Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

My ultrasound actually went very well! I'm surprised -- I really thought it was over for me. Pleasantly surprised though! Baby is measuring well (and looks like a cute gummy bear, lol) witha heartrate of 158.

My supervisors both know now, and I think I need to tell the particular colleagues who witnessed what happened or else they're really going to wonder.

The hematoma is still there, but it's clotted now and only 1/10th the size of the sac! :happydance: I'm not sure how big that is, but the technician thought it was really good.

Attachments

• ultrasound - 8 weeks.jpg
    ultrasound - 8 weeks.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 8
Feronia-what a cute pic! :) so glad all looking good for you. My clot was there for a good few weeks, and clotting was the first sign of it going for me.

Hope your feeling more relaxed now.

Ferreoroche-how are you? Only 12 days to go?!

Hi, in major meltdown!

Just recovering from badly timed virus, which thankfully seems to be on the way out, but hot weather is making feel horrid!

All I could do yesterday was lie on the couch in front of a fan or I was burning up.

My hubby got it in the ear when I went upstairs to put on an old maxi dress that I wore when I was 41 weeks pregnant with my first son, because it is big and cool in hot weather. I had it only a few weeks ago, but after 45 mins of stumbling from room to room it had disappeared, so I was furious that I was exhausted, boiling and couldn't find the dress! It is still missing, so I ended up in a different thing that made me look hideous, but by then I didn't care!

I burnt my lunch and had to remake, by which time I was so exhausted I had to lie down for 3 hours. My legs literally can't hold me upright under the weight of my belly now. Time for this little man to exit the building!

I know I am awful to live with, just so uncomfortable and grumpy, but have to tell myself it will be over soon, and then I'll miss it!

Thanks for asking.

How are you? Bubs is really coming on now eh? To think of all the doubts you had a few months ago.

Hi all
I'm new to this page and have read from pretty much start to 162 before deciding to join.
I'm currently a mum two a 9 year old and 4 year old boy and a 14 month old daughter and I'm 21 +1 weeks pregnant with another girl.
I have factor v Leiden and currently on clexane (40mg) daily.

Last week at my 20 weeks scan they detected two clots. A retroplacental which is under 1/3 of the placenta and a subchorionic which is anterior to the baby. They both measure around 4cm x 1.5cm. I've had no bleeding at all. Doctors seem very I phased by it all but I'm concerned . More so about the retroplacental. They won't seen me again until 24 weeks and I'm going out of my mind!
I couldn't find much about retroplavental, even on this support group so they seem pretty uncommon?

Hi Alice. So sorry you're having to go through this. It is so stressful. I'm sorry I don't know anything about retroplacental clots, but I find it encouraging that your Drs are not concerned. I have learned from other bnbers though that the placenta overcompensates so a good chunk of it can be out of commission so to speak and yet the baby can grow in there just fine. A mama can't help but worry though. Hope you find some reassurance very soon.

They are talking about IUGR around 32 weeks and maybe prem delivery. Since the scan I've tried to take it easy. Hubby has taken two weeks off to help out at the house so I can rest a bit more until 24 weeks! It's the longest 3 weeks of my life!

I just can't seem to find much about retroplacental which makes it worse!

Hi, in major meltdown!

Just recovering from badly timed virus, which thankfully seems to be on the way out, but hot weather is making feel horrid!

All I could do yesterday was lie on the couch in front of a fan or I was burning up.

My hubby got it in the ear when I went upstairs to put on an old maxi dress that I wore when I was 41 weeks pregnant with my first son, because it is big and cool in hot weather. I had it only a few weeks ago, but after 45 mins of stumbling from room to room it had disappeared, so I was furious that I was exhausted, boiling and couldn't find the dress! It is still missing, so I ended up in a different thing that made me look hideous, but by then I didn't care!

I burnt my lunch and had to remake, by which time I was so exhausted I had to lie down for 3 hours. My legs literally can't hold me upright under the weight of my belly now. Time for this little man to exit the building!

I know I am awful to live with, just so uncomfortable and grumpy, but have to tell myself it will be over soon, and then I'll miss it!

Thanks for asking.

How are you? Bubs is really coming on now eh? To think of all the doubts you had a few months ago.

Oh you poor thing getting a virus when your full term-glad your feeling better.
Don't worry about your hubby getting it in the neck-they get the easier side of the deal with pregnancy, so they can at least out up with the odd hormonal rant!

Keep out of this heat and try to rest up. Eek can't believe how near you are!
So you have your bag all packed for hospital? Hope bump and you are having a good day :)

I'm good thanks-trying to keep the kids entertained now it's the 6 weeks holidays...set up a gazebo and pool in the garden and now I'm ready for bed!

They are talking about IUGR around 32 weeks and maybe prem delivery. Since the scan I've tried to take it easy. Hubby has taken two weeks off to help out at the house so I can rest a bit more until 24 weeks! It's the longest 3 weeks of my life!

I just can't seem to find much about retroplacental which makes it worse!

