September Stars

Ooooh, ladies. I am so, so, SO sick. I threw up everything that I ate or drank yesterday until there was nothing left, dreamed about vomiting all night, and resumed this morning.

I called my Dr. and they're discussing whether or not to prescribe me some Zofran. I hope they do if this is going to become a trend! Ugh!! I've lost three pounds in the last two days.

Those of you wishing for MS, be careful what you wish for. :nope:

Oh goodness, sorry to hear that Shadowcat, you have it bad. It is bad enough just feeling ill, let alone being sick on top of it! Hope they prescribe you something that works very soon x

My thoughts exactly Shadowcat. Those wishing for MS will regret it if they felt the constant vomiting some of us go through. It's no joke. I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy with NO MS!! Hope the doctors are able to get it under control so you can feel better.

Shadowcat, I'm really sorry to hear that! I hope you do get some help, because that does sound awful!

(Smile, maybe we'll be lucky and miss this!)

Poshie, I've found Nairn's Stem Ginger biscuits calm my tummy. Only 1 or 2 at a time though, and I can't stand them normally, but they definitely stop me feeling so green. Also just sucking them til they're soft, then swallowing them the only way to get them down.

Yet in the evening, when my tummy has settled, I could eat a scabby horse! Crazy. :haha:

Oh dear, Shadowcat! I hope it calms down a bit for you. My sister vomited daily till 17 weeks with both her babies but refused drugs to stop it! I think that's a bit mad, I don't know how she did it.

I just feel nauseous on and off all day. Seems to be worst in the middle of the night when I get up to pee.

I'm drinking a wee cup of caffeinated coffee in the morning (instant) and occasionally a cuppa tea in the avo. My doc didn't mention caffiene, but she did make pains to point out that I should have a glass of wine if I feel like it. Weirdly though (because I am ordinarily a party animal!!) I just don't want booze at all!

Hope everyone's ok today xx

poshie- are you just feeling nauseous then?

sylvia & smile- we are week 6 tomorrow, who knows