Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi Jenny25! Wish you didn't have to join us...but welcome! Are you on any form of bedrest? I've been discharged from the hospital. But still on strict bedrest at home but with bathroom privileges.

Hiya and thank you no I'm not on bed rest I'm pretty lucky but I've been taking things easy for the time being xx

Hi goodluckbear, it's good to know your out of hospital how is it going? I had good news at the scan on Friday the bleed is the same size but the baby has grown and they said the bleed looks smallcompared to the baby and they don't want to see me again. They think it will come out as old blood or be re-absorbed. We are so happy and now have our 12 week scan on Tuesday to get our due date.

Jenny welcome to the group I was on bed rest for a week I think this really worked. I hope you have good news when is your next scan.

Best wishes everyone

J x

Thank you my next scan is on wed morning so hopefully see if it's decreased x

Just did another scan today. I am not sure what to make out of it. The clot was still there, same size. But as we were scanning, it moved from the left of the sac to the right. The dr said it's because I changed position from sitting to lying down. What could this mean? It looked like fluid sloshing around.

I have been diagnosed with one of these. Had no bleeding. Have to go back in two weeks to see if the size has reduced x

Hi Everyone!

I had a scan, last Friday (sorry its taken me so long to post). My clot has split into two clots due to the baby and gestational sac growing and squishing it at the top. Although the clots appear to be measuring larger than before, I was told it was a good sign that they are thinning out and breaking up and will most likely reabsorb. Also, the clots are not right beside the sac, anymore. We were happy with the results and excited to see our baby kicking their newly formed legs:)

I did end up in the hospital that same evening due to major constipation impaction. I was in so much pain and could not walk or stand. I have been having a very difficult time with constipation over the last couple of weeks. Anyone else?

Today I am 10 weeks pregnant! I havent bled or spotted for 6 days, now, which is a first for me since four weeks ago when I had my first heavy bleed. Feeling pretty optimistic, overall. But bought some maternity jeans the other day, mostly because I'm so bloated from being constipated-haha!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Welcome Jenny and Charlotte!

Jenny, how did your scan go from yesterday?

Goodluckbear, apparently the clots can move around. Mine moved away from the baby, although, not right in front of my eyes:)

Charlotte, let us know how your scan goes in a couple of weeks.

Hey that's great news hun

Yeah mine seems too of gotten thinner as well xx

Turns out that the clot was not sloshing around in my case. It was just my ob freaking out and totally misinterpreting the ultrasound. I got a second opinion and the new ob says that it is definitely a clotted mass. No change in size... But he said to way at least 4 weeks to see any improvement given the huge size of the clot. On the upside, he said that it was totally not necessary for strict bedrest but modified bed rest will do. Maybe when I feel morf confident I'll get up to do more stuff!

So, I had another scan a couple of days ago to check on the hematomas. If you recall, it had split into two clots. Well, at my last scan, the clots have disappeared and absorbed! I haven't bled or spotted in two weeks. Baby is doing well and measuring a couple of days ahead of schedule. So, stay positive and rest as much as possible. How is everyone else doing?

Saucy - That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you *hugs*

My next scan isn't till 2 weeks later. Meanwhile, just taking it really easy at home.

That's great news hun xxx

I have my scan on Monday x

I started bleeding again last night.... ugghhh I thought the stupid thing had healed :( I was wrong!

Hello!

I've been reading all the pages posted here and wanted to join in to share. On Nov. 5 of 2011, my husband I said goodbye to our baby girl, Gabriella Rose, who was born at 21 weeks - just short of the viable mark. I am a mom of 5 children and she was our 6th. Whether she was our first or sixth, we were struck by the devastation that our SCH had brought us. It was so hard to know she was perfect, but I felt as though my body killed her and there was nothing I could do.

I had a perfect pregnancy till around 11 weeks I had horrible cramping, clots passing, etc. and was later diagnosed with a large hematoma on the underside of the gestational sac. Baby was great and kicking, but at risk. I typically have my kids born at home, but had to seek out an ob/gyn for an u/s. He was very vague and didn't offer much info. or hope. I put myself on a bed rest and found it helped. I was also anemic, which didn't help.

In my previous two pregnancies I had bleeding at that same gestational time (11 weeks), but all went on well and undiagnosed - assuming SCH? Those bleeds were one time and lasted only a short time, but each pregnancy the bleeding was worse.

On the upside, I am so happy to read of the positive outcomes of SCH and am trying to learn more so that if we are blessed enough in the future to have another little one on the way we are more educated.

Has anyone had an SCH and had a reoccurence in a succeeding pregnancy? Was it a success? I would love to know more from others' experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->