Sending a baby card

Princesa777

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I basically have one question. In the country where I live it's very normal to send a baby announcement card when your baby is born to everyone you know (I dont know if this is a custom everywhere?) On the card is usually a little rhyme.
Me and my partner are from different countries, the card is going to be in my language, but because we have friends all over the world we would like to put a little rhyme either in English or Spanish.
I tried to google for example in English/spanish, but I cant find the right google term.

We are going to put on the card (in my language) (loose translation): in mommy's stomach it was a miracle, in daddy's arms it's so special.
But in my language it rhymes and sounds better :p

Im looking for a rhyme similiar to this (doesnt have to be exactly the same, but the same line of thought) in English or Spanish, that rhymes and is 2 to 4 lines. Does anyone have any ideas?

I think it sounds fine but maybe not "stomach" as that isn't really where the baby grows.

In mommys belly I grew, it daddys arms I thrive.

Oh lol, I mean belly then :blush:

I'm not necessarily looking for a literal translation of the text, but just an idea of what Im looking for. I can't find any examples in English, I tried looking on birth poems, newborn rhymes etc. But then I either get long poems, nursery rhymes or little rhymes to put on a card to congratulate someone with their baby.

Other ones I like (and again, they rhyme and flow in my language, but my English is not good enough to convert it into a good flowing rhyme. But this is the kind of thing im looking for, but then just in poem form.

Far travels are amazing
But who ever thought
The biggest miracle of all
is just waiting at home

And

There will be hands to carry you
and arms where u are safe
and people who will tell u without asking
how welcome you are

And

The sea whispers your name softly
You can hear it in the waves
The sun rises shining
Because you are born

We never sent announcement cards, just thank you cards as we were inundated with gifts. I just texted everyone when she was born and then facebooked a picture of her so that family and friends knew she had arrived. x

Yes, I was starting to realize already that maybe its not very common in other countries. Here it is though, so we are definitely going to do it.
But u r saying just your own language is enough, since it is not normal for other countries to send this anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->