Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I have read through many pages of this discussion and it seems like there isn't as much activity here as there used to be...but, I will share my story anyways.

I was told that I had a sch after bleeding heavily (clots and all) at 6weeks. Like a lot of others, I too, thought that I had miscarried. I had to wait until the following day to have an ultrasound. It was then that we saw that there was a heartbeating little embryo (118). We were very happy and scared. The clot measured 29mm x 19mm. I immediatlely went home and went on pretty strict bed rest for the entire week.

I had a follow up ultrasound, the following week at 7+1weeks that confirmed that the baby was still there and has grown with a hb of 131. The clot was pretty much the same size measuring at 26mm x 19mm x 24mm.

I am now 8+2weeks and up until this time, I have had pretty regular but slight beige/brown/black spotting. Today, however, I woke up to have a gush of dark brown bleeding. It scared me, but I am hopeful that this means that the clot is working itself out.

Sunshine - how long have you been spotting? How far along are you, now? I hope we both stop bleeding/spotting soon. Are you on bedrest or anything? I am supposed to be going out for dinner with some friends, tonight and am feeling unsure about it now that I started bleeding a bit, today.

I've been spotting non-stop for 4 weeks. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. I'm not on bed rest. My dr told me there was no point because it will either heal or it won't :( not very comforting to hear. I hope it stops for you soon. It's horrible. I had this with my son too.

Hi

I have just been diagnosed with a really large sch. It started on Friday morning. I was just sitting on the sofa watching tv when I felt the worst cramp ever. I thought that it was my breakfast that turned bad. Checked my pad and it was full of blood.

Rushed to the doctor immediately. They scanned but could not find anything wrong. Baby was doing well, waving hands and legs, really cute! But due to the amount of bleeding, I was warded in hospital for observation.

However, yesterday at subsequent scan, they found a really huge clot surrounding the sac. It is a crescent, so actual measurements are difficult. But the clot was measuring 8cm on the side facing the cervix and 3cm the other way. It's about 1cm in width. It is wrapped around 50% of the sac.

After the initial gush, the bleeding stopped somewhat and is now occasional spotting. I am 10w1d today. Baby measures 2 days ahead. I really don't know what to expect from here. My doctor is fortunately very supportive.

This is so scary! I have been reading and reading about this (not much else to do while on bed rest) and it seems that a clot as large as this has mixed outcomes.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My Dr doesn't have me on bed rest so I just take it as easy as I can. Prayers for you and your little one :)

Hi Sunshine

Thanks for the prayers. I am also wondering if bed rest will really help. But I am a complete wreck now so anything that could remotely help - I'm there!

The bleeding stopped. But after a trip to the toilet to do a #2, it started to spot heavier. Then eased up after another day of bed rest.

The dr said that at this stage, the focus is to prevent aggravating the 'wound'. Another major bleed may wash the baby out. So whatever it is, I'm not moving!

Make sure you take something to help you go to the bathroom. If I'm.ever constipated it makes my bleeding heavier.

Goodluckbear - my sch is also a crescent around my baby. And when first found, it was way more than 50% of the size of the sac. However, because I was only 6 weeks, the baby was still very small. At my last scan, the clot was still the same size but the baby had tripled in size. So, hopefully you will see that your clot gets smaller at least in relation to your baby, as your baby grows. Because of the size and location of my bleed, I was told to bedrest. I did this strictly for one week, only getting up to use the bathroom and once to shower (I know, gross). After one week, I started doing a little. It more around the house like fixing myself small meals, but nothing strenuous. I feel it has really helped with taming the bleeding. Also, I have been drinking a lot of water. Oh, and as for bowel movements, I was told to use a stool softener in order to avoid straining your abdomen. I've also been very constipated.

Do you have anymore scheduled ultrasounds? Keep us posted:)

Sunshine - how are you holding up? Do you know where your sch is located in relation to your baby?

My brown bleeding from yesterday pretty much stopped and now I just have brown spotting.

My ultrasound tech was so brief with me :( she didn't give me the size but said it was to the right of the sac. My Dr doesn't think these are a big deal but I do. It bothers me she's not more proactive. She just told me no heavy lifting or sex.

Brown bleeding is good :) its a shame any of us have to see blood during pregnancy :(

Both of the ultrasound techs that I saw, acted as though schs were no big deal and one of them said that the majority of women that she scanned had them and that the bleeds will just eventually disappear. The doctor said that women worry about the bleeds causing a miscarriage when in reality, we are more likely to miscarry from something unrelated to sch, in the first trimester.

Well that's good to know :) I'm hoping to make it out of the first trimester

I wish you all the best, my advice that comfortable in bed and no sexual intercourse, To not feel guilty if something happened,I have two children 2,6years, 1year and I do not have any one to help me

I think the stool softener is a good idea. I never really had any problems with #2, but now I worry about it daily. My dr has offered it, and yes, I think I'll start taking it!

My next scheduled scan is in 2 weeks. But my dr would like to see me earlier. I've been asked to walk-in anytime this week if I could. But I dunno, it seems a little soon. I am probably more scared to see it grow bigger! The sac at last measurement was 8 cm too. How fast do they grow?

As long as your taking it easy hopefully it will shrink. The sch I had with my son went away finally after 8 weeks of bleeding.

While sitting in the toilet today, long strings of mucous blood started to come out. It was dark red mixed with fresh blood. And enough to make the toilet all red. This is really freaking me out. When will the fresh red bleeding stop?

Hugs goodluckbear and everyone else :( It sucks thats for sure. I'd suggest possibly going to the doctors or something if it's free gooluckbear as when theres a lot of FRESH red blood, it's wise to get checked I found (bled from 8-22 weeks myself and had bubby at 29 weeks - healthy as now!)
*hugs* it's such a hard time I know :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"