Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I'm actually still in the hospital. The dr said that it was okay as long as I was not gushing blood. It seems like blood that pooled throughout the day and night. Since i am on bed rest, maybe it didn't get a chance to come out? It slowed to spotting the moment i climbed back to bed. I'm trying to convince myself it's dark red. But both the doc and nurse saw it and said it looked fresh. Argh...

Hi everyone, I'm on bed rest and found this group whilst browsing the net. My story so far.... It's my first pregnancy and I have been spotting since 5 weeks. At 6 weeks I had a scan and nothing was picked up, then again at 9 weeks again everything was fine. At 10+5 went for another scan due to bleeding and they found a sch. It measures 25mm x 5mm at the moment. They said this is likely to represent a sch bleed. They said they've seen these go either way and left me with a 50% chance. Before I had the scan they told me it sounds like you've miscarried which I found quite hurtful. Now I'm on bed rest this will be my 3rd full day with my mind going crazy. It has helped knowing there are other people in the same situation. My family are being fantastic and are supporting us whilst I'm off work as I don't get sick pay. I'm not sure what is going to happen but it's so sad as my baby itself is so healthy and correct size. I have another scan on Friday so will see where things are. The early pregnant unit don't want me going to my usual 12 weeks in case something is wrong :(
That's my story so far. J x

Hi missjj28! Sorry you have to join us but glad to have you! If it helps, from what I have read, it seems that small clots have a very good chance of healing by 2nd tri.

Hi goodluckbear, it's nice to be somewhere where people understand. I'm hoping for the best on Friday in the mean time I'm not leaving my bed except for the toilet. Im rather confused though as I've hardly had any bleeding since te scan last Friday. Very very small amounts in discharge. So not sure what's going on.
I wish you all the luck lets try and get to the second trimester together :)
Best wishes
J xx

No bleeding is definitely good. When is your next scan?

I'm quite sure my large clot is still actively bleeding. I feel all this gushes but nothing on my pad and light pink spotting when I wipe. Got a sinking feeling that it is pooling again. Not sure if I should just get up and let it all bleed out... Don't quite have the guts to do that yet...

Not sure I would have the guts to let it just bleed out too. My next scan is Friday at 9.10 so will find out If anything has changed then.

I wasn't sure if the no bleedig is good or bad as it could mean it's just getting bigger and not coming out?

Are you still in hospital?

J x

Yeah, still at the hospital. I don't dare to get discharged while this thing is still active. I feel like a volcano, fx things stabilize.

I was told that no bleeding is good. Are you feeling cranky? If not, there's a good chance it's getting better. I am crampy so I know that the uterus is still irritated by the active bleeding. Bleh.

I really hope it works out when is your next scan? It's good your in hospital where they can keep monitoring you.
I'm not cramping either can only keep my fingers crossed.

J xx

Welcome JJ-I hope we can all offer each other support through our pregnancies.

Goodluckbear-how are you holding up? Still in the hospital? I hope to hear that everything is getting better for you.

I am 10w3d today. At least calculating from lmp.

We did another scan today. The clot seemed smaller from the last scan 4 days ago. Previously, it was a crescent that was about 8cm x 3cm x 1cm. Today, it appears to be 6cm x 1cm x 1cm. I suppose that huge mucous thing yesterday may really have been some of it coming out? Also, the clot is directly above the cervix at the opposite end of the placenta. I was told that means that if I start to stand, gravity will pull it out and I will bleed. So more bed rest for me.

I feel slightly better knowing that it's not massive as I originally thought it was. And I started bleeding brown today. I'm staying here a little longer as the dr thinks it is better that way.

That is amazing news, Goodluckbear!!! I can't believe it got that much smaller in such a short amount of time. I have a good feeling about your outcome:happydance:

That is such good news :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated. Do you knowwhen your next scan is? Only 2 more days of resting for me then get to see what's happening. X

I am going in for another scan on Friday, too. I will be 9+1 weeks. I hope that we can both report back with some good news!

Scan day tomorrow so nervous 1 more day of rest. Going to have a Harry Potter film day. It's now been 5 days of no bleeding bit concerned as not sure the sch will have gone down at all.
Good luck for your scan Saucy I hope we can both come back and report good news :) I'm now 11 weeks and 4 days.
Love and prayers to everyone
J xx

Hi I wonder if I can join here st my scan 2 weeks ago there was notes in my file from st Mary's hospital that a trace of a sch was present this week I went for a scan on Monday at my local hospital they said there was small pockets of blood come thus I had a small spotting episode of brown it was very little so I took myself to get checked oi and everything was fine I'm also on blood thinners for aps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->