September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Jordy - In another thread I asked some ladies if they had gone into labour naturally even though they hadn't had any BHs or a show and a lot of them had so that's given me some hope things may progress soon! So try not to worry too much about not having any impending signs of labour! :)

Orion - I'm just worried the longer I go overdue the bigger baby I have to push out! :haha: How are you and your little one getting on?

I have a midwife appointment in a couple of hours so fingers crossed its good news and baby has fully engaged now!

Good luck at your appointment! Hopefully it happens for us both soon!

Good luck bing...i myself never had bh and just had the show about 12hrs prior to start of contractions. Me and the little one are doing great. He weighed the same as last week, so we had to up his formula. Im not producing much milk, so im trying the supplement route to see if that works. If not, then it looks like I will just be formula feeding, which isnt a bad thing but I prefer free over having to pay lol.

Bing and Jordy I so hope your lo decide to make their appearance soon. I did not have any show after being induced until about 5 hours into labor and I was already at 6 cm.

Orion I haven't ever tried them but apparently there are lactation cookies and stuff you can make that helps with your milk supply. I as for now am producing enough but man my nipples are sore and cracked. I have to fight through the pain every time he eats but hopefully that gets better soon.

Yeah ive got a suppliment that contains fenugreek and blessed thistle. Are you using lanolin cream on your nipples? That will help with the soreness and cracking.

Rylan at two weeks :)

Attachments

• 2015-09-18_13.23.40.jpg
    2015-09-18_13.23.40.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Bottle feeding and breast feeding together can sometimes lead to them preferring the bottle..quicker results for them..apparently breast feeding takes a few sucks for them to get milk whereas bottle is instant..

Definitely try nipple cream if you havent already..also bag balm is another good thing for cracked skin..but id put that on right after feedings and maybe wipe off before feeding again just because im sure neither taste great lol

Sorry for tmi but I totally just had the most awful bout of nausea and diarrhea..kind of hoping labor hits soon. I was going to try eating pineapple tonight but decided against it..be funny if my body goes into labor anyway. It is almost 3 am and I am super tired but now im almost afraid to sleep lol

Congrats mommas!

Jordy & Bing-I am sure your day is right around the corner-hoping everything goes smoothly for you both :)

breastfeeding question-has anyone dealt with cluster feedings?? it seems like there are days we go 6 hours with only a 10 or 20 min break here and there!!! He is having at least the recommended output of dirty/wet diapers per day and gained weight at his last dr visit.....from what I have read, there isn't much to do except get comfy and wait it out. Just wondering if anyone else is having this kind of experience? Also, I just started pumping and it seems I am only getting 2 oz for about 20 min of pumping....just curious if anyone knows if this should increase with time?:shrug:

Nori I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes he will eat for 30 mins take a 15 or 20 min break then want to eat again. I also think he is using my boobs as a pacifier sometimes bc even if he isn't eating he still wants it in his mouth all the time. :/

Yeah from what ive read, is its normal for cluster feedings. My boy has done it sometimes. But with the formula, he sometimes will feed every hour for a few feeds and then back to every 3 hours. As for the pumping amount i dont know. I havent been able to get nearly that amount yet.

So my midwife appt went okay on Friday. Baby has dropped a little bit more. Midwife sent me for a growth scan as my bump hadn't grown in the last 2 weeks and baby was fine and estimated weight was 7lb 5oz but I've heard they can get it wrong by 1lb either way. I have another appt today where they will do a stretch and sweep so fingers crossed that will get things moving. Hubby is getting impatient and bored now of baby staying put! I think he just wants his 2 weeks off work! :haha:

We dtd last night to try and get things moving a bit...but to no avail! :(

Jordy- how did it go with your friend and telling her you don't want anyone there straight after giving birth?

My mum rang me yesterday and mentioned again about staying over at ours on the sofa or floor for a couple of nights a few days after I have given birth. I turned round and told her no and explained we don't have the room and me and hubby want the time to bond with baby together on our own. We don't mind visitors but no one is staying over at ours. She ended up crying on phone saying she can't afford a hotel. I basically felt she was trying to guilt trip me into having her stay but I stuck to my grounds. She has gone in a bit of a mood with me now and thrown her toys out the problem saying she won't be able to visit the baby at all but I'm sure she will get over it once the baby is here!

Orion/Nori/Mommas - I hope you all get some answers to your breastfeeding questions. I have heard lanisnoh nipple cream is best on the market for cracked nipples and you don't have to wash it off before feeding baby!

Also can't remember who asked about expressing. I'm not sure about quantities but I think the amount you can get out varies depending on the pump you have as some pumps are better than others. I read the Medala Swing electric breast pump is one of the best.

Xx

Its been almost a week on the supplements and I have to say milk production is starting to increase a little bit yay. Praying that it keeps increasing. I dont care if i end up bottle feeding Rylan, but would really like to have the breastmilk over the cost of formula. Keeping my fx that this works. I have a manual pump right now, but if production goes up enough and i end up just bottle feeding i will invest in an electric pump.

Hopefully things get moving for you soon bing.

Just back from my midwife appointment. Had a sweep done. It didn't hurt, just felt a bit uncomfortable. The midwife said my cervix was quite low and dilated 1cm so stuff has been happening even though I've not felt much. I'm feeling a little crampy now so fingers crossed its the start of things happening!

If not I'm booked in to have another sweep done on Thursday morning and then booked in to be induced on Friday morning.

Xx

Congrats Bing!!! Hopefully your little one comes soon! I think I lost at least a piece of mine tonight..not sure though..dr appointment is in the am and am hoping im dilated at least a little.

He isnt even engaged at all yet. Im not dilated at all. I am just so ready to be done and meet him already! I cried a little and got snippy with SO after the appointment...not on purpose..just frustrated.

Aww Jordy....do remember he did just turn around not too long ago, so it may take a little bit for him to start dropping down. And being he did just turn, he may not engage until labour starts. Its the joys of a baby staying breach for so long and turning so late.

Yesterday I decided to go down memory lane and look back at some of the old two week wait threads. It was nice to see how some of the ladies we chatted to back then are finally now expecting and it was sad to see how some are still trying to this day or have found out they cant have biological kids :( I know you ladies remember Turtle...saw in her signature that they found out they only have a 1% chance to conceive and now looking into adoption. Its amazing how some people take having kids for granted. Sometimes I wish there was this magical cure for those struggling with infertility. So glad that us ladies are blessed with our lo's.

Just to update you that ITS a GIRL!!!

Elsie Edith Wood was born on 24/09/15 at 03:21am weighing 6lb 1oz.

My story:
I started feeling contractions at 20:37 on Wednesday evening and by 21:00 the contractions were every 3-5 minutes and 30-45 seconds long. They intensified quickly and I had a bath to help soothe them. The breathing techniques I'd learnt whilst doing hypnobirthing were fantastic and really got me through them. Anyway, my waters went in the bath around 12:30am, got to hospital around 01:20am and I was 9.5cm dilated when they examined me. As I had a bit of bloodless when my waters broke They had to monitor Elsie's heartbeat and it kept dropping so I had to have an episiotomy to get her out quicker. Total labour time was 6hours 44minutes. I'm very sore now after having stitches but im also so proud of myself too for doing it all on just Gas & Air! It's amazing stuff...I was as high as a kite! :haha:

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->