September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Oh wow so much to catch up on.

MnG when did you schedule your scan for?

Orion I think I would be going crazy waiting which is why we paid for a private scan to find out early lol.

Bing and Nori I couldn't wait until delivery to find out your patience is much stronger than mine lol.

Eclarie I'm glad to hear everything is still going good.

Afm the blood work was just routine to check for chromosomal defects and such. Little man decided to scare me and we couldn't find his heart beat so they had to do an ultrasound to make sure he was ok. He was peacefully sleeping on his tummy he just didn't feel like cooperating I guess. Other than that everything else seems to be going good.

Mommas- yeah its been hard having to wait. But the places that do private scans here cost $200 for gender etc and its just way too much for us as we are a lower income family. Also we dont want to get a scan before this one as it makes no sense to us. We are more than willing to wait. Hopefully our peanut decides to show off what they are. Im going to also drink a bit of orange juice just before the scan to hopefully have them show us.

Mommas- yeah its been hard having to wait. But the places that do private scans here cost $200 for gender etc and its just way too much for us as we are a lower income family. Also we dont want to get a scan before this one as it makes no sense to us. We are more than willing to wait. Hopefully our peanut decides to show off what they are. Im going to also drink a bit of orange juice just before the scan to hopefully have them show us.

Oh wow that would be out of our price range if it were that expensive here. It only cost us $45 or we would have had to wait until I was 24 weeks to find out at my anatomy scan.

Yeah its not all that cheap here. There is a cheaper package, but still would end up being over $100 but not with pictures etc. So we would rather wait and see if baby cooperates at the planned scan before we pay for a private. I would rather not have to spend so much if i dont have too. But on a good note, i plan on buying a copy of the pics from my next scan and see if i can still buy a cd of the pics back from my 12 week scan as i didnt know at the time you had to buy a cd. I miss seeing my little peanut, but its nice to hear him/her every few days on my doppler. Such a strong hb they have. Today i found the hb within 5 seconds of turning on the doppler lol. Cant believe im 18 weeks tomorrow :)

I am totally with you on the belly touching. I completely hate it!!! I never even rubbed my close friends belly. . Maybe once but I asked for permission. Hubby's parents came over Saturday and his mom practically rubbed my spleen raw she was rubbing so hard! Good thing I hard dark glasses on and she couldn't see the glare I have her :haha:
Its really irritating... im a very "this is my space bubble" person and when someone oversteps that I get super annoyed!
Sorry, rant over.... I haven't scheduled a scan yet as it was the weekend and most places were closed. I'll be calling my OB tomorrow and asking if it's possible to move it up at all. .. im also prepared to pull the emotional pregnancy card and cry if they say no :rofl:

Orion-200$ is outrageous!! I would just wait if that was our quote. Yuck!

It definitely is mng...part of the reason why its so expensive, is that the only local places that could tell you the gender during the scan are 3d/4d places. The other place is the one that i get my scans at and they arent allowed to tell. So yeah, we dont mind waiting lol.

Well its official. . My OB office said no top
an Rx four a gender scan. I really don't get it. .. if I'm paying out of pocket then what do they care what I do???

Nice mng...mine is two days after yours.

Wahoo!!! What are you excited for the most? I can not wait to see how big baby got and his/her face
Im just excited to see baby hopefully moving around lots and see how cute he or she is. I miss seeing my peanut. I just cant wait until this is all over, so i have them to myself everyday and can look at that sweet little face and that cute nose etc. So glad to be almost half way through.

Our anatomy scan is scheduled for may 5th. We aren't finding out that day though. It will be put in an envelope and we will do the reveal may 9th..gonna be hard making the wait. The store that is doing the balloons said to bring it and our box in after our appointment may 5th..that way we aren't tempted to peek into the envelope early. I absolutely can't wait to see how big my little darling has gotten. I feel them moving all the time. Active little one. <3

How is everyone doing?

I've only had a few people touch my belly..I get a little irritated but at the same time most are family and are insanely excited to have another baby to love on..the other was a close friend of my SO's and she wants a baby really bad..she has never been one for containing her excitement lol..I'm trying to just go with the flow..people have commented on my belly..I'm try and ignore the comments because I don't trust my hormones lol..no need for a preggo rage hah

Question for you ladies. .. how is everyone sleeping lately? I just read over in 2nd tri about how youre not really supposed to sleep on your back. I sleep with a pillow or the comfortor tucked under my hip for support. I've never really been a side sleeper (my left side gives me pain and I can only tolerate the right for a half hour at most).
Is it really unhealthy to sleep on my back as baby grows? Any other suggestions or insight?

Im a side and tummy sleeper...however i find i dont sleep on my tummy as long anymore. I never was a back sleeper due to my lower back condition. Im just glad i can still tummy sleep until its not comfortable anymore. Its funny as i was a tummy sleeper since i was a baby lol.

Orion- don't your arms fall asleep? I can never get comfy on my belly... either my neck gets sore or my arms start to fall asleep. Maybe theres a secret position I don't know about lol

MnG - I read your supposed to sleep on your left side as it helps the blood flow to the placenta. I always start on my left side but always wake up on my back in the middle of the night! :haha:

I remember reading something about the left side too. Unfortunately thats as rare as a blue moon for me because of the immense insta-pain I feel on that hip. :(

Orion- don't your arms fall asleep? I can never get comfy on my belly... either my neck gets sore or my arms start to fall asleep. Maybe theres a secret position I don't know about lol

Nope lol...Its always been the most comfortable position for me. But lately i just switch from side to side now and sometimes i go onto my tummy.

How's everyone feeling? Any exciting weekend plans for you ladies?

I am usually a tummy and side sleeper. But I haven't slept on my tummy for quite a while. I am now a full on side sleeper....it's too uncomfortable on my tummy now anyway. I have a body pillow on either side to put between my knees to help with the hip pain. That being said I still toss and turn about every couple of hours to switch from side to side to alleviate the achy hips/legs. It's just kinda the way things are for me, at least for now, so I am becoming used to it. Although my hubby enjoyed the couple days I was out of town for work this week because he could sleep through the night without me switching from side to side:wacko:

I am going with my sister in laws this weekend to continue work on the baby registry. They don't want us to register for things they have that we can use:thumbup:

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->