September Stars Weightloss Journeys!!

Thanks opti. At the moment I'm doing gradient 2 and walking at 6.00 for a minute and jogging at 8.00 for a minute upto 16 minutes in total but I don't manage much distance. Think I might start doing distance rather than time and maybe miss out one of the other machines I use as I only have a certain time in the gym due to the crèche . Have to admit it really gets me puffed out and hot :blush:

Running is meant to be a great weightloss activity

That sounds great for now.. I don't use the gradient button :blush: probably why I struggle so much on the roads :blush:

I think that it's better for you to do distance rather than time, cos then you can push yourself, and you will see your time getting faster. I'd start with a mile if I were you... (1.6k). When you can do that in around 12-13 mins (or jog it straight through) then i'd up it a little. Plus, if you don't like running, and you're measuring distance, then the quicker you run, the quicker you can go onto something else :haha:

As for getting hot, I always look like i'm gonna pass out. I sweat so much when I run that it soaks completely through my trousers/bra/top and I look like i've just stepped out of the shower! but tbh, if I don't get soaked, then I haven't pushed myself hard enough ;)

I'm going to give that a try tomorrow. Not convinced I'll be any good as I've still got a nasty chest infection so struggling to breathe sufficiently at the moment.

Lost 1lb this week !

Yey!!!! That's fab :)

Good luck tomorrow. I'm meant to have a fitness assessment tomorrow at 12, but I dunno if i'll be able to do it with aching so much from last night/blistered feet etc.

I weighed in yesterday, and had put 2 1/2 lbs on. BUT AF came too, and I've trained a lot this last week so it might be a bit of muscle mass. OH weighed in and had put 3lbs on, so it might even be the scales that need new batteries.

Or, the kebab we had Friday, and the buffet we abused Sat night at my cousin's 18th :blush:

Opti - tried the mile this morning and achieved it in 14.07 minutes (gradient 2 for first half then moved to flat so I could go faster lol) I ran faster at 8.8 and managed more jogging too. Have to beat my time on Friday !!

Yey! :happydance: That's great!!!!! It is soooo much better (I think ) when you do distances, cos it motivates you to go faster to get it over with lol. I always have no gradient on when I go on the treadmill, cos I just concentrate on getting it over with as quickly as I can :blush:

My fitness assessment was ok.. Although it was kinda more like the guy from the gym just watching me train for an hour and then saying... 'yeah... you need to run more'. Really? Wow... I couldn't have guessed :haha:

Yesterday I went for a 7.65 mile run, and managed 4 miles without a break (which was a personal best). BUT today, i can't walk :blush: My legs are soooooo painful, and I have blisters, so i'm having a day off.

I've eaten complete crap, but ryan (gym guy) says that I can pretty much eat what I like with all the work i'll be doing over the next few weeks. My schedule is as follows:

Day 1 -Gym (no treadmill... Strength/low impact training)
Day 2 - Medium run (4/5 miles)
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Gym (same as before)
Day 5- Long run (7/8 miles)
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Small run (2miles) or Gym (low impact).

But he's gonna look at it again for me and type it up for tomorrow. He says I have to be able to go for 10 miles by september, then the adrenaline of the event etc will take me around the other 3. I'm not quite sure I believe him. I can't quite believe that ANYTHING can carry you an extra 3 MILES :$

Also, 8.8 is a really good speed... I generally go at 9 or 9.5 on the treadmill. Keep it up :thumbup:

Wow at the moment I can't imagine running 13 miles, I was shattered after my 1 . Your schedule looks good.

I downloaded c25k for my phone today which gives meza 9 week plan to be able to run 5k. Don't think I'll follow it completely as I can already do the first couple of weeks on the plan. Think I'm going to aim to run for 90 seconds and walk for 2mins for my mile tomorrow and see how I feel.

