Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi ladies...

Just a question, has anyone's sch shrunk and then got bigger out of nowhere? Or has it slowly gotten smaller and the body absorbed it? I'm just worried about my sch getting bigger out of nowhere what are the odds?

Thanks ladies :hugs:

My SCH started at 3cm at 10 weeks, grew to 6 cm at 12 weeks, then 9cm at 14 weeks and has stayed at 9cm for 6 weeks now.

My SCH started at 3cm at 10 weeks, grew to 6 cm at 12 weeks, then 9cm at 14 weeks and has stayed at 9cm for 6 weeks now.

That's reassuring to know an it's great it's gone down and stayed that way. So your 20 weeks? How are you feeling?

Sorry, I meant stayed at 9cm for 8 weeks now. I am 22 weeks along. I feel fine! I occasionally get cramps if I move too much, but other than that I feel normal. Have another u/s in 3 weeks, as always, am anxious to see what is going on!

Hey ladies, just updating to let you know I have my next ultrasound this coming Friday (29th) I haven't had any more red bleeding in a very long time, almost 3 weeks, i've had some discharge some ranges from white to a nasty brownish color, yuck! lol I had a vanishing twin i posted a pic of my ultrasound a couple pages back, the 2nd baby was still in there but had no heartbeat :( im currently 10+4 and i just have a feeling everything will be okay! forgot who posted about how do you go day to day in dear of losing your baby, I dont let the thought get to me though i know its very possible! my SCH is really close to my healthy baby's sac, I had a lot of compilation's with my daughter (she's almost 9 months) and I ended up being induced at 41 weeks with her, so i have high hopes that this one will have the same outcome though this time its much harder and scarier, i wish all of you the best of luck and ill update again on Friday! btw my SCH was 6cmx4cm

Thanks for responding. Good luck tomorrow!

The doctor did say my hemorrhage looks a lot more contained even though it is still "huge" (they keep referring to it as that! wouldn't be my choice of words to use with a patient!). He told me he thought I was going to miscarry when he saw me 6 weeks ago due to the size of my hemorrhage, but that I haven't and that my baby is still progressing on track this is a good sign.

I hate that I feel fine, but just can't do anything. The waiting is killing me!

Thank you :)

Can't believe they are calling your SCH huge thats so nasty, maybe you should say to him not to call it huge? or complain? cuz scaring you isn't going to help the situation at all. My midwife said my SCH was a substantial size when mine was 9cm :s which is still scary but not as bad as huge.

Well my SCH is also still there which is horrible, its right next to the placenta and looks really big going round the sack, i have a photo i will upload to show u.
BUT its has got smaller or maybe just squashed as the baby is getting bigger it has gone from 9cm down to 6cm.
The midwife said theres still a big chance i'll bleed again and that totally scares the hell out of me.
I have another scan on the 17th april which seems like forever away but if i bleed or anything they will book me one sooner :)
Will put photos up when i find my memory card. :flower:

OK so here are my 15 weeks scan pics, on 1 i have drawn around the SCH in red and the placenta in green so you can see better.

Does anyone else have a SCH like this so close to the placenta???
:flower:

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 26
Mine is in just about the same position as yours. I will get one of my u/s photos and upload it in a bit to show you.

Mine is in just about the same position as yours. I will get one of my u/s photos and upload it in a bit to show you.

so scary it being so close to the placenta isn't it, i really hope i make it as far as you, im sure i will but theres always that horrible doubt x

Bubs3 due oct & Heather49 -

My Haemorrhage fluctuates in size here and there (between 5cm and 8cm across three scans between wk13 & wk17) but they say it's 'no significant change' because I think from scan to scan and sono tech to sono tech the measurements are going to be a little different and are never perfect. I've bled on and off for a month and I cramp at times too and it's very scary but bub is growing fine. They say the clot os opposite side to placenta which is good but that the clot looks quite 'dried up' and old blood so it's just 'stable' I guess. I just bleed and cramp if i aggravate it in some way.

