Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I know. I'm the largest hypocrite out there. DH is a bit of a nazi when it comes to caring for me so I have an accountability partner to help keep me away from reading up on sch. lol But I do sit and worry alot. And I mean alot!

I find support groups like this far more helpful. I've also talked to many people who have bled throughout their pregnancies to have healthy babies.

Off for scan in a couple of hours, really keeping fingers crossed that it has at least shrunk a little bit!

Hi ladies,

am very pleased to say we got some good news for the first time! The Doctor says both haematomas, I had 2, have shrunk a little bit and one of them is almost gone! They said it is very rare for them to be so large and shrink so much so quickly, so they are hopeful they will be absorbed totally and not cause any more problems. I really hope this is the case and am still keeping everything crossed. Still on bed rest as a precaution, but more then happy to do that if it means they go away!

Hope everyone else gets good news too X

Thank you, feel so much better now. Still nervous, but feel like I can try and enjoy christmas now. The Dr said the baby looked great, growing well with a good heartbeat, so hoping I shouldn't miscarry for any other reason either.

Really hope everyone else has a great christmas and gets good news too XXX

thankfully i had a scan on the 22nd and my haematoma has been reabsorbed.

Emma that's brilliant news,

I have got my next scan in the 5th January 2010 but I am still brown and red spotting so I don't think mine has gone just yet as it was still visable on my last scan at 10 weeks! I really want to start going to aqua natal so I really hope it goes sonn or I at least stop spotting xxx

Hi, had a very small bleed on Xmas eve and were relieved to be diagnosed with ScH instead of a m/c. Had 2 m/c's this year so a small clot was an early Xmas gift. No further bleeds since (4 days so far), so hoping this will be reabsorbed. Were not offered follow up, don't know if that's normal?? Btw, sch was 1.2cm x 0.4 x 0. So very small. Still worried though because that's what we do!!! 12-14 weeks can't come quick enough

Mich2010 the hospital obviously arnt worried about it that's why they haven't offered you another scan, they didn't offer me one either I paid for mine due to me still spotting, so I wouldn't worry Hun xxx

Hello ladies just thought I'd join.

Trying to understand how serious SCH actually are. I'm currently pregnant with twins having had an ectopic and 2 MC since April this year.

On my scan last week they found 2 babies in separate sacs with hb of 120bpm both measuring to-date however they also found a haemorage measuring 24mm x 9mm right above my cervix, under one of the sacs... I haven't had any spotting or bleeding and have been taking baby aspirin and progesterone since 3+5 which was perscribed by Miscarriage consultant.

The sonographer didnt seem too worried and the Sister just said that they don't raise the chances of miscarriage however, I spoke today with my consultant who has said this does increase my chances for miscarriage...

Now i'm madly stressing... after the 3 losses I don't think I could cope with losing the twins :( I know twin pregnancies are high risk anyway but this is an extra added complication...

Should I stop stressing?

It's natural that you're worried but for your own sanity it's best to try not to stress. Your clot doesn't sound overly big...but I'm not sure what's considered "big". I think it's a good thing that it's underneath the babies. Most girls with sch go on to have healthy babies. The odds are still very much in your favour so just cling to that.

Remember to drink lots and to try and keep your feet up as much as possible.

AFM, I haven't had any more brown spotting in a week now which makes me hopeful that the last scan was correct in showing nothing was left. My OB had said my 13 week scan would give more details. That will be on the 4th so I'm hoping for good news.

Thanks Starry night pleased that your spotting has stopped. That's really positive it looks like its resolved since your last scan... Keeping everything crossed for your scan on the 4th Jan... Not long to go now :)

Have you kept your feet up in between? Is that what can help it sort itself out?

I have a pretty high pressured job with lots of travelling and thinking that I need time to rest until I get the all clear. Going to discuss with my GP on Friday and see what she suggests. I'd like to think that bed rest will certainly help and I'm trying to do as much as I can whilst on holiday from work but I'm due back on 4th Jan...

I don't think there is real scientific evidence to back up that bed rest helps but I think it does for the most part. It keeps you relaxed at least. My gp gave me a note to sanction my bed rest so I've spent the entire first trimester at home resting. Fortunately, my dh is an absolute saint and has been waiting on me hand and foot. He actually enforces my rest when I try to get up and do something. My OB told me 2 weeks ago that I could return to normal activity but I'm just returning to normal now.

Your OH sounds brilliant. Mine complains bitterly when I ask him to fetch me a glass of water or do the washing for a change!

As you say I certainly feel more chilled out resting in bed so will hopefully get GP to sign me off at least till my 9+2 scan on 11th Jan.

At least you've reached the 12 week milestone :)

Ladies my hyperemisis has returned I'm absolutely gutted I can't keep anything down which isn't good when am trying to drink lots of water to help with my sch! I really thought I had got over it I know morning sickness is a good sign and I am grateful for that but I really want to stop bleeding/spotting now xxx

:hugs: amy, I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope your m/s clears out by the second trimester. Are you able to keep some liquids down if you take slow, tiny sips?

cupcake, I'm glad to be at 12 weeks but I lost my last pregnancy at 12 weeks just days before my scan so I'm still feeling touch and go until the 4th. Though I am still feeling pregnant. Last time at this point I was starting to feel "off" and had fresh spotting with cramps and AF-like heaviness. This time around spotting wouldn't scare me so much due to my sch but I am paranoid about every twinge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->