Second Hand Clothing - Opinions!!

99% of what we have is new but a few messy play clothes I got from a local second hand children's shop, I don't think there is anything wrong with second hand although I think some people should follow some etiquette as I read often about people given clothes that ripped/stained by friends and family and then feel awkward! I think good quality clothes are fine :flower:

personally i'd rather have some really good quality second hand than some crappy brand new clothes..
i nearly always get comments on how immaculate annie looks and that.. but her wardrobe, is all gap, monsoon, next, emile et rose and that, which is really dear new..
not that i'm a chav or anything, just like good qulaity clothes, but i spend less on her clothes, than they cost in asda ;) x

Most of Kailees stuff is second hand. That is mainly because I get so much of it from others. Like garbage bags full, and also I buy used from shops or people selling. I don't mind because shes to little to understand and once its washed its not dirty, and almost everything has little to no stains or anything. I buy her clothes new still depending but I hate seeing stuff i pay more for get messy second hand stuff i hardly mind getting stained because its not like i just put out a bunch for that outfit.

you are soo lucky!! lol let me know if anyone wants to get rid of any 2t and up toddler boy clothes :xmas13: I will gladly take it off their hands :haha:

btw are you going to the college christmas party on the 3rd?

nope so far just my sister trying to give me all her newborn-12 months saying it must be a boy but i dont want anything yet till i find out :dohh: honestly i find most on kijiji sometimes you can get the odd like $30 for this whole bag deal lol and most is good from what i have got i do it at least once each time she outgrows a ton of clothing. And i don't think so as i completly forgot till you just mentioned it :nope: wish i remembered now though :(

Most of Kailees stuff is second hand. That is mainly because I get so much of it from others. Like garbage bags full, and also I buy used from shops or people selling. I don't mind because shes to little to understand and once its washed its not dirty, and almost everything has little to no stains or anything. I buy her clothes new still depending but I hate seeing stuff i pay more for get messy second hand stuff i hardly mind getting stained because its not like i just put out a bunch for that outfit.

you are soo lucky!! lol let me know if anyone wants to get rid of any 2t and up toddler boy clothes :xmas13: I will gladly take it off their hands :haha:

btw are you going to the college christmas party on the 3rd?

nope so far just my sister trying to give me all her newborn-12 months saying it must be a boy but i dont want anything yet till i find out :dohh: honestly i find most on kijiji sometimes you can get the odd like $30 for this whole bag deal lol and most is good from what i have got i do it at least once each time she outgrows a ton of clothing. And i don't think so as i completly forgot till you just mentioned it :nope: wish i remembered now though :(

you or your OH could probs still sign up or could try..

I have a feeling you are having another girl :haha:

my mom keeps telling me that lol.. when we told OH family his dad went on forever thinking it was gonna be a boy, i can't wait i hopefully find out jan 4

Hahaha well I think its pretty silly to go and buy a baby all brand new clothes that they are just going to grow out of in a few months.

At walmart a sleeper or 2 piece outfit costs about $12 - $15..
But I can go to a gently used store (once upon a child) and get the same stuff (some even with the tags still on it) for $2 an outfit.

I dont have anything against second hand clothing, I would rather buy 50 outfits for $100 then 5-10 for $100 seems silly to me :)

Yeah, Falko has already outgrown all his newborn stuff. Cannot imagine the amount of money I would have wasted if I bought all new. I would rather spend that money on quality carriers and fun stuff for the family.

Hahaha well I think its pretty silly to go and buy a baby all brand new clothes that they are just going to grow out of in a few months.

But I can go to a gently used store (once upon a child) and get the same stuff (some even with the tags still on it) for $2 an outfit.

I dont have anything against second hand clothing, I would rather buy 50 outfits for $100 then 5-10 for $100 seems silly to me :)

Or at my favorite thrift shop 200 outfits for $100. xD

Or at my favorite thrift shop 200 outfits for $100. xD

thats so aweome!

I second hard shop alot
Single-ish mum and I cant spend alot on clothes.
My best Friend has a baby girl that is 3 months older then Lyrik so I got alot for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->