Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

ok i posted on page before this to talk about my story, see i had bloodclots at 6-9 weeks and bleeding and nothing for 8 weeks and i took it easy with lots of bed rest :( well i had bleeding at 17 weeks and was sent home after they seen a heartbeat, no follow up. at 19 weeks i bled a little then cramps next night, then i cramped in morning and gave birth in bathroom:( no one has said why , from reading this post i know it was a sch but no one has said it is this!!! even thou at 9 weeks a scanner said oh look there is a huge blood clot beneath your baby! but hope it dissolves and at your 12 week scan she can look at it ! THIS IS ALL I GOT. i even sent my baby away from a PM. and ive still no answers! just if u get pregnant again we will look after you more. :( gutted

What i would love to know is there any links with Aspirin and thinning out the blood clots (baby asprin 75mg) i read some women who have MC take it up until 34 weeks? am i wrong... ?

I've heard that's what some women use. I've seen it mentioned often in the TTC After a Loss or Pregnant After a Loss forums. However, I'm not sure if it's for use with a sch or a more general blood clotting disorder that also affects pregnancy. My OB tells me there is nothing that can be done besides taking it easy and "waiting to see what happens". Sorry that I don't have more information. I would normally suggest asking your doctor but it seems you're not getting much help on that front. Is there any other doctor you could speak with? Maybe one of the girls on the TTCaL or PaL forums could help you out. This is also an older thread so maybe on one of the earlier pages you'll find a girl with a similar story.

AFM, started spotting again last night. Still just brown stuff but it's goopy enough (tmi) that makes me doubtful it's still from my bleed two weeks ago. It has slowed a bit and I"m taking it easy. I was sitting up a lot yesterday and I guess my body counts that as "strenuous activity". Sheesh.

i had brown then red.. please please lie down and just take it easy , its not easy but it will be worth it. i never knew we had to take it easy and i did. but sometimes i didnt:( i did lie a lot but just cos i was off uni and nothing else. good luck and let us know.

I've been on official bed rest pretty much since my bfp. My OB has assured me there aren't any more clots and there is nothing wrong with my placenta. But I am definitely taking it easy. dh does everything for me.

im sorry deshka, somehow i missed your post. that is a horrifying experience to have, made all the more worse by unhelpful doctors. i dont know much about this stuff. can u go to another doctor to find anything out?

hey ladies can i join you? I had an early scan today because of cramping, all they seen was a gestational sac measuring 6.1mm and a haematoma measuring 9mm. Doctor said it was nothing to worry about and was quite common in pregnancy, i have to go back next week to see if there is anything in gestational sac. I made the silly mistake of googling the haematoma when i got home and now i am terrified. but im told that 9mm is very small is that right?

3boys I had an early scan when my bleeding started and all that could be seen was the sac the following week baby and heartbeat was there so FXD it turns out the sane for you 9mm is less than a cm so yes that is very small just take it easy and hopefully it will resolve itself my bleeding started at 5 weeks and stopped at about 14 weeks xxx

i read this online
A subchorionic hematoma can be considered large if it is greater than 50% the size of the gestation sac, medium if it is 20-50% and small if it is less than 20%. Large hematomas by size (>30-50%) and volume (>50 mL) worsen the prognosis

so mine is huge then yeah?

It's too early to say. Your baby is still so tiny that it could eventually surpass the clot in size. At 5 weeks I had a gestational sack of 1cm and a clot of 5mm--so 50% the size of my baby. At 8 weeks my sack of fluids was as big as my baby--so 100%. But there was no clot. I had passed it the day before my scan but let me tell you, it was HUGE and all sorts of other clumps and tissues came out with it. There was a reason I thought I had lost the baby. The red bleeding stopped a few days later and the discharge became brown. At 10 weeks the sack of fluids was not there anymore. Had brown discharge for about another 3 weeks. At 14 weeks had another huge bleed but no cramps or clots. Nothing was found on the scan so I have no idea where the bleed came from.

Drink and rest lots and hope for the best. It's hard to predict how things will go. I think right now is to rest on the fact your doctor isn't concerned. It's not so much the size of the clot as where it is. If your baby is growing above the clot it is less likely it will affect the baby.

as far as i can remember they were side by side, did you get cramps with yours? i havent bled at all just cramp all the time.

