Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Thanks. It would seem that I'm simply a bleeder. Of course, I still plan on going to the hospital if/when I have another big bleed. You can never be too careful. But at least there doesn't seem to be any clots or anything wrong with the placenta to interfere with the baby.

Hi ladies I had a scan yesterday and my bleed has finally gone, I think my bleeding is starting to subside aswell thankgod! I have just got some cycsts on my ovaries which I think might be causing me to get little twinned now and again.

How is everyone else doing ?

yay another success!!! i havnt had any spotting since the minature amount a week ago. 2 weeks till my 12 week scan. i dont know how im going to last that long. im so so so so so sick of taking it easy.

You ladies are all very inspiring.

We found out on Tuesday (8+3) that we also have a small SCH. I think it was like 0.9 x 0.6

Doc said no strenuous activity, no heavy lifting, no BDing...

How long do they usually take to "resolve"?
Also, should I expect some bleeding since I haven't spotted or bled at all yet?

amy, that's awesome!! Hopefully, that's the end of the bleeding for you! I'm seeing my OB on Tuesday so I hope to ask for more details on where my bleed could have come from as my clot seemed to have resolved itself ages ago.

liz, welcome here. I think when a clot resolves itself depends on the person though the most common number I've heard is week 20 or thereabouts. I passed my clot just shy of 9 weeks, spotted brown for 5 weeks, had a week of nothing and then had another bright red blood. Now I'm on pin and needles but my last ultrasound didn't show anything. I don't know.

And not everyone bleeds. Sometimes it gets reabsorbed. I definitely wish that for you because passing the clot is scary. Mine was the size of my hand and I think I passed some other tissue-like stuff that I mistook for the baby. It wasn't until the next day at an ultrasound that I discovered the baby was still there.

Try and see if you can get a doctor's note for sick leave. I've been put on indefinite bed rest after my latest bleed and the rest does seem to make a difference. I mean, if you're going to bleed, you're going to bleed but I have noticed a 100% correlation with excess movement and cramps and heavier bleeding.

Well, we tried to get the doctor to write me a note so I could terminate my gym membership early (it coincidently ends in like March or April) but she said that you can still go, just don't do anything but the treadmill....

Well, I don't really feel like spending $30 a month to use a treadmill! :dohh:

So I shouldn't panic if there is some bleeding b/c that could be a good thing like it was with you that the clot passed and now it's just baby & placenta & yolk sac in there, and not a pool of blood....., right?

Well, you'll still have to go get it checked out. I've been to the ER about 10 times in this pregnancy (including the times I had to come back for an ultrasound). But having been diagnosed with sch you can give yourself hope that that's what the bleeding is from. It'll keep you from completely freaking out while waiting for results, etc. When I passed my clot it felt exactly like my miscarriage did--the cramps, amount of bleeding etc--only a little less intense. I guess it would be good to get rid of it one way or the other.

starry-night, I really hope your bleeding stops soon, I still get brown blood which is the old blood i think, but i havent had any red blood for ages now, I bled out my clot at about 9 weeks aswell but it still took a few more weeks before i stopped seeing the red blood.

I am hoping me and my hubby will be able to consimate our marriage now lol we havent had sex since we concieved and we still havent had sex as a married couple.

I am still taking it easy and I really hope the cycsts that i have wont start causing me any problems because although cycsts can be very common in pregnancy if they get too big they can cause really bad pains which can start early labour or even miscarriage so I have got rid of the worry of my sch now i have my cycsts to worry about grrreat!

hey guys. i havnt been sore today from walking at all. that is either a good or bad sign. im a little worried as my symptoms have eased off a little. im 10 weeks, so that could be it???? liz, mine was measurred 0.8 * 0.6. i had four tiny spots, just visible, about a week ago and an ultrasound the next day showed baby and heartbeat. thats all the bleeding i had. a little pain when i walked on one side. iv been resting ALOT. going mad too. anyway, im hoping the no pain after walking today is a good thing.

Thanks so much GMH & Starrynight for your input...

It really has helped. Hopefully, the doc will want another Ultrasound at about 11.5 or 12 weeks so we'll be able to see the progress of the bleed & more importantly, the baby!!

gmh, I'm sure different people have differing levels of severity. I'm glad you can move around without difficulty and I sincerely hope it stays that way for you. Bed rest is the pits! (will be going onto week 11 of it....) Even during my brief period of no spotting of any kind I could only last walking about 1/2 hour tops before I felt heavy, dizzy, sore and sick.

