Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I also like taking advantage of bed rest because I think I also happen to be one of those ladies who pregnancy makes me feel awful, miserable, tired and in pain irregardless of the sch. The sch simply legitimizes my need for rest. I've been feeling better in regards to the bleeding the past week or two and have been moving around the house a bit more but any amount of walking around or going in public puts me into near-tears and I have to go home right away. Or even being at the parents' unless I spend the entire time lying down. I will be fine, fine and then WHAMO! It's like hitting a brick wall and my stomach is aching and pinching and I'm getting all sorts of discharge which feels like blood so I panic and I feel sick and the night is ruined. That happened at the in-laws yesterday. Soon as I got home into my pyjamas and laid down I felt fine.

Yeah, that's frustrating isn't it :( I notice it gets worse when overset doing much more so will see how my 12 week San goes, and determine from there what to do. I am quite careful as I know it's bugger and freak out about it completely giving away - 5cm x 5cm).

There is one study that thinks it reduces the risk from 20% to 10% if you are on bed rest also, so good thing u girls are on it

Well, I think it is not good that there isn´t a unified protocol that Drs follow for sch... I try to be on th safe side, but I think in the end it is going to happen what is going to happen, otherwise there would be a unified criteria on the matter. I keep the bedrest strictly but even doing so, I wonder if I am somehow forcing nature to progress with something that shouldn´t...I never had a mc, and I am totally scared of having to go through one later on, if it has to happen, better early than later :p At times I feel pretty confident that everything will be fine, but sometimes i ger freaked out. as much as Í am dead bored and in pain due to bedrest, I would feel guilty if I started doing things to avoid boredom or my own discomfort. I didn´t have single pregnancy symptom with my first, but with this one I am going with all the signs by the books LOL I am a big mess :)

Brown spotting was almost gone for 2 days but it got back yeasterday, it is just a few brown drops afer I pee sometimes and some brownish CM when I wipe, I was a bit frustrated and scared when I saw the drops again, I was hoping that with this torture total bedrest this would stop alltogether. I also have randon pinchy crampy pains in my lower abdomen, not sure wheter this is gas or contractions caused by the blood. As days go by and the bleeding doesn´t stop I get less and less optimistic :p I am constantly worried and exhausted.

I also sometimes get 'pinchy' cramps, v localised usually when I go to bed at right, they are quite painful!

Yesterday I bled all day and night, brown blood and have some more today. I am hoping it is the hemorrhage 'bleeding out' as I have read this on one of the ways it is resolved. So maybe it's a good thing? That's what I'm hoping anyway!:thumbup:

Hugs hope! It's frustrating isn't it. I keep on having just spotting for a few days then the brown blood again, ugh!

hope, are you only bleeding brown stuff? I would try and not worry too much about brown or even red if it's only spotting. Most of the time I only had spotting of either -- only when I wiped. I went to the hospital every time I had an actual flow.

nikad, I have alot of pinchy cramps too. Some of it is related to the bleeding, I would guess, because mine increased during times of spotting but alot of it can also be chalked up to gas and constipation or indigestion. I get these even when I'm not spotting.

I also sometimes get 'pinchy' cramps, v localised usually when I go to bed at right, they are quite painful!

Yesterday I bled all day and night, brown blood and have some more today. I am hoping it is the hemorrhage 'bleeding out' as I have read this on one of the ways it is resolved. So maybe it's a good thing? That's what I'm hoping anyway!:thumbup:

I hope it goes away after it bleeds out. It is just scary to see blood when pregnant, you are simply not expecting that ... I suppose one gets used to the idea after a while. Your sch should resolve soon as I think you are around 17 weeks right? I have read that they tend to dissappear by the 20th week. At the same time, I have read this whole thread and reading Jennifer´ssotry is very encouraging, I think she bled almost all of the time, her sch enlarged and went just fine :)

Hugs hope! It's frustrating isn't it. I keep on having just spotting for a few days then the brown blood again, ugh!
Yeah, pretty frustrating indeed... so far spotting looks brown all the time, but I am trying to somehow prepare myself for any reds ( just so I don´t flip out if I see it ) This is like a lottery.

hope, are you only bleeding brown stuff? I would try and not worry too much about brown or even red if it's only spotting. Most of the time I only had spotting of either -- only when I wiped. I went to the hospital every time I had an actual flow.

nikad, I have alot of pinchy cramps too. Some of it is related to the bleeding, I would guess, because mine increased during times of spotting but alot of it can also be chalked up to gas and constipation or indigestion. I get these even when I'm not spotting.

