• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September Stars

Hi everyone, could I please join you?
I'm 29, got my BFP last week, have 2 stepsons and this is now my first baby. And probably only, as 3 kids is plenty! I'd love a little girl, but I'm just so excited to be going through this that I really don't mind. Been with my husband for 7.5 years, married for 1.5yrs. Am really busting to tell everyone, but both me and my husband think it's a bit early. Saying that, I suspect I'll crack sooner rather than later! :winkwink:

Jen, are you feeling other symptoms? Don't get down before there's a reason. :hugs:

Welcome Sylvia! Congratulations!

Welcome Sylvia and congrats! How are you feeling so far?

Juicyjen, it's true that not everyone gets sick and they have healthy babies. I know it is reassuring when you are worried. I wouldn't wish this on you, I really wouldn't! ;)

Having another ill day today. Made an excuse to get out the office for a bit earlier. Thanks goodness it's my day off tomorrow - need a break.

My friend who now has a healthy 2 year old never had any morning sickness, lucky cow! :haha:

Thanks Shadowcat & Poshie :)

I'm feeling not too bad, I have mainly just bouts of nausea, but no sickness. And occasionally I can smell sour metal, which doesn't help. So I kind of know what you mean Juicyjen, sometimes I wonder if the little pea is still in there, but I think that's just because I don't really know what to expect. I'm sure it will get worse quickly and then we'll relish these days :)

Having another ill day today. Made an excuse to get out the office for a bit earlier. Thanks goodness it's my day off tomorrow - need a break.

I hope it passes Poshie! Does anything help? Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

I'm a couple weeks behind you, i guess i have all this to come :) yeah... why did i do this again :dohh: ;)

Haven't found a cure that works for me yet. I have tried various things so far, but need to try more. Thank goodness I'm going home in 10 minutes! Not all plain sailing though because I have a 17 month old to pick up and take home ;)

I was chuffed because weeks 4-5 I felt fine, then week 6 it hit me for six!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone's doing ok today?

Congratulations Sylvia!

Still no ms here but I'll hit 6 weeks on Friday so it's still a bit early. Tbh after reading the above I'll be glad to escape it!! I was feeling so stressy about this a few days ago but you ladies are so reassuring. Ty! :)

I'm almost the opposite of feeling sick just now, I cannot stop eating! My other half reckons that my body's building up reserves in case of ms, which is kind of him. Did anyone else have an insatiable appetite or am I just a greedy glutton?? LOL

Take care everyone xx

Hi Mirm,

I think I'm eating for 2 already... None of my jeans do up anymore! I just want to eat chips all the time... Argh!

That's the weird thing....I can and do still eat alot, I just have a hard time sometimes, deciding what I fancy. Often the thought of food is worse than the actual eating it, for me. I can barely do my trousers up already!

Hehehe :) I've been home-working the last few days and have been popping into the kitchen at least every hour on the scrounge! I'm going to get so big :D

Hi Mirm,

I think I'm eating for 2 already... None of my jeans do up anymore! I just want to eat chips all the time... Argh!

Thank god I'm not the only one whose pants won't button anymore :blush:
So far I've put on 4lbs because I have to keep snacking ALL day to keep the neausea at bay!

My Dr. recommened 1/2 tab of Unisome and B6 since I couldn't even sleep due to neausea. I felt pretty groggy the day after I took it, but have been feeling pretty wonderful since taking it. I think it reset my system, still get little bouts here and there, but not like before where I just wanted to die!

Hope everyone is feeling better! Time to shop for new pants, stretchy ones :happydance:

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is well and welcome to the newbies who've joined!

Well first midwife appt today.
Midwife kept calling me pet - a little annoying!
Other than that she was very pleasant, congratulated us both and went through the health questions.
Height checked, weight checked, blood pressure perfect!
4 bottles of blood taken! Had to pee on demand for the first time, which was strange but it worked! Lol.
Got a huge book and numerous leaflets to read.
Just now have to wait on my scan appt.

Midwife reckons I'm around 8 weeks and baby will be due late August, to be confirmed by scan.

Fairly uneventful, more of a fact finding mission as DH said.
He had to look away when the blood was being taken as he'd faint! Lol.

DH was very unimpressed as not having a seat to sit on. Lol.
But I was told I was the star of the show and should sit.
DH needs to grow tall anyways! Lol.

Anyways, enough of my rambling!

I'm suffering with ms like crazy! Wish it would just bugger off.
Midwife says its a good sign.
Maybe so, but makes me feel shite!!

Milly xx

Hi Mirm, nice to (virtually) meet you :) you reminded me that I do have days where I'm eating like I haven't been fed for 3 days, DH thinks it's great, he says if we eat out we might get our money's worth now! :haha: trousers will be tight as this rate.

Milly, that sounds really boring! I go to the docs tomorrow morning, I thought it would be exciting but if that's all that happens it'll dampen my excitement somewhat! It's lovely though that your DH went with you. But not much longer til you can have a scan and see your little one :)

Ps I figured out my signature, this is my first ever sig, way too smug with myself now!

And I'm with you on the chips tinytabby!

Hi everyone.

Milly - thanks for the report. Sounds reassuring, if not very interesting!

Silvia and Bessadoo - I'm glad I'm not the only one craving chips (or in fact anything to do with potatoes)! I've totally regressed to my teenage eating habits. I even had a chicken Kiev today for the first time in at least a decade!!

Booking in appt & scan to follow shortly and will be at the hospital.
Didn't expect today to be too exciting. Think scan will be though.
I get the feeling that a lot of midwifes and doctors don't put off much time with you due to the fact that this is fairly early on.
Just gotta hope that baby hangs on in there and makes the next visit exciting!!

Thanks for that report, MillyBum, I was wondering what the first midwife appt would contain. My dr told me it would take an hour and I couldn't think what they'd do for that long without even any scans!! Mine's booked for 14th Feb so ages to wait yet. LOL @ being star of the show :D

Sylvia, same! :) Things are already feeling tight. This hunger has to stop soon, I'll have nothing to wear!!

I realise that most ladies here are battling with ms, but is anyone else trying to keep up with exercise atm? I'm feeling ok and have been doing what I normally do (jogging, pilates and yoga) but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing and what I should avoid. I don't want to stop while I'm still feeling ok but I keep reading conflicting advice online. Any ideas? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->