September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Thanks MnG. I'm unsure if you can get shingles without having had chicken pox.

My doctor has referred to me hospital to get a blood test done to see if I'm immune to chickenpox.

I've just got here and the queue in the pathology lab is quite big so it looks like I'll be here a while. They said the results should be back in 2 days and if I am immune then I shouldn't catch it.

But if I'm not immune then they will give me the chickenpox vaccine to hopefully stop me getting it, however it's not 100% effective so if I do still get it after having had the vaccine then the vaccine should at least reduce the symptoms and it hopefully be less severe.

So it's just a waiting game now.

Xx

Hope things turn out okay for you Bing and you are immune!!

My valentine's day was okay, the hubby was working at our other house all weekend, so didn't really see him. Can't complain as things need to get done so we can move soon. But, the dog was quite a fun vday date lol

We told the in-laws yesterday and they are very excited :happydance:

How is everyone doing?

Have you been able to confirm that your niece definitely has cp? I only ask because my daughter broke out in a rash right after a week of running a fever and being sick. Her doctor told me that kids sometimes get a rash at the end of a virus which is a sign that the virus is ending. I am hoping for the best for you. Keep us posted.

:hugs: Bing. Praying that line moves fast! Waiting for results like that is the worst.

I still have that sour/queasy belly feeling. I'm eating bland carbs and trying to eat fruit as best I can. I called off today bc i just couldn't stomach running around the floor with no help.
Oh! First US in 3 days! :yipee:

Bing I am praying you do not get the cp that is very scary. I have always heard it was worse to get them while being an adult. Keeping my fx for you.

MnG I bet you are super excited post pics please. ;)

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know if I'm immune or not once I get the blood results back in 2 days time.

Eclaire - yes my sister had doctor confirm this morning that it's chicken pox. :(

I'm glad everyone had a lovely valentines day! I did really want to see 50 shades of Grey and was going to go and see it with some girlfriends this week but I have heard terrible reviews of the film so may just wait until it comes out on DVD now to watch it.

Babifever - I've read the books and in my opinion the books are always better than the films. I guess it's hard to fit everything from the films into 2 hours.

Jordypotpie - I thought that with twilight too! Loved the books but definately poignant parts were missing from the films.

MnG - I had that icky feeling for the whole of week 6. Then each week it got progressively worse, where now it is proper nausea. I found bland carbs were best for me too. I'm so excited for your scan. :happydance: make sure you post a picture.

Mommasboys - my next scan is booked for 9th March so I will see my little bean again then. When is your next scan to see both your little beans? Has it sunk in your having twins yet? I hope the sickness isn't too bad.

Orion - I'm glad you have not got your voice back.

Nori - I'm glad your dr visit went well and you heard a heartbeat. Your blanket idea to tell your mum is lovely. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. We told our family at the weekend and they were all super excited. My mum said she was never going to eat the chocolate we bought her :haha:

Bing.. you're on the right track waiting for 50 Shades to come out. it wasn't horrible but it just wasn't what i hoped :/

Hopefully all will be good bing......im getting excited now as im only 3.5 weeks away from being in the clear for the first tri. I cant believe a month has already past since i first found out. I havent heen having too many symptoms and so far no ms. So baby and my body are being nice to me so far.

Just a quick update - my doctor rang and as I thought, I am not immune to chickenpox. I am having the vaccination done today however she also said that it is only 50% effective. Fingers crossed I'm in the lucky 50% for once...the next 2 and half weeks wait to find out is going to be hard! :cry:

Mommasboys - my next scan is booked for 9th March so I will see my little bean again then. When is your next scan to see both your little beans? Has it sunk in your having twins yet? I hope the sickness isn't too bad.

Orion - I'm glad you have not got your voice back.

Nori - I'm glad your dr visit went well and you heard a heartbeat. Your blanket idea to tell your mum is lovely. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. We told our family at the weekend and they were all super excited. My mum said she was never going to eat the chocolate we bought her :haha:

I go tomorrow for another scan at my regular doctor then it is on to the high risk doctor from now on. I always get super worried when I go in for a scan. I am always expecting the worse possible situation. It is sinking in a little more that it is twins, but I am not as excited as everyone else. To me it is just even more to worry and wonder about. This ms is going to be the death of me it is awful. Oh and not to mention the extremely sore boobs have finally kicked in. But I keep telling myself this is all good signs. :winkwink:

I'm so sorry about your test results I have my fx all goes well for you! Are you super excited about your scan coming up? :happydance:

I'm so sorry about the results bing. It is normal in Canada, or atleast the part I live in,for you to get the vaccine if you haven't had chicken pox by I think it's grade 5. I have never had it either, but I have had the vaccine and I am immune.

I go tomorrow for another scan at my regular doctor then it is on to the high risk doctor from now on. I always get super worried when I go in for a scan. I am always expecting the worse possible situation. It is sinking in a little more that it is twins, but I am not as excited as everyone else. To me it is just even more to worry and wonder about. This ms is going to be the death of me it is awful. Oh and not to mention the extremely sore boobs have finally kicked in. But I keep telling myself this is all good signs. :winkwink:

I'm so sorry about your test results I have my fx all goes well for you! Are you super excited about your scan coming up? :happydance:

How did your scan go?

I was feeling excited about mine but now I'm feeling quite nervous after everything that has happened. :(

Xx

I'm so sorry about the results bing. It is normal in Canada, or atleast the part I live in,for you to get the vaccine if you haven't had chicken pox by I think it's grade 5. I have never had it either, but I have had the vaccine and I am immune.

It's a shame we don't have the same system in the UK. :(

Bing I am wishing you the absolute best of luck! I will be praying for you and your bean through all of this. So sorry you have to deal with added stress

How did your scan go?

I was feeling excited about mine but now I'm feeling quite nervous after everything that has happened. :(

Xx

I have a good feeling everything is going to be just fine but I am still praying for you!

Afm I just left the doctors office and the babies are measuring 7 weeks 5 days today so closer to what they should be measuring compared to last week. I could see their little chest just fluttering away and they are definitely sharing a sac. Their tails are almost completely gone and their little legs and arms were just to precious. Hoping to see the high risk doctor next week who has better equipment so that we can see them better.

So happy to hear the good news mommas!

Afm, spent 3 hours at urgent care with my dd last night. She fell off the counter onto a tile floor and hit her head and shoulder. She was crying so long we thought she might have broke something. Xrays came back negative but she has been crying and shouting ouch all day. She screams when I lay her down to change her diaper and I have to be very cautious how I pick her up. I hope she is feeling better in the morning, because i don't know if I can go through a repeat of today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->