September IUI's!

Good luck Raelynn, hope those follies grow!

Welcome FutureBabyG, Good luck on your appt tomorrow and on your IUI!!

I am going in on Friday to see how my follies look, I suspect based on the last few cycles that I am triggering Friday for Saturday IUI but we will see....

Question, do any of you drink during the 2WW? I am conflicted on what to do. Not this weekend but next weekend I was invited to a girls night out so I was wondering if its harmful to have a glass of wine in the middle of the 2WW...

Good luck Raelynn, hope those follies grow!

Welcome FutureBabyG, Good luck on your appt tomorrow and on your IUI!!

I am going in on Friday to see how my follies look, I suspect based on the last few cycles that I am triggering Friday for Saturday IUI but we will see....

Question, do any of you drink during the 2WW? I am conflicted on what to do. Not this weekend but next weekend I was invited to a girls night out so I was wondering if its harmful to have a glass of wine in the middle of the 2WW...

Thank you. I don't drink very often so it's easy for me to play off not drinking when out with friends. I don't personally drink during ttc. Sorry I am not much help.

Hi all,

I'm on my 5th round of clomid 100mg, which seems to be working. This month I had a trigger shot followed by an IUI.

I am due in a few days and the months of disappointment have gotten to me and it's difficult to stay positive.

My doctor says that the next round of clomid will be my last and I will have to wait 6 months before I can go back on it - I asked if there was anything else I could do but he didn't suggest anything.

I just hope it's worked this month.

Hello to all! My dh and I are currently on our first IUI journey. We have been ttc for two years and had no luck. We were both sent to an RE and both have fertility issues. Dh and I wanted to try iui. The RE had suggested clomid day 3-5, with observation and Ovidrel trigger shot. Had ultrasound on cd 12, RE said that I have three follicles, but not quite big enough. Told to come back cd 14 (tomorrow)for another ultrasound and blood work. Hopefully we will get the go ahead for the shot and be able to do our procedure Friday or Saturday. Super excited and praying this works! Good luck to everyone on their ttc journey! Postivie vibes :flower:

Hey ladies!

Welcome Unbroken and finger crossed for your scan tomorrow!! :)

My cd 10 scan yesterday went well. :happydance:
There was one nice follicle of 13mm on the left. My lining was up to 10,5mm with which my RE was very happy. :)
She told me to trigger on sunday and come for the IUI on monday. I initially had an appointment for the afternoon. But back home, I got really really nervous that I might ovulate before. Unfortunately the clinic isn't open on weekends so the only thing, I could do was move the appointment to early monday morning.
The lady on the phone said that my doc would be able to see from the bloodwork yesterday if I would ovulate earlier than that and in that case they would call me.
I'm having a hard time, trusting them, I must admit. Last (and first) time on clomid in february, I ovulated on cd 14. But the follicle was 19mm on cd 13 then.
I've googled of course and found only inconclusive information on follicle growth. 1-3mm a day. Well with 1 mm and then 2mm from trigger shot, I'd be perfectly fine. If it's more... we might miss the timing.

I guess, I'm just panicking. Because we're not allowed to BD starting tomorrow, there wouldn't even be a natural chance if I ovulated during the weekend.

Argh, so I guess, I gotta trust the bloodwork...

Juu - I understand how you feel since we missed ovulation on my first cycle. If it helps, I didn't ovulate last cycle until my follicle was 24mm. I was so nervous we'd miss it I had them checking every day. My doctor just kept telling me I had to be patient and it was still growing. The blood should help too because they can tell by your estradiol level how close you are to ovulating. It is hard to trust sometimes when things are out of our hands but they are the experts so they know what they're doing. Good luck!

Just popping in to say welcome to all the new "faces" and best of luck to us all this month

ld276 i hope you get a BFP soon!

unbroken- fingers crossed that your follies are big enough tomorrow! we seem to be almost on the same schedule.

Juu- can you BD saturday night at least? if you go in on monday and they trigger you, your IUI wouldn't be until Tuesday the earliest, right? So I think that would be enough time in between but keep your bases covered.

I wanted to update on myself- I went in this morning for CD 11 monitoring. I had a 24.5mm follie and then a 17mm, and a few other smaller follies ranging from 11-15mm. The nurse said she wanted me to come back tomorrow because she fears that the 24.5mm is too big to trigger, so she wants the other ones to catch up. I asked them to text the doctor that I usually see since he was in another office today, because I trust his advice. They said they would get back to me. I am worried that I may ovulate that big follie soon. When I go in tomorrow if the follies are still there, I am going to ask for the trigger anyway because then my IUI would be on Sunday and I prefer to have my IUI done on the weekend since its hard for me to get to work with IUI's during the week. Ugh just so frustrating that i have to go back tomorrow, I would have rather triggered today! In fact I think I got pregnant with my DS 2 years ago when I triggered with a 25mm and 19mm follie so I don't know for sure if the 24.5 is "too big". Well I will keep you all posted!!