Hi Alice,
I don't know much about a retro placental hematoma, but I would lean towards thinking they want to keep an eye out for iurg in case that clot effects the efficiency of the placenta.

Were the clots at scans prior to this recent one?

As Eyemom says-if the doctors don't seem too concerned, that's an encouraging sign.

It's also a really good sign your not bleeding, as everything I've read suggests there's more risks associated with sch's that bleed vs ones that don't.
:flower:

No clots before and I've had a fair few scans... The NHS scan didn't even pick up the clots. It was only because we paid to have a private scan after the 20 weeks NHS one as they couldn't complete it.

I'm a midwife so I know all about IUGR etc and what not I'm just annoyed they have no real concern. They described the retroplacental as large and even put on my scan report if bleeding begins will result in fetal loss... Then just sent me on my bloody way!

No clots before and I've had a fair few scans... The NHS scan didn't even pick up the clots. It was only because we paid to have a private scan after the 20 weeks NHS one as they couldn't complete it.

I'm a midwife so I know all about IUGR etc and what not I'm just annoyed they have no real concern. They described the retroplacental as large and even put on my scan report if bleeding begins will result in fetal loss... Then just sent me on my bloody way!
Oh well that is upsetting, I'm sorry. Glad your husband will be home so you can take it easy. So...if they can't complete your 20 week scan, they don't have you come back to get what they missed???? I don't know how it works there, but it just seems crazy you'd have to go private just to finish the job they started. I imagine the whole thing being even harder knowing as much as you do in your profession. It seems like it's not so uncommon for the Drs to not do much for you before viability. But it's so enraging. Even if they can't do anything for you at this stage, a little compassion can go a long way. I really hope it resolves or at least doesn't result in anything scary.

That's incredibly blasé of them. I too have encountered obstetricians on the nhs who were very indifferent towards me during my heavy bleeds. I'm not sure some if the people that scan you know much more than anyone else-I was told to google it to find out more!

I know it's not prescribed in the uk-but have you thought of (if possible) putting yourself in bedrest until you reach 24 weeks? It's not ideal, but I remain convinced it's what got me to this point (I did an entire month in bed)

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear how they're treating you. That's awesome you're a midwife! Are you also under midwifery care? I hope you can get some compassionate care somewhere.

My midwives have been excellent at reassuring me, which I needed quite a bit after having my first scan that diagnosed the SCH. The OB who did the scan just send me home with miscarriage paperwork... after finding a healthy baby and good heartrate! A little compassion can go a long way.

At the moment I've been on my own version of bed rest. Modified I guess. Getting up to make lunch / dinner and go to the toilet etc. No sex or orgasms. I can't do complete bed rest as I have 3 other children but I've spent the last week on the sofa. I've been signed off work as well. Luckily occupational health saw my report with 'fetal loss' and agreed I couldn't return to work.

The scan at 20 weeks the sonographer said baby was in a poor position, but the private clinic were able to complete all the checks with baby in that position. NHS had wanted me to reschedule but I'm very glad I didn't now.

I'm under midwifery care and she is doing everything she can at the moment to get me seen by the consultant. I'm very aware of viability I just want to be seen to offer some reassurance for myself and my partner. Like you guys have said... A little compassion goes a long way.

I wish I could find some info about retroplacental clots. I also have placental lakes over 5% of the placenta. *sigh*

AliceWonders-hope you get a consultant appointment soon. I felt so much better after someone (finally!) at 18 or so weeks was able to explain what was happening. She showed me compassion and kindness and I nearly cried.

I had to get my mil to stay and look after my two kids so I could rest properly-anyone around who can/is helping you?

AliceWonders - I hope you get a consultant appointment soon! I felt much better after mine because I was able to understand what was happening to me.

Hi all I'm new to this group came across after I found a post on bleeding. My story is I found out a week ago I was pregnant. On Monday I had a bleed trickle of fresh red blood few cramps that calmed down and subsided. On Tuesday I had beta bloods done 214 and on Thursday exactly 48hrs later where 465. On Thursday night went the toilet and more fresh bleeding more than what was there Monday and filled half a pad but no pain. At this point I ruled myself out. I took a pt test this morning expecting to see a fainter line to see of level dropping and actually the line is stronger, I was supposed to go for a scan Tuesday but didn't see a point until now, could this be a sch haemorrhage?? I believe I had one at 9weeks with dd1 but this was over 12yrs ago all I remember is lots of blood x x

Just spotted something interesting in a few posts on here re pelvic rest, my last bleed occurred after (sorry tmi) my partner had aroused me (externally) it was literally about 10-20 mins later xx

Yes, if a sch is suspected - pelvic rest is a must IMO. No sex, exercising, orgasms, heavy lifting.

It is possible that your bleeding is implantation still since you just found out you're pregnant, but sch's are not that uncommon either. Mine was found at 5 weeks and finally cleared by 17 weeks.

Have you gone to the doctor yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"