Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hey jord, they Don't seem to tell people that usually, but it was info I found on research studies and that. I am so glad it's gone for you though!!

Seem I'm one of the few left here with one :( or at least I had one three week ago and haven't stopped bleeding so assume I have one...

Question for everyone, when you gushed, did you ever have bad a moderate gush once, and then the bleeding stopped pretty much (i.e. Didn't just slow down?)? I've had this happen 3 times in last week now and it's quite "out of character" for the way it's bleed so far so little nervous something like a minor abruption has happened or something, but will ask midwife - just wondered if any of you have had a similar thing...

Im really so glad to hear about all of the resolved and shrinking SCH's!! It gives me so much hope! I have no idea whats up with mine-its been about 6 wks since my Dr looked at my sch. I had brown spotting for 5 weeks, and now have been spot free for 5 days.
So, about the preterm labor risk-even when its resolved you still carry a slightly higher chance of your waters breaking. The blood that used to be there may have weakened your amniotic sac, so even if your sch has resolved and no blood has been touching your sac for some time, the damage could already be done, but the risk is small. Not all that high really, I read a study and it wasnt too much higher than a normal pregnancy would have. I dont think you would actually go into labor early though when its gone and resolved-only when the blood is still actually in there because the blood irritates the uterus and can cause contractions. That risk is still small too even with a still there sch. But at least that part(contractions from the blood) should go away once its resolved.
So, if that makes sense. There is a risk of preterm labor and waters breaking with a sch and only the risk of waters breaking once its resolves, or so Im lead to believe. But small chance! We are talking like 13-15% instead of 10%
Of course I have made myself very worried over the ruptured membranes. Im already at a higher risk for that since I had a previous pregnancy where my waters broke early, so that just means for me my risk is higher than all of yours. Me my risk is 30% waters breaking early and now Im guessing more like 33-35%, but I feel if I take my extra vitamin c and vitamin e I am lowering my chances, I really believe it!

Oops, editing.. that 13-15% is combined with the preterm labor and waters breaking. In fact the percent of your waters breaking is less than that. Maybe 5%. So Im guessing once your sch resolves you have 95% chance of waters NOT breaking early, Btw, every woman who has had sch or has not ever had sch still has about a 10% chance of preterm labor. I just think its higher for us who are still actively bleeding etc.
Bleh, hope that makes enough sense!

Oh and inperfected I have heard of that. Never happened with me, mine always tapered off. But I have seen women write where they gush a bunch and suddenly its gone. I doubt its an abruption hun. I sure hope not.
And we are 16 weeks so lets hope by 20 wks we are sch free, I really cannot wait.
Im afraid my Dr wont clearly be able to see mine. Like what is he has a older ultrasound machine or a just the kind that isnt as good. I cant think of the word for it. Do I need to go and get a high ultrasound to know for sure? I dont want to be told its gone, but then end up bleeding again. My next appointment is in 10 days and I am going to have him look for it for me. I need to know what is going on in there!

Ashley, so glad your bleeding has stopped!!! I've not had mine stop yet (well, I had one day stopped, but that was before the sch) in the last 11 weeks... I think I felt bubskik for the first time today though! :) :) :)

Yeah, I kinda doubt that too, just been really weird bleeding patterns to what I've heard of with an sch, and weird blood compared to othe times

Seriously, only our group ciul talk about this kind of stuff without "TMI"'s all the time isn't it! :)

Thanks everyone so much for the support though, I dont know how I would have got past these few months without u all.

Hugs Ashley, the older us machines can still see it if it's not miniscle i believe. I go to midwife in 2 days, and got scanned last 3 weeks ago tomorrow, because of the big bleed then... I dint get scanned til 20 weeks though unless I get referred for another which I really hope I do...

inperfected, yay for feeling the baby kick! Try not to worry about an abruption. I think they're still pretty rare even with sch. And even if you have one it can heal. Mine did, and there was another girl on these boards who had one the same time I did and hers resolved about the same time as well.

Congrats to jord for having a resolved sch! Woo hoo! So exciting!!!

