Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I just went to the ER this morning for bleeding. It was a light bleed but I was worried because I have already had a miscarriage within the last year. They found an sch about 1-1.5 inches long. I talked to my regular ob doctor and have researched online a bit but I'm still very worried about everything :( the doctor said it is a great thing that I can hear baby's heartbeat (I am 11 weeks) and it was moving a ton and it is also good the blood is now Brown. I am still nervous about another miscarriage though. Does anyone have any success stories about having a healthy baby to maybe ease my mind? Or any information at all they would be will to share with me? 😢

:hug: Megan. It's impossible to not be scared after a loss, I think. You see blood and immediately fear the worst. Lots of success stories here though. Yours is fairly small, and if I remember right, timing wise it's better to not have them super early, but there's still plenty of time for it to resolve by the time you hit 20 weeks (any ladies who have researched more than I want to chime in on that?) Me personally, mine was diagnosed at 8+5, looked to be resolving at 9+6, and totally gone at my anatomy scan at 19 weeks. Baby has been blissfully unaware this whole time. It's so scary, but statistics are in your favor. :hugs:

Hi Megan I had a huge bleed at 11 weeks with a 7cm sch which stayed there until my 20 weeks scan. I now have a healthy 3 week old baby boy :) there are lots of success stories out there, keep positive!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 6
Hey Megan. Hopefully your sch is just going to clear out and then heal up-this is the most common senario.

The best thing I did was bed rest whilst my bleed was at it's heaviest. I'm sure this helped me. At the very least avoid any heavy lifting and strenuous activity.

The size isn't too big, so that's good. Also your baby being vey active is a very good sign-obviously he/she is blissfully unaware of all this.

I bled for over 7 weeks daily and at my 20 week scan and subsequent 26 week scan there has been no clot. I'm now 28 weeks and getting very strong kicks-these sch babies are tough cookies honey. :hugs:

Aww frizzabelle-your little guy is just the sweetest :) you must be over the moon.

Hope he's letting you get some rest :flower:

Thank you yo yo, he's brilliant. So chilled out and cuddly. We are just so happy and his big brother is bonding with him now :) x

Hi all,

Frizzabelle, your little boy looks awesome. Hope the early weeks have been kind to you.

YoYo, I am ok, thanks. 37 weeks now with just a couple more to go. Was pretty upbeat about the whole thing until this past week, when the nightly braxton hicks, disturbed sleep, peeing, back ache, pelvic pain and lightening pains where he is banging his head low are making me rather emotional.

Most of the time I am ratty, sometimes a weeping mess, but this morning I was hysterical with giggles! I woke up at 4am and read another forum and something someone said made me chuckle and I couldn't stop. I was trying so hard not to wake my hubby and son up that my was spasming trying to hold it in. By the time he did wake up I was crying with full on laughter and he thought I had totally lost he plit.

Nut case.

To the newbies... I haemorrhaged at 11+6 weeks ..was told I miscarried but scan showed healthy baby and 6 cm sch. I bled for 6-7 weeks almost every day until 17 weeks and at my 20, 24 and 28 week scan sch was still there. Am now a few weeks away from having a healthy boy. So yes success story, although seemed impossible back then.

Re: implantation bleeding, no, not in this pregnancy although had in previous two pregnancies very early on where no sch was ever diagnosed. 1 pregnancy ended in loss at 9.5 weeks and the other resulted in healthy so at 41 weeks so no obvious correlation for me.

Your stories give me a lot of hope! :)
I just heard back about my ultrasound at 6 weeks when the SCH was diagnosed (I'm 8 weeks now). My midwife said that they wrote that the SCH was 50% of the sac, but that it doesn't mean too much to her since the baby is growing so rapidly that 50% then would be a much smaller % a couple of days later. I haven't had any more bleeding or spotting, but I'm having some cramps today, so I hope they're normal...

I just went to the ER this morning for bleeding. It was a light bleed but I was worried because I have already had a miscarriage within the last year. They found an sch about 1-1.5 inches long. I talked to my regular ob doctor and have researched online a bit but I'm still very worried about everything :( the doctor said it is a great thing that I can hear baby's heartbeat (I am 11 weeks) and it was moving a ton and it is also good the blood is now Brown. I am still nervous about another miscarriage though. Does anyone have any success stories about having a healthy baby to maybe ease my mind? Or any information at all they would be will to share with me? 😢

I had bleeding at 11 weeks and 16 weeks...heavy with clots. I went on strict bed rest and drank ridiculous amounts of water and my sch cleared up and I'm now 36 weeks and 4 days..both babies doing just fine.

Just take care of yourself. Your sch is just a complication and nothing more. I know it's hard to be relaxed, especially if you've experienced a loss before, but my Dr always reminded me that when I saw blood in the toilet, it was miine and not my babies.

