). But if it happens again, I might be self-imposing restrictions until I'm ready to have a baby. It's not worth the panic.

That's great there's no more spotting. I've decided to stay on pelvic rest until 36 weeks. I'm still paranoid from the sch even though it's gone, so I know how you feel.
All worth it in the end though :flower:

That's great there's no more spotting. I've decided to stay on pelvic rest until 36 weeks. I'm still paranoid from the sch even though it's gone, so I know how you feel.
All worth it in the end though :flower:

I am still on pelvic rest now (although am getting up and about more.. But no nookie!).

Problem is, when I stopped pelvic "activity" the hormones kept making me orgasm in my sleep! I was terrified of going to sleep in case something happened and my sch bled again!

I had that once! I actually had a pretty decent libido in the early weeks of pregnancy (usually these days it's pretty nonexistent, sadly). But I was too afraid to do anything even though I know it's supposed to be fine. I had it happen one time in my sleep, and it kinda freaked me out. Not again though afaik. It's not like you can help what happens in your sleep!

So ughghhghhh I just had another very very light bleed. Red again, and mixed with a bit of mucus. SO FRUSTRATED. Messaged my Dr office again. I know my placenta is fine, but I kinda wonder about having my cervix checked. I all but came right out and asked to have it checked. I'll see what the nurse says, but I may still ask for a cervix check. I don't know. I hate this happening and not even having an explanation. Maybe it's harmless, but there are too many scary things.

eyemom-hoping all is well. You should get checked to make you feel better.

Babyfeva-nice to see you. Hope your doing ok :hugs:

Eyemom-yes, I'd push for more investigations with you've had a little more. Sorry your going through this worry and hope it stops soon.

Ferreoroche-pelvic rest isn't easy that's for sure, but I'm a worrier after all that's happened. If I even sneeze I'm stressing these days , since I had my second bleed after a day of sneezing.

Hi everyone, I was just diagnosed with SCH yesterday after going to the ER for heavy bleeding and cramping. Thankfully there is a heartbeat and the baby is measuring where he/she should be. I'm not sure what size the SCH is, but the bleeding and cramping have since stopped.

Since this is a long thread, I'm really hoping that there have been more positive outcomes than negative ones!

Hi ladies, how's everyone doing? It's been quiet in here lately. Just a little update on me: figured out the source of the (new) bleeding. I have a cervical ectropion, which thankfully is normal in pregnancy and no threat to baby whatsoever! Dr checked my cervix too to be safe, and it's closed. Huge relief.

Hope everyone else is doing alright. :hugs:

Hi ladies, how's everyone doing? It's been quiet in here lately. Just a little update on me: figured out the source of the (new) bleeding. I have a cervical ectropion, which thankfully is normal in pregnancy and no threat to baby whatsoever! Dr checked my cervix too to be safe, and it's closed. Huge relief.

Hope everyone else is doing alright. :hugs:

Oh that's good news eyemom. Such a relief to know it is something harmless after all the ups and downs.

As for me, not much going on.

36+4 weeks, generally very uncomfortable and dealing with constant braxton hicks and peeing.

Hi everyone, I was just diagnosed with SCH yesterday after going to the ER for heavy bleeding and cramping. Thankfully there is a heartbeat and the baby is measuring where he/she should be. I'm not sure what size the SCH is, but the bleeding and cramping have since stopped.

Since this is a long thread, I'm really hoping that there have been more positive outcomes than negative ones!

Hi, sorry you had all that stress honey. It's great seeing a heartbeat after the bleed. Sch's are scary things, so if you have any questions, ask away.
How are things now?
:flower:

Eyemom-had any more spotting? That's great it's not anything sch related!

Ferreoroche-how are things going? Not long now-I bet your glad too. Those last few weeks can be hard going.

Hi Yo Yo, thanks for asking. :) It's been 2 weeks now and no more bleeding or spotting since -- yay! I have high hopes, though I don't have any scans planned so I guess there's no way to find out whether it's absorbing. Fingers crossed.

Did your SCH resolve?

Hi Yo Yo, thanks for asking. :) It's been 2 weeks now and no more bleeding or spotting since -- yay! I have high hopes, though I don't have any scans planned so I guess there's no way to find out whether it's absorbing. Fingers crossed.

Did your SCH resolve?

That's great news! :) it's sounding promising for you if the bleeds stopped.

Yes-my sch bled daily for 7 weeks up until 18/19 weeks. It was gone at my 20 week scan. It's a horrible thing to go through though, so I'm glad yours sounds like it's behaving.

It seems different professionals take different approaches to monitoring sch's-do you have any routine scans lined up? Like a 20 week one? They must be confident also if they don't feel the need to keep checking it :)

Awesome, I'm glad yours disappeared! That's wonderful!

The first time I meet with my midwives will be on the 15th, so I'll see what they have in mind then. Yes, I'll get my 20-week scan at least!

Out of curiosity... how many ladies with bleeds had implantation bleeding?

I did! Thought I'd started my period as had blood and cramps... wondering if there's a correlation??

Hey Ziggie-how are you?

No-didn't have implantation bleeding, but I did with a previous pregnsncy that didn't have sch. Would be interesting if there was a link though, as there's a theory sch's form during the implantation process where when the egg implants, it breaks away slightly causing a pooling of blood to form...you can see what I did on my month of bed rest-too much sch research! :haha:

Knowledge is power!!!

I'm good. Travelled the states and had no more bleeding (touch wood!). Starting to allow myself to get excited now :)

How are you?

Yo_Yo! Grats on 3rd trimester! :happydance:

Just had a trace amount of spotting last couple of days. I mean TRACE. But it's only been after we do intimate things, and I know where it's coming from now, so it's not really so upsetting anymore.

Feronia, glad you're not having any more spotting! My SCH was diagnosed at 8+5, and I wasn't supposed to have any additional scans either until my anatomy scan halfway through. I ended up having another though at 9+6 because we were rear-ended in a car accident. (Incidentally, that was the last day I bled--from the SCH. And that was in the morning before the accident even happened.) At that point, the SCH was still there, but it looked to be resolving. I think my body must have reabsorbed it (mine was small to begin with). Mine was gone by my scan at 19 weeks.

Ziggie, no implantation bleeding. None for any of my pregnancies actually.
1st pregnancy - no IB, no bleeding throughout pregnancy
2nd - no IB, lost at 6 weeks
3rd - no IB, SCH diagnosed at 8+5

Glad you had a good trip and things are going well for you. Enjoy your pregnancy now. :hugs:

No implantation bleeding here either, and I didn't have any with my daughter. I was taking low-dose aspirin early on this pregnancy (paranoia on my part since I had two early m/cs before my daughter, did some research, and took low-dose aspirin when I was pregnant with her for the first 12 weeks). Apparently that was a big no-no and the pregnancy assessment clinic that did my scan told me to stop taking it immediately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->