Raelynn, thank you! Yes, it's incredibly hard for me to let things out of my control. It irritates me to no end. :blush:

I went in today and blood levels were still good. So no ovulation today or tomorrow. Which still leaves sunday.

I could have come in and have gotten some expensive shots to postpone ovulation but that seemed kind of too big of an investment for something that might work out anyway. And our insurance doesn't cover anything as of now so we have to watch the money a bit... :/

The plan ist now, that I do OPKs and if the turn positive tomorrow, do some BDing tomorrow night. If the don't turn positive, then we'll stick to the original plan of no BDing until the IUI monday morning.

Lusterleaf, I am to trigger on my own at 1:30 am on sunday morning for the IUI monday 9:30am. So at least there isn't another day in between.

I'll go in at 8 am with my boyfriend and while he gives the sample, they'll do an u/s to see if the follicle is still there. If it's gone too long ago, we at least won't have to pay for the sperm washing and everything if we cancel the IUI.

So yeah, that's the plan as of now. I'm just praying that I don't ovulate this weekend but we'll see.

hello, just popping in to wish every good luck with their cycles :) i am 10dpiui now and getting nervous about testing day. ahhhhh!!!!!!

best of luck to us all :)

hello, just popping in to wish every good luck with their cycles :) i am 10dpiui now and getting nervous about testing day. ahhhhh!!!!!!

Good luck.. how have you held back testing out the trigger? I applaud you for self control. I am only 3 dpiui and I want to test out the trigger. I haven't yet but I will.

Good luck juu and jaan!!

I went back in yesterday morning and I had a 25mm, 18, and 16.5mm follicle. The rest were all small. The nurses told me I should wait another day to trigger but I told them that I prefer to do the iui on a weekend. So I triggered yesterday and had the iui this morning about 26 hours later, so now I'm officially in the 2ww. Fingers crossed that this one works!! It's funny, I saw a medium last month who told me that she saw me pregnant soon with a June due date, let's hope she is right!

Good luck juu and jaan!!

I went back in yesterday morning and I had a 25mm, 18, and 16.5mm follicle. The rest were all small. The nurses told me I should wait another day to trigger but I told them that I prefer to do the iui on a weekend. So I triggered yesterday and had the iui this morning about 26 hours later, so now I'm officially in the 2ww. Fingers crossed that this one works!! It's funny, I saw a medium last month who told me that she saw me pregnant soon with a June due date, let's hope she is right!

Did your doctor tell you why they have you do iui 24 hours after the trigger vs 36 hours? I am just curious because mine did too.

Good luck.. how have you held back testing out the trigger? I applaud you for self control. I am only 3 dpiui and I want to test out the trigger. I haven't yet but I will.

Hello - good luck to you on this cycle!
i haven't held back on testing, but i wish i did!! haha. I tried testing a few days ago and got a faint BFP but I didn't test out the trigger so I was a bit confused if it was just the trigger or the start of a BFP. Tested the day after and the second line was lighter so I knew it was just the trigger. :nope: confused myself and stressed myself for no reason! my doctor told me to wait until 15dpIUI to test but I tried 9/10dpiui.
I'm going to do my best to wait a few more days to test again, if I can!

When did you all trigger and then do IUI, I'm curious to know and learn about this.

Sept 2nd 2.30 PM TRIGGER
Sept 3rd 2 PM IUI Round 1
Sept 4th 1PM IUI Round 2

So technically my first round of IUI was 24 hours after trigger, then the second round was about 46 hours after trigger.

Hi FutureBabyG & Jaan- My doctor's office only does 1 IUI, and usually it is 24 hours after trigger (they trigger me in the office and I go in the next day), but i have had a few IUI's that were 36 hours after trigger, in those cases I did not have the trigger with me so, they ordered me the trigger, I triggered that night for IUI 2 mornings later. I have had BFN's with both so I don't really know which one is better. I even asked my doctor about this and he said there was no difference.

I will say that when I got pregnant with my son, my IUI was done around 27 hours after trigger. The one I had yesterday, was done 26 hours after trigger. I did feel cramps last night though, which makes me think that I ovulated 36 hours after trigger, so I'm just hoping some of the sperm were still alive from the IUI that morning.

I am going to try and hold off until 12dpiui to test since I noticed I was still getting faint BFP's on wondfo's last month up until 10dpiui. ugh the 2ww is the worst!

Hey everyone - looks like I'm planning for a late Sept iui. Just took my first dose of Clomid. Fx for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->