Sending hugs and sticky dust your way mama!! :hugs:

I had bleeding at 11 weeks and 16 weeks...heavy with clots. I went on strict bed rest and drank ridiculous amounts of water and my sch cleared up and I'm now 36 weeks and 4 days..both babies doing just fine.

Just take care of yourself. Your sch is just a complication and nothing more. I know it's hard to be relaxed, especially if you've experienced a loss before, but my Dr always reminded me that when I saw blood in the toilet, it was miine and not my babies.

Hmommy, you are still cooking those babies! I was convinced they must be out by now. How impressive that even with sch you have managed to get them further than many would carry twins for in the least complicated cases.

You must be shattered now. Are you having a c section soon?

I'm spotting lots of brown blood today and last night I had cramping. I'm 8 weeks now, but I haven't had bleeding since 6 weeks when my SCH was diagnosed (at the size of 50% of the sac). Pregnancy symptoms have also disappeared -- up until now I had nausea and fatigue. Should I be concerned? I was sort of hoping that the SCH had resolved since I didn't have any more spotting, bleeding, or cramping for 2 weeks, but does this mean it's still there?

Can't say for sure, but I think it's encouraging that you haven't had any more bleeding. AFM, at that stage of this pregnancy, I was often in a panic because of come-and-go symptoms. One night I got out of the shower and bawled because my bbs weren't sore anymore. So the symptoms thing doesn't have to mean anything bad. They may yet knock you on your feet in a couple of days. It's so hard but hang in there, I'm hoping for the best. :flower:

Hi ladies,

At my doc appt yesterday she told me there was a tiny bit of blood found. She didn't seem worried and said it was very common but told me to get another ultrasound. (She said the reason for the ultrasound was to make sure the dates are right as my first ultrasound dates didn't match up with my LMP) But of course I'm worried.

I am 8 weeks tomorrow (according to first dating U/S) and have had no bleeding at all. I am going home this weekend and was planning on telling the rest of my family even though it's still early. But now I'm having second thoughts. My U/S is in 2.5 weeks.. I feel like its so far away.

I feel emotionally drained :(

:shrug:

:hugs: elly

If it was a tiny tiny bit and you haven't had any spotting, maybe your cervix was just irritated? 2.5 weeks feels like an eternity to wait when you're already worried. :hugs:

As far as telling family, there's no right or wrong answer. If you want to be able to breathe easier and celebrate without hesitation, then perhaps wait. But we told our family right away this time...our logic being that these are the people we'd want by our side if the worst were to happen anyway. If I'm making any sense.

Sorry you're going through this...it kind of zaps away your excitement. But I'm really hopeful for you. :flower:

Thank you for the kind words.

I bought my first baby item today, a onesie. My way of trying to think/act more positively.

Elly-I know it's a tough place to be in having a sch. I used to wake up with my heart racing and run to the bathroom to check the bleeding.

The best thing you can do is try your hardest to just relax-positively visualise the baby growing stronger and the sch going away, read positive books, watch positive movies and celebrate every week as a milestone.

You will get through this, and it will get easier honey :hugs:

And we all know what you feeling, so vent away/ ask questions if you need to :flower:

I have an ultrasound in 2 hours to check things out... fingers crossed.

I am absolutely pissed because at work yesterday, we were doing this workplace "conflict" thing that involves acting. There have been a lot of physical games we've had to do for it, but I've taken it easy due to the subchorionic hematoma. However, today we had to do this improv acting bit and one lady out of NOWHERE picked me up to hug me as part of her acting segment and then squeezed me (crushing my abdomen) really hard... all as I was saying "no, no, stop!" Nobody knows I'm pregnant, and I ended up running out of the room crying because I started cramping immediately. Hard. Also embarrassing. My supervisor came to check on me and had my lie down with my feet up until my husband could pick me up.

I just went to the ER this morning for bleeding. It was a light bleed but I was worried because I have already had a miscarriage within the last year. They found an sch about 1-1.5 inches long. I talked to my regular ob doctor and have researched online a bit but I'm still very worried about everything :( the doctor said it is a great thing that I can hear baby's heartbeat (I am 11 weeks) and it was moving a ton and it is also good the blood is now Brown. I am still nervous about another miscarriage though. Does anyone have any success stories about having a healthy baby to maybe ease my mind? Or any information at all they would be will to share with me? ��

Hmommy, you are still cooking those babies! I was convinced they must be out by now. How impressive that even with sch you have managed to get them further than many would carry twins for in the least complicated cases.

You must be shattered now. Are you having a c section soon?

Yes, I am exhausted!! Lol... I read that foot massages can trigger contractions so I'm heading off to get a pedicure this afternoon!! I just want these bambinos out and in my arms!! :hugs: not long for you either!!

Feronia :hugs: you poor thing, hope your resting up now.

Would it be worth talking to your supervisor and explains your pregnant and are having some complications?

Ferreoroche and hmommy-I'm expecting baby news soon off you ladies! :) can't believe how your both almost there now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->