I think it is both gas, indigestion, bleeding and natural cramps that a lot of women get. I am super gassy for 2 weeks now and am on progesterone pills, which I have heard is the cause of gas in pregnant woman, so this additional pills makes it a lot worse... add total bedrest to that and it is a bad combo hehehe. The mind wonders when days get so long in bed. I need to find some courage to go take a shower today.

Thanks for your supportive replies. :flower: I'm still bleeding brown but not quite as much as Friday, although last night I had the worst cramps with my bleeding I woke my husband and said if it got any worse he would have to take me to A and E, I was so scared I was starting to miscarry..but after about 30 mins it all calmed down!!! It is so ridiculously scary!!!

I found the following on a website and keep reading it to make myself feel better! -

"At times, abdominal cramps may also be felt. Pain, cramps and bleeding are very scary for pregnant women, in spite of the fact that they are normally associated with subchorionic hematoma in the uterus."

(I tried to post the link but this website wouldn't let me as I haven't posted 10 times or more..I'm sure I will have soon and will put it up).

Yeah, that's frustrating isn't it :( I notice it gets worse when overset doing much more so will see how my 12 week San goes, and determine from there what to do. I am quite careful as I know it's bugger and freak out about it completely giving away - 5cm x 5cm).

There is one study that thinks it reduces the risk from 20% to 10% if you are on bed rest also, so good thing u girls are on it

How long til your scan?

Hope19, I had quite some cramping a couple of days ago, I still get an odd pinch here and there throughout the day, but not as bad. I guess we have to try to think that as much as this bleeding is not what it is supposed to happen when pregnant, crample contras and little contractions here and there are common for most women as the uterus is constantly changing and growing. I was over worried yesterday about the brown spotting not going away, and everytime i would get up to go to the bthr I would get some...I guess it is gravity! but today it seems to be less. I wonder what exactly is the brown stuff? I know they say it is old blood, so it this the clot going away? If you get red instead ofbrown, does that mean the hematoma is enlarging? ugh, I feel so powerless! the only thing I want to see oming out is a baby in like 7 months! ;)

I think we might also be getting round ligament pain, which I have just read is stabbing...

Hope, I'm not 100% sure as I have my first midwife appt tomorrow, but unless she let's me do it a few days early, or wants a scan before then it's 2 weeks and 2 days at a minimum...

Inperfected - that's still a bit of a wait, I think we must be developing the patience of angels with these hemorrhages..just waiting and waiting!

Nikad - Yeah I think we are hyper sensitive to any changes..I wish I had more info but hopefully next Wednesday the consultant will be able to answer my questions! Will let you know if she says anything useful! As far as I understand it brown blood is old blood - the clot coming out..and red blood.. well when I was bleeding red in the first few weeks of knowing I had the hemorrhage my midwife didn't really comment on whether this was bad news or not! But you kind of think, fresh blood, prob not that good..

:kiss:

Yeah hope... it's a minimum of 3 weeks away today now cos my stupid midwife decided she was going by the first scan's dates not my ovulation date. Which is completely stupid since I've NEVER heard of someone having HCG of 700+ at 8 days past ovulation... some people aren't even implanted then! It's more like an 18 day one, which is still 2 days ahead of my real dates.

I"m thinking of getting a doppler (heart rate thingy) to check on the baby though between monthly appt (yes, I see her next in 4 weeks) - she barely knew what an SCH is!!

Anyhow, I'll stick to my REAL dates, except for with her/scans etc, and if she tries to make me go more than a week overdue, I'll kick up a fuss.

STUPID SCH!!!

I've started flooding again, and I'm monitoring it overnight, but if I will this pad this hour (been only 20 mins so far, and more than 3rd that's for sure) I will ring midwife and get her to send me in, otherwise, I will be asking for an emergency scan tomorrow morning as I hate this more than anything... I'd still been bleeding, but it was only brown/black colour, but now it's bright red again. I've barely done much all day, but I guess I have been leaning over - if it's not gone in this scan, I'll not do my teaching practice I think (in early childhood centre - starting in 3 weeks)...

I really hope the bleeding calms down inperfected! And that you get your scan, you need to know what's going on! It's too much stress not knowing!

:hugs:

I am getting a scan tomorrow... The midwife (yes the only 1 year in practice one!) told me she thinks I"m losing it! :( Thanks for the vote of confidence... Yes, 3 pads in 2 hours (super ones) is alot, but I also know it was close to this last time too... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->