September Stars Weightloss Journeys!!

SR - OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!! You look Amazing!!!

I have no idea where you ladies get all of your willpower from! I've honestly been shit. Although, in the past couple of weeks I have stepped it up a gear with my impending wedding.

I've altogether gone from 10st 10/11 (about 6 weeks pp) and last sunday (new weigh-in day) I was 10st 2. Although, I'm not sure i'll be able to maintain that loss as i'd just come off af so I was the lightest i'll be all month.

I'm now back into my size 12s, but they don't look too great. My 10's don't fasten.

Over the past few weeks/months i've started running again, and now i'm doing about 15 - 20k a week. 10k in one go, then the rest in bits whenever i get to the gym (with stepper etc too). Today I did 10k in 67 mins - my best time so far (after izzy lol). I'm doing nearly 6k before i have to walk too.. my goal is to be able to run straight through, then i'll work on my time. It is on the treadmill though, if I road-ran then I'd have to find a route that was completely flat :dohh:

I'm so pleased for all of you ladies that have the willpower to diet. I've made minor changes in the past week or so - mainly more yogurts, but nothing compared to you amazing ladies :flower:

Opti - great that your doing the running wish I could do that. I walk on gradient 2 then have 4 one minute running sessions I'm hoping to gradually increase the amount I'm running but seems slow progress. I look at some of the lady's at the gym running continuously for like 20 minutes and I just look in awe. How long now until the wedding?

Weighed in today and again I've stayed the same that's the third week now not even lost 1/4 lb. I stuck to my weightwatchers points and went to the gym three times, made an effort to carry lo for walks .... Grrrr hoping for a loss next week

SR, you have done amazingly and look fab and must feel so much better!

I am still sort of dieting, I am watching but not noting what i have, I am at target of 8st 10lb, although 8st 5lb is ideal to allow for a bit each way!

If i just put a few good weeks in I think i can do it!

Good luck to everyone still in diet mode!:hugs:xx

Well, I had a fairly devastating weigh-in on Day 60 of P90x.
I was only down 2 lbs and saw no change in my inches lost.
The good news is that at least I didn't go up, but I was expecting more weight loss after all the crazy amount of work I put in.
My husband suspects that I am not eating enough. I think he may be right. So, I'm back at it with renewed vigour and am keeping a food journal to make sure that I am eating the required amounts.

Sarahkka - I can appreciate how dissapointed you must feel but DH is right its still a loss. Maybe your not eating enough especially as you are still BF

On weightwatchers a nursing mum consumes an additional 7 points a day on top of usual 29 points this is just sligtly less than 1\4 of normal points extra to be consumed

:hugs:

Sarahkka what does the 30 day shred consist of? Is it things like push up and planks because I can't do them. Wanting to buy the DVD but not sure if I will give up because can't do half of the exercises

Jelly, I'm not sure.
A few of my Canadian mum friends are doing it. I'll ask them if you like?

I do quite a bit of 30 day shred, at least 3 times a week.

It's basically a lot of work with weights and quite a bit of stregnth training mixed with cardio and abs workouts. It hasn't actually got too many plank/push up workouts in there(at least not lvl 1 and 2), and the ones that it does have can be simplified to make it a little easier and it also has three difficulty settings at level 1, 2 and 3. I've only ever gone to 2!

I really reccomend it though, it's a fab little DVD. Only takes 25min and gives you a really good exercise. Swear Ive lost quite a few inches since starting it. I started doing it origionally a while back and did it for a full 20 or so days and lost quite a few inches!

I'm actually off to do shred lvl 2 right now to start my morning. hehe.

Ooh thanks SR, think I'm going to put it in my online order tonight :thumbup:

Sarah I find a very fine line between not eating enough and the weight loss, I have gone with the not eating enough and the only way i can honestly watch my food intake properly is by writing it down counting the calories, i do this on the food focus site, its free and i find works well, I have just been really lazy with it recently! I want one last push just to do the last 5lb and get me in my comfort zone!

I may look into the 30 day shred, I can do 25 mins! I used to do stretch into shape that was 30 mins a day and i noticed huge difference but it was on video and i never found it on dvd!