Now I am told I have normal-low amniotic fluid... had anyone else had this WITHOUT having a leak at all? I am wondering if perhaps I am just dehydrated? Hopefully water and more couch rest will help?

Well I started getting some brown tinged cm 2 days ago and it went a bit redder yesterday. I saw a doctor and they've arranged for me to have an ultrasound on Monday to check what's going on, but they basically said they're nothing they can do anyway...

I haven't had anymore today, so i'm hoping that's a good sign!

Wow I'm so happy I found this group! I was told 9 days ago that I had a large hematoma and that it would bleed out. I keep bleeding on and off, red blood turns brown, and then it starts all over again. I keep checking my bub with my doppler to make sure he's alright. How long does it take for a big hematoma to bleed out? Does it refill itself? It sure feels like it. The red blood comes in gushes, sometimes twice a day. I notice I bleed when I eat a large meal or feel bloated. After 4 ultrasounds, my doctor said it was fine for me to return to work. I'm still really nervous about all that bleeding. I just HATE seeing blood :( I go all shaky every time.

Am I the only one bleeding so often?

HI Dana,
Sorry to hear that you have to deal with this issue. My wife had to deal with this. She had a major bleed at around 11w. We went to the ER where they could not tetll us what was causing the bleed. The next day, we called our OB and went for an ultrasound. They found the SCH and it was about 4 CM. They also found she had placenta previa. They put my wife on pelvic rest. No sex, no work outs, no lifting anything over 5#'s. While she did not have any red bleeding, she kepts getting brown old blood spotting for over 3 weeks. Two weeks after that we went for another scan and found out the SCH got bigger to 7cm. Again, we were told to stick with the pelvic rest and everything we have been doing and drink lots and lots and lots of water. We had a minor bleeding episode that was not bad. few days after that, we went for another scan and found out the SCH was gone and the placenta previa was resolved.
The most important thing for sure is to listen your doctor's instruction, rest as much as you can and drink as much water as you can. Good luck

Well I started getting some brown tinged cm 2 days ago and it went a bit redder yesterday. I saw a doctor and they've arranged for me to have an ultrasound on Monday to check what's going on, but they basically said they're nothing they can do anyway...

I haven't had anymore today, so i'm hoping that's a good sign!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow hope everything is ok x x x

Dana- It seems everyones SCH are vaguely different, i've read about women bleeding red constantly for months and still having a healthy full term baby and some women dont have much blood yet lose the baby.
I really hope this is just your bodys way of healing itself x x x

Was diagnosed with a small hematoma around 6.9 weeks (about 2cm). So initially I said, that's great... small is good.
But I have been spotting since 5 weeks and I am now 9 weeks and the spotting comes and goes and while I try to be positive, it's really tough at times when you see pink on the toilet paper.

I was hoping that if it's a small hematoma, it would have bled out by now? :(
If we have intercourse, the pink comes back... so I try my best to refrain from that, but it's challenging, because I miss my husband.

Trying to stay positive. *sigh*

Was diagnosed with a small hematoma around 6.9 weeks (about 2cm). So initially I said, that's great... small is good.
But I have been spotting since 5 weeks and I am now 9 weeks and the spotting comes and goes and while I try to be positive, it's really tough at times when you see pink on the toilet paper.

I was hoping that if it's a small hematoma, it would have bled out by now? :(
If we have intercourse, the pink comes back... so I try my best to refrain from that, but it's challenging, because I miss my husband.

Trying to stay positive. *sigh*

Just so you know, sex is usually a big no no when you have an SCH as it can cause the SCH to grow even orgasums are a no no.

Do you know when your next scan is? I hope the SCH has got smaller or maybe even gone all together :hugs: goodluck x x x

I second what Babyblue said, please refrain from having sex until your SCH is gone. The more you having sex, the more you are doing damage. Please check with your OB and follow his/her instructions. We did for sure and now, we are SCH free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->