And I'm spotting again! It's only brown discharge so it's just old stuff but it's still disheartening. For me, the most minor of activities seems to trigger my spotting and cramps. I'm trying not to stay on the computer too long today so I can just lie still and take it easy.

Starrynight I spotted brown for a good few weeks before it completly stopped, I hope it's coming to an end for you now and you can start to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy xx

ok please bear with me cos i might be in the wrong area. OK so at 6 week i had a gush of bright red blood. went in for scan baby ok and bleeding next day and i passed a huge jelly clot and brought it in again thinking it was the baby. So spotted for a week then the next thursday another long clot :( so spotting from 6 -9 weeks. At 9 weeks scan showed huge blood clot, she said just wait to you see ur 12 week scan and get them to check it properly cos iam only just qualified just to date scans grrr. anyway had 12 week scan at 13-14 weeks and nothing was mentioned. then i had bleeding at 17 weeks and got a quick heartbeat check and no proper scan so off you go home basically to me you ll be having your 20 week soon sure... soooo at 19 weeks i had a bit of spotting didnt rush to hospital as i figured id go in next day, so then next morning some pains and then gush, out came my nearly 5 month pregnant son:( omg worse day of my life... ive researched and researched and this sch seems to be the cause?????????

Will it again come up in a future pregnancy? Does apirin help????????

As far as I am aware, sch is not connected to a blood clot disorder. I think it comes from some sort of damage caused to the lining or placenta. I've read a few theories that the actual implantation of the embryo or when the placenta starts to form and connect to the uterine wall a clot can form.

Sch can cause miscarriage and pre-term losses depending on the size and location of the clots. I'm not a doctor so I can't say if that's what happened with you. :shrug: I'm honestly surprised the docs didn't do much when you went in with bleeding at 17 weeks. :nope: I had bleeding at 14 weeks which is barely 2nd Tri and the docs at the hospital told me they take any post 1st Tri bleeding VERY seriously. Is there a doctor you could go see for more information?

I don't think sch in one pregnancy increases your odds of getting it the next time. But even if you do have it again the odds of having a healthy baby are still highly in your favour. Just try to find a doctor who will take your concerns seriously though there isn't really much that can be done besides resting and waiting.

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you've been left without any information.
:hug:

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 7w4d pregnant. 2 days ago I had brown spotting, went to the ER saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time:) 130 bpm. But I was diagnosed with SCH:( Since then my bleeding has gotten heavier, like a period flow and red, red. I called my OB where I was told if I have heavy bleeding or cramping to go in to ER, but since I have another ultrasound Tuesday(later today) to wait. I feel my baby is okay still, but it doesnt stop me from worrying like crazy. I have never even heard of a SCH until 2 days ago. I have been doing some research online, which has my emotions all over the place. Does anybody know about how many women with SCH will have it be resolved on its own, with no further recurrence of it? I know it can go away, or stay, or get worse. But I cant find stats or info on that part.
But, I did find a really good study that was done on SCH and pregnancy outcome. I found it helpful and reassuring.
https://journals.lww.com/greenjourn..._Detected_Subchorionic_Hemorrhage_and.11.aspx
I would read the whole thing even though its kinda long. This paticular study didnt go over the risk of miscarriage though. I did find a study that said with a SCH your risk of miscarriage is 13% before 8 weeks, and once you are 8 weeks its 6%, and once you are farther than that(I believe 2nd trimester) your risk is 1-3%(probably depending on size and/or location of it)
I dont know about you but I found it pretty reassuring.

Thanks for that! It seems to support the idea that, while the odds for these two particular issues (placenta abruption and preterm delivery) are increased it really isn't all that significant in the long run. To put a positive spin on it, we have a 97% chance of a healthy placenta (vs 99%) and an 85% chance of a full-term delivery (vs 90%). Not bad at all. We need to keep positive, ladies! Our odds of having a healthy, full-term baby are almost as good as a normal pregnancy.

and an update: my spotting has stopped again and I saw my OB today. He confirmed that my ultrasound showed no reason for my latest bleed. So it seems there aren't anymore clots--at least, nothing big enough to be detected. And he said the placenta is totally normal. My only remaining concern is placenta previa but he said we can't tell that until after my 20 week scan. Still taking things easy.

hey ladies. went for a reasurrance scan today. bubs was wriggling and moving, so happy!!! ANNNND NO SUBCHORIONIC HAEMORRHAGE DETECTED!!! im 10 weeks 4 days!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

have hope ladies, take it easy and drink lots of water!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->