I get mild cramps almost all the time, especially whenever I'm spotting...even if it's just brown discharge. I'm also having terrible constipation so that never helps but I have noticed that I feel crampy and slightly "off" just before, during, and shortly after a spotting episode. I lie flat and still as much as possible when that happens.

When I passed my clot my cramps were definitely severe. I would compare them to be almost equal to my miscarriage. Like I said, there was a reason I thought I had lost it. I was even getting condolences from the nurses at the hospital. Imagine my shock when they found a heart beat on the ultrasound!

But not everyone passes the clot or even bleeds. Often it gets reabsorbed. The vast majority of cases with sch end up with healthy, full-term babies. Yes, the risks are increased but not as much as some sites on Google would have you believe.

I know it's very scary though. I still live with that fear pretty much everyday. Especially as my last bleed was unexplained. I'd rather just know.

thank you so much, i just cant help wondering how im going to get through the next 7 days, i think if i see a heartbeat i will be much more reasurred!

I didn't see a heart beat the first time either. Those 7 days were so tough especially as I was already bleeding every day. Blech. I pretty much bled the entire First Trimester.

aww poor you that must of been awful, i have 4 other kids and im finding it hard to get on with normal life! i feel like im stuck until i know whats happening! lol

Hey, I'm joining in here too... I'm 8+4 and have been for a scan after quite a bad bleed with clots this weekend. They found a 5cm x 5cm hematoma this morning which is about twice the size of the gestational sac, but the heartrate is right on track, and baby is pretty much the right length so that is good.

I've been told to go about life as per usual but feel quite weird about that since so many of you get put on some rest at least!

Just pay attention to your body. If you notice that moving around consistently increases your pain or spotting then you should talk to your doctor about bed rest. I have definitely noticed a correlation. But I would suggest not to do any heavy lifting whatsoever and take breaks when you can.

I've read most of this thread and can honestly say it's been the most useful information I've been able to find on hemorrhages, very sad at times but also some really positive stories!

I'm 16 weeks and started to bleed 2 weeks ago. They found a hemorrhage 5.1 x 2.6. I had no real advice and not a clue what to do, what a powerless situation! It has been driving me crazy at times with the stress of it. I've bled 9 out of the last 14 days, varying amounts from fast gushing to smaller bleeds, mostly bright red and mostly first thing in the morning.

I have a review scan tomorrow so am really really hoping it's got smaller or, dare I say it, gone?

I don't understand where it came from so quickly..I had a scan at 13 weeks and 5 days later when I bled they found it..did they not see it at 13 weeks? Or what caused that amount of hemorrhage in 5 days? The sonographer also said she saw some older clotted blood on the placenta! What is that all about? I just feel frustrated with the lack of information and advice given from the professionals!

Anyway that's quite enough ranting from me!
Good luck to you all x

I totally understand! Mine wasn't there 9 days earlier at the scan I had then, and was a 5x5 pretty much on the next scan - Frustrating! I think they suspect they are veins that pop or something like that and let blood out before they clot up?

Inperfected - Ah I hadn't heard about the veins, that's interesting, I'll add that to my growing list of questions! Also you said you were told to carry on -my midwife said to do as little as possible for my own peace of mind should anything go wrong. I was also told today not to work (I haven't been since the bleeding started) but not complete bedrest because of the risk of a blood clot. I think you have to do what you feel comfortable with, also maybe see your GP if you haven't already?

I had my scan today and the good news is the baby is growing really well. The bad news is the hemorrhage is now 9.8 cm x 3 cm, argh!! And it is right next to the baby on the sac wall which I find very concerning. The sonographer was lovely but if I hadn't started asking loads of questions I would have just been packed off for another two weeks. As she could see I was a little distressed she referred me to EPU to have a chat with the nurse straight away (who I know because of my previous miscarriage). Anyway because I was asking her so many questions she referred me to a consultant.

So I have another scan in 2 weeks when I'll be 18 weeks and then see the consultant - and finally get some real info!!

Meanwhile the midwives I have seen have been lovely but I really think with the NHS unless you ask questions you are just left on your own.

Here's to another two week wait!
Take care everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"