September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Hubby is slowly on the mend...at our swim meet we do races such as freestyle, backstroke, breast stroke and butterfly. We are in our local special olympics competitive swim group. So lucky for me all our competitions are just about over before i grow too much :) Then i will be taking a year off of competing while hubby will still compete to try to go to provincials and then hopefully onto nationals and one day worlds. I went to worlds back in 2007 for rhythmic gymnastics. So we are hoping our LO is just as competitive and loves sports like we do :)

Wishing you guys both the best of luck with your swimming meets! How did your appointment today go??

How is everyone doing?

Orion how did your doctors appointment go today?

So I have a question for you ladies. Have any of you consider ccloth diapers? I am seriously considering it given all the cost of disposables especially with two babies. Any thoughts from you ladies on pros and cons?

Apt went good...dr said all blood tests came back great and im as healthy as a horse lol. And here i was worried that i may have health issues due to being overweight when i got preggers. Nope clean bill of health. Lost a little weight most likely due to being sick before, but wasnt a concern to the dr since i am at a higher weight starting off. Wont be having my first scan until 18-20 weeks. A little disappointing, however it just means its going to be an even greater joy on the first scan since i will see baby quite nicely by then. Going to order a doppler so i can hear the heartbeat as we didnt do it today. But the dr is going to get me to do the glucose test a little sooner than 28 weeks since gestational diabetes runs in the family. Mom had it with all three of us kids. Otherwise everything was good. Im amazed at how smooth this first pregnancy has been for me. So far not an ounce concerned on how its going. Hoping since its going so smoothly that this ends up being a girl lol :)

How is everyone doing?

So I have a question for you ladies. Have any of you consider ccloth diapers? I am seriously considering it given all the cost of disposables especially with two babies. Any thoughts from you ladies on pros and cons?

Im thinking of doing half and half and just doing cloth while at home but im not sure. The only reason im thinking about doing cloth is because we rent and garbage days are only every two weeks and we share garbage with our landlords. And we make enough garbage as it is lol. The only con is the amount of laundry that you have to do lol

How is everyone doing?

I'm an NCT trained cloth nappy advisor. Direct any questions this way!!!

I love cloth nappies. Always have. Then again I'm NCT through and through!

I have used cloth diapers all the way through with my dd and I love them! I would rather deal with the laundry every few days than have to continually buy disposable diapers. Plus it feels so much better not to have my kid covered in chemicals. Oh, and they are really cute. I recommend them all the time.

I am seriously considering do cloth full time. I have actually ordered some gender neutral prints already. Going to start working on my stash early. Any recommendations on brands? So far I'm really liking Alva Baby snaps with pocket insterts. From what I have read they seem to have really good reviews. Any suggestions on any other brands to give a try?

I just ordered my fetal doppler off ebay :) I should get it by march 3rd. Cant wait to be able to hear babies heartbeat.

My brand of choice is blueberry. (They used to be swaddlebees.) Personally I like the Simplex style which is an all in one pocket diaper. They wash well, are very absorbent and leak less than other brands I have tried. Also in general I would recommend avoiding any Velcro closure diapers. The Velcro just doesn't hold up well with all of the washing. You can get some on Amazon.

Hi Ladies! I'd like to join in if there's still room. I'm due Oct 8, but will likely have a scheduled c-section late September. First time pregnancy here (age 36), so trying to stay positive and not let the horror stories on B&B get me down. =)

What's going on ladies? How are we all feeling?

I'm having some pretty bad back pack that Ive called my OB twice about it. Its impeding on my sleep and work. They keep telling me it's too early to have any pain... wtf.. I'm obviously not lying about it. Its so bad I've been walking with a limp :cry:
I've tried everything I can think of and nothing is helping. The OB only referred me to my own doc. .. what the hell is she gonna do?!

Hope everyone else is feeling better than me!

Welcome Dandi! :wave:

Welcome dandi!

I am having a horrible go of things the last few days. I am so tired and sensitive. I can't find much of anything to eat that doesn't taste gross with the exception of breakfast sausage, which my husband has been teasing me for eating. Which of course brings me to tears. I have cried more this last week than I did during my entire pregnancy with my daughter. And speaking of my daughter she is so clingy and temperamental that I am going insane. I just wish my husband would come home from work early and make dinner and take care of the kid while I relax in the tub.

How is everyone else? Mng, your little bean is cute.

Thanks! Looks just like me, doesn't it ;) :haha:

How old is your daughter? Any chance for a fun quiet DIY activity that you can get some "me time" in?
I can totally relate on the tears! I had to fight some back because there is no lemonade in the house (we never have any either so i know im being totally irritational lol)

She is almost 18 months. My husband thinks the only reason she is being difficult is because she is teething. I know her well enough to know that isn't the reason for her needy behavior.

Your other children can get really clingy because they sense that there is something different about you. That's what was happening with my son anyway.

Jandj has he relaxed by now? I just need to know there is an end date so I don't lose my mind.

Also do any of you feel you know the sex of your baby already?

I feel like it's a boy for some reason. I'll be perfectly pleased with either, I just have a feeling it's a boy.

I really want a boy and Ive nealy convinced myself it is but I'll be happy either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->