Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Imperfected- such a gorgeous pic! So happy to hear his is doing well. How are you in yourself? Imagine you feel drained.

Kelseysmum- what an emotional journey you've been on. Heres hoping things ease up from here on.

I've had the nod to start swimming again- did 40 lengths this morning- slowly. Went straight home and put Doppler on!

And moving home tomorrow! Ergh!

I want to go swimming that sounds incrediable!

Hey ladies

Im 6+5 weeks pregnant. I had a scan yesterday and we saw a heartbeat but they also said I have a blood clot. They gave me no information of size what it is or.nothing. I'm really confused. I already have a beautiful princess and she was a really care free pregnancy. Im so worried. Please advise me. I've got another scan in 2 weeks to see whats going on xx

I had a scan on monday and the SCH that they saw at 6 w 4d is gone! babies are great moving around like crazy! These things can resolve themselves I pray the same for you :)

This is the update I gave about Christopher but thought I'd share with people who relate

So I went to my doctor for my fifth ultrasound and the "official" what sex is baby ultrasound although I have known it was a boy for over a month now. Aiden looked great he was measuring well his heart was perfect, all his organs and spine have formed. My Hemorrhage has not shrunk and continues to bleed and clot, the doctor told me it measured at four which is covering about an inch and one quarter of my placenta. He said right now baby looked good but that he would at no point in this pregnancy be able to tell me my baby won't die unless he is out of my womb and breathing. As if it doesn't suck enough to hear your baby might not live in utero it is even worse to hear that because of where the hemorrhage is he could die during birth because my placenta could suffer an abruption which could cause Aiden to bleed to death before they could get to him and I could bleed to death too, I am familiar with the placental abruptions because that is how my son Christopher died, and I almost died thank God for blood transfusions because I had to have four. He may have to be taken from my womb early because as he grows my placenta may be unable to support him or his growth since it is partially detached so he may quit growing in which case they will have to induce premature labor in hopes baby can survive outside the womb. I hate that my doctor refers to it as a waiting game, because believe me if this is a game it is a sick one. In six weeks they will start giving me drugs to mature Aiden's lungs so he has the best odds outside the womb. My doctor said he prefers I continue to bleed at this point because it will keep pressure from building up and causing a clot to further detach my placenta. He said all the pain I have been having is most likely contractions which is caused by the bleeding, he said those would probably continue until I give birth. Regardless of all the bad things he said there is still a chance Aiden could be full term, and with that chance lays all my hope. I can't believe in the bad because with the millions of things that can go wrong I just feel in my heart this time everything will be alright. I just refuse to believe that God would bring me this far all over again just to drop me on my butt. I already suffered a devastating loss in Feb. and I refuse to let it happen again, so please pray for Aiden Chase and a healthy pregnancy through birth. I am not willing to give up!

This is the update I gave about Christopher but thought I'd share with people who relate

So I went to my doctor for my fifth ultrasound and the "official" what sex is baby ultrasound although I have known it was a boy for over a month now. Aiden looked great he was measuring well his heart was perfect, all his organs and spine have formed. My Hemorrhage has not shrunk and continues to bleed and clot, the doctor told me it measured at four which is covering about an inch and one quarter of my placenta. He said right now baby looked good but that he would at no point in this pregnancy be able to tell me my baby won't die unless he is out of my womb and breathing. As if it doesn't suck enough to hear your baby might not live in utero it is even worse to hear that because of where the hemorrhage is he could die during birth because my placenta could suffer an abruption which could cause Aiden to bleed to death before they could get to him and I could bleed to death too, I am familiar with the placental abruptions because that is how my son Christopher died, and I almost died thank God for blood transfusions because I had to have four. He may have to be taken from my womb early because as he grows my placenta may be unable to support him or his growth since it is partially detached so he may quit growing in which case they will have to induce premature labor in hopes baby can survive outside the womb. I hate that my doctor refers to it as a waiting game, because believe me if this is a game it is a sick one. In six weeks they will start giving me drugs to mature Aiden's lungs so he has the best odds outside the womb. My doctor said he prefers I continue to bleed at this point because it will keep pressure from building up and causing a clot to further detach my placenta. He said all the pain I have been having is most likely contractions which is caused by the bleeding, he said those would probably continue until I give birth. Regardless of all the bad things he said there is still a chance Aiden could be full term, and with that chance lays all my hope. I can't believe in the bad because with the millions of things that can go wrong I just feel in my heart this time everything will be alright. I just refuse to believe that God would bring me this far all over again just to drop me on my butt. I already suffered a devastating loss in Feb. and I refuse to let it happen again, so please pray for Aiden Chase and a healthy pregnancy through birth. I am not willing to give up!

Hang in there! Hopefully things will settle for you and your LO and your placenta will stick back. In the meantime take it very easy and keep drinking lots of water. This has to be your comeback :hugs:

Hang in there! Hopefully things will settle for you and your LO and your placenta will stick back. In the meantime take it very easy and keep drinking lots of water. This has to be your comeback :hugs:

I hope you are right although my ob said it is likely i will bleed the entire pregnancy I'm having a boy too!!!