Got to go, back soon! :hugs:

Finally weighed in and lost 2lbs this week :) I was getting fed up of STS .

Had biggest loser workout and the went for my hill walk carrying JJ I tool the extended route too which I've never done carrying him so was really pleased with myself.

How's everyone else doing?

Yey jelly, well done! :thumbup:

My weigh-in was Sunday, and I was the same (maybe lost 1/2 a pound, but my scales are a bit iffy). Still 10st 2. If i'm still that this sunday, I'll be chuffed as AF is due monday and I always weigh more just before. It doesn't help that my wedding is day before AF too though :(

I'd eaten pretty healthily last week, but only managed to get one gym sesh in. Today i ran 11.5k cross-country, but it took me AGES - 83 mins! Still, it's the first time i've done it without a treadmill, so i'm just pretty proud (even though I have blisters). Thinking about it, I need to get to the gym more often, cos running only once/twice a week won't work, even if I go for miles.

And my biggest loser is gathering dust now I have a gym membership/nice weather. It's such a waste, but I can't bring myself to trade it in just yet. I just don't have the motivation and commitment for dvds etc... I really admire you ladies for sticking to them!

Opti, I did biggest loser for the first time in a couple of months. Now I go to the gym I never use it either, only did today because woke with a chest infection. Have to say I quite enjoyed it but no where near as challenging as when I'm at the gym. Took lo for 2 mile walk carrying him too to make up for not going to the gym.

I thought your 11.5k run was quite impressive !

I have done dvd's b4 simply because it is easier than a trip out, plus children have not allowed!
I have had the 30 day shred arrive and it is still looking nice and new in its wrapper! I will look first, then start monday, am ok with my weight this is to maintain and tone up a bit.

Jelly, well done at your loss:happydance::hugs:

Opti, You are doing loads, and i would keep the dvd, you never know the winter months it may come in handy! :thumbup::hugs:

Right off to watch 30 day shred, hope it fills me with enthuasm to get off my bum and do it...on monday!:hugs:

I'm still waiting for my 30 day shred it's on it's way !! Let me know what you think. I went to yoga / pilates class Wednesday I found it really tough. Definatly going to go again ;-)

Chest has got worse today so decided to rest as exercising everyday hasn't helped. Busy weekend but hope to go to gym at least once.

My. Legs. Hurt.

The knees, the calves, the hips.

I think maybe i've been overdoing it, and might have just bitten off more than I can chew with this Great north run thing.

Shit!

Gonna try get to gym tomorrow and NOT run. Maybe some cross-training/stepper/rower stuff (if I can get a whizzy sitter for long enough for me to go as chris is working).

Do you think i'd be ok with doing that?

And good luck with the 30 day shred ladies!!

I ached at the beginning of the week after boxercise then going on a hill walk in the afternoon carrying JJ.

Went to gym following day and by the evening couldn't walk up the stairs ..... Still continued and went to a yoga/pilates class Wednesday ...... I did feel slightly worse but soon recovered .

Go easy at the gym and as soon as you ache somewhere particular don't push yourself but either lower resistance or change machine :)

Cheers hun... I'm feeling slightly better today, but can't get a sitter to go to the gym. So, instead, I think I might go for a long walk. It's raining, but I guess that's why prams have raincovers eh? lol. The dog doesn't seem impressed at the idea.

I could always do an hour on kinect, but i'm not sure which is less unappealing... :haha:

I thought i'd reply to your question about running in here Jelly.

If i'm running 10k on the treadmill, I jog to 5k without stopping, at about 9/9.5kph. Then I walk for a few mins to catch my breath, then jog again to 7.5k. Then another little break, then as fast as I can to the end.

When I did the 11.5k the other day, I had loads of walk breaks (usually hills lol). But I find it much harder cos I struggle to pace myself when i'm out too.

It has taken me AGES to build this up - not just after izzy, but after I had emma too. After Emma, I decided to get fit, but had NEVER been to a gym etc before. I started just doing a mile on the treadmill, and I walked a min/jogged a min/walked a min etc till it was done.

So just stick with it really - that's what i'm doing. I really need to be able to run on the road like I can in the gym!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->