And Ashley, that's terrific that your bleeding has stopped! I've found sch so much easier to handle when it was internal only. Active vaginal bleeding is way too stressful. I hope your next appointment shows that it's gone~!

Conratulations Jordeliz!! :)

Inperfected: My bleed was just like that: a red gush and within less than 15 minutes it had stopped and turned into very little brown spotting that lasted for 2 or 3 weeks.

Congrats, Jordeliz, that's awesome!! Looks like your bedrest has paid off:)

I agree that the consensus seems to be that we are at a higher risk of preterm delivery if we ever had an SCH, resolved or not; however, the risk is not high AND it's usually only by a week or so, not way early when it would be a risk to baby. Here's a link I found of some women discussing the exact same thing and what their docs told them...
https://community.babycenter.com/po...sk_for_preterm_labour_and_placental_abruption

I do know that if the SCH has not resolved, that can cause the preterm delivery too---(here's how my doc explained it--) right now, that old blood in there can cause contractions when it's trying to find a way out (because the blood is an irritant), we just don't feel them yet. But these early contractions aren't a risk because they can't affect the whole uterus and turn to real delivery contractions until much later, like at the very least 28-32 weeks. I personally was only worried about delivering much earlier because they wouldn't save baby, and was glad to hear 28-32 weeks plus, because modern medicine has advanced to such a point that preemies have a great outcome at that stage.

Congrats Jordeliz, Ashley and anyone else I left out who has had good news this week.
Imperfected, keep the faith. When I initially saw my o.b. after being diagnosed with thesch he told me, "you know, you may bleed throughout your pregnancy." It kind of surprised me but from what he said, some women do bleed that long and still have a healthy baby. And my school is large, so maybe that is why.

Thanks everyone, and yeah nikad, just weird cos mine had been completely different (heavy for over 24 hours and slowly tapered off ove a week or so)...

Congrats, Jordeliz, that's awesome!! Looks like your bedrest has paid off:)

I do know that if the SCH has not resolved, that can cause the preterm delivery too---(here's how my doc explained it--) right now, that old blood in there can cause contractions when it's trying to find a way out (because the blood is an irritant), we just don't feel them yet. But these early contractions aren't a risk because they can't affect the whole uterus and turn to real delivery contractions until much later, like at the very least 28-32 weeks. I personally was only worried about delivering much earlier because they wouldn't save baby, and was glad to hear 28-32 weeks plus, because modern medicine has advanced to such a point that preemies have a great outcome at that stage.

This actually makes me feel MORE terrible because 28 - 32 weeks is when I'll be moving/flying out to my new home and won't have access to an OB yet. :cry::cry::cry:

Seem I'm one of the few left here with one :( or at least I had one three week ago and haven't stopped bleeding so assume I have one...

I'm still right there with ya inperfected! 5.5 weeks of bedrest and counting. Sometimes my bleeding does weird things too. Every now and then I think it's getting lighter and feel much better about things, and the next day I'll pass a big clot and the bleeding will start again. :wacko: It feels like there's no end. But...every day is another accomplishment. And another day closer to our sweet babies' arrival, right?

Just want to let you know I miscarried. It may have had nothing to do with the Hematoma. It was not a sound pregnancy. We'll try again.

Well, I've had my appt and I have a scan in 9 days now (rather than the 3-4 weeks it was going to be)... I'm really happy about that :)

Some of the studies done on preterm labor risk with sch, have very different outcomes. Here is one: preterm labor risk with sch 15.5%, without 10.5% Thought I'd throw this in too- risk of placental abruption with sch-3.6%, without 0.6%. Good odds either way. And here is another study:
those who bedrest while actively bleeding had a 4-5% chance of preterm delivery, those without bedrest while bleeding had about 5-10%(depending on hematoma size) Though on one part it counted a miscarriage as not going to term. so if you count the miscarriages also, it said 89% will go term with bedrest, and 70% will go term with out bedrest(only bedrest while actually bleeding). Once you are past the miscarriage risk, then that shouldnt apply.
So, that last study shows really good results!! Actually both do. The first study was a bigger study of over 1,000 women with sch, the 2nd was a study with 230 women with sch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->