Are you on bed rest KelseyMom? I know its really hard to be on BR but I think it would be beneficial. Another lady on here had a partial abruption after having an SCH and it eventually healed and she went on to have her boy full term.

Hey ladies

Im 6+5 weeks pregnant. I had a scan yesterday and we saw a heartbeat but they also said I have a blood clot. They gave me no information of size what it is or.nothing. I'm really confused. I already have a beautiful princess and she was a really care free pregnancy. Im so worried. Please advise me. I've got another scan in 2 weeks to see whats going on xx

I was told I had a sch at about 7.5 weeks and that was pretty much it. I had no idea what it was or what would happen, and I felt like I was in the dark for a while. I came here and read a lot and got more info on the matter. I was only told at the hospital that either my placenta would detach or it would heal and that I should take it easy and not lift anything over 10 lbs. It was a confusing time. I have heard with SCH it is either a small tear or a clot-I'm not sure if both happen or just 1 of them or what. I still am not sure exactly what mine was as my placenta tear or clot couldnt be seen, but the blood pooling from it is what was seen and thus the SCH diagnosis made.

Hi ladies! Just a word of encouragement. I know some of you from when I had my very large SCH and was on bedrest weeks 14 to 21. It eventually went away and I delivered 2 beautiful baby boys almost 1 month ago. I passed the SCH after the delivery (I didn't even know it was still there). Mine was very large and they did not sound promising at first. I thought this would be encouraging for some of you still experiencing this :) Here is the result of my SCH ;) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.548034698519.2039405.160800409

I try to relax but its hard with keira lol. Yer i just fee like she didn't want to tell me anything. Yhe bleedings stopped now? Could it be a sign that its healing or gone? I had some brown yesterday but it was so faint. I hate not knowing xx :(

I hope you are right although my ob said it is likely i will bleed the entire pregnancy I'm having a boy too!!!

Congrats on having a boy! :happydance: As for bleeding throughout the pregnancy, it was not my experience, but my OB told me not to be surprised if I saw blood again ( this while the SCH was still active ). I know how scary it is, but there have been women posting on this thread that bled during most of their pregnancies and delivered ( some premie and others full term ) healthy babies. This can be you too! I imagine it is hard not to think negative things after your traumatic experience, but instead try to think why can´t it be me having a healthy baby this time too ? Keep it up!

Are you on bed rest KelseyMom? I know its really hard to be on BR but I think it would be beneficial. Another lady on here had a partial abruption after having an SCH and it eventually healed and she went on to have her boy full term.

I have been on bedrest a month and a half and have to be on it for the next 5 the doctor said i can swim though cause it takes pressure of the uterus, so thats good at least

Congrats on having a boy! :happydance: As for bleeding throughout the pregnancy, it was not my experience, but my OB told me not to be surprised if I saw blood again ( this while the SCH was still active ). I know how scary it is, but there have been women posting on this thread that bled during most of their pregnancies and delivered ( some premie and others full term ) healthy babies. This can be you too! I imagine it is hard not to think negative things after your traumatic experience, but instead try to think why can´t it be me having a healthy baby this time too ? Keep it up!
I feel very optimistic even though the doctors keep trying to lower my hopes, i have been bleeding nearly 2 months now, but with Christopher it was different and only took 3 weeks to lose him, so i do believe :) god did not bring me this far to drop me on my hind end...

I've been having a brown discharge for the past two weeks - am afraid my doctor is not taking this seriously. Have been told by everyone about the repeat ultrasounds - measuring of the clot in the sac but nothing by my doctor. She didnt even have time to see me on the set appointment date.

Have a history of miscarriage.

Am terrified.

I've been having a brown discharge for the past two weeks - am afraid my doctor is not taking this seriously. Have been told by everyone about the repeat ultrasounds - measuring of the clot in the sac but nothing by my doctor. She didnt even have time to see me on the set appointment date.

Have a history of miscarriage.

Am terrified.

How far along are you? Brown blood is not considered bad...

KelseyMom, whilst i had my boy early, he's a healthy wee man and doing really well. :) Once I'd given birth they said I'd had an small abruption that had "half" healed. I bleed from week 5 and had about 2 weeks where I stopped bleeding properly before he was born.

Hey ladies, I am new here. Anyone who has had a subchorionic or placental bleed, did you ever have another one in a following pregnancy? I am wondering as I had a small bleed with my DD2 and my DH and I are wanting to try and conceive again this fall. Because of the bleed with DD2 I was not able to fly for a trip we had booked to Mexico. We now have a trip planned for Hawaii during Christmas and i don't mind traveling while pregnant, but I don't want to risk missing our trip if I have a chance of having another subchorionic bleed, but I also don't want to wait to TTC either. I had a previous c-section so I think that may be a factor in all of this. If anyone has and info or experience with this, I would love some input. What does everyone think of flying with a SCH, I have read that some say it is okay and others say it isn't, so I am not sure. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->