You'll be amazed how quickly you progress... After I had Emma I really struggled to do my mile. It took me about 6 months, and then I could do 2 miles straight through, and that was only going twice a week. I only started doing 10k about three months ago, and now i'm going in for the half marathon. I must say, i've found that it's the amount of times you train that makes the difference - not the distance. E.g. if I run 2 miles 3 times, it benefits me more than doing one 7 mile run. But that might be wrong... It's just what I think from what i've done at the mo. It's just really difficult fitting it in with babies etc!

I must say though that I can really tell when i've eaten better. Plus, I stopped smoking when pregnant with Izzy and now I only smoke when I go out (about 4 times a year :haha:) And that makes a big difference.

I looked at the c25k app the other day when I was looking at running ones - It looks good. It's great that you can already do the first few bits of it :happydance:

I gave up smoking too when pregnant with JJ. I think I feel the fittest that u have ever felt even though this is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm going to gym generally 3 times a week and know I need to start thinking about going in the evenings as I'm back to work full-time in September so want to be into a routine before u go back so it won't be as hard.

Do you get the feeling it's only us two on this thread now ! :haha:

I'm gonna be here cheering you guys on til the end! you're all doing great :D.

You might be awhile as I'm losing soooooooooo slowly

It's okay, I got plenty of time and you're heading in the right direction :thumbup:

Still here!
Just really busy right now and not posting as much! :)
So I popped out the scale today just for curiousity and it looks like I'm down a couple more pounds.
Clothes are definitely fitting better and/or looser. Some are downright baggy! :)
My plan is to finish P90x, then move onto either a pilates/yoga routine or the 30-day shred in combination with endurance cardio 3x a week.
Hoping that will shed the rest of the weight and maybe even a bit more if I'm lucky? :)

Well done sarahkka that's excellent, you'll have to go shopping soon for a new wardrobe!

Did my 1 mike on the treadmill yesterday and managed to knock off 10 seconds but think I could of done better if my left calf didn't begin cramping whilst running, still aches now. Got a stitch for the first time too which was weird. Doubt I'll get to go Sunday so will have to try again Monday now

Well done Sarahkka!!! :thumbup:

:hi: SR! My goal is more about getting this run done rather than losing weight now (although I'm still weighing myself! :dohh:). BUT I think i'm in the right place :)

:yippee: jelly!!! 10 secs is 10 secs, and with a crampy calf that's fab :thumbup:

I get stitch a lot, but it generally is pretty easy to run through. The calf pulling though - that's another thing altogether, especially if it's only one (that shows it's not just general aches). Have you got new running trainers? If not, then you could really do with some as they make a big difference. I used to run in reebok classics, but they were rubbish, so I bought some proper reebok running trainers (for road running). They weren't too dear either - about £45. I'm still debating going and getting my running style assessed and getting some even better trainers, but i can't afford it just yet.

Do you do stretch before and after the treadmill? I do a calf stretch, hamstring, hips and thigh stretch before and a full set or muscle stretches after.

Also, If it's still giving you problems, treat it with ice. I've found a cool (can't quite manage cold yet!) bath helps when i'm achey.

If all else fails, keep on the cross-trainer or bike until it heals.
I know that sounds excessive for a pulling calf, but if it gets any worse then you'll be out for weeks. :flower:

I'm not so achey at all today. I went to the gym yesterday and did a mile on the treadmill, then stuck to the cross-trainer and bike to take the pressure off my knees. I also did some upper-body work on the machines, and plenty of raised leg and v sit-ups.
I wanted to run today, but chris is still on his stag do so no sitter. I'll either run or go to the gym tomorrow.

Weigh-in tomorrow too. I've finished AF and have been to the gym twice and a run this week, so I hope i've at least maintained.

Helloooo! Sorry it's been a while, I haven't been on bump and baby for ages, new pc lost all my links.

Well so far I've lost over 3 stone, I'm so chuffed and plodding along nicely. Loads more to go but I've dropped 3-4 dress sizes.

Well done to everyone on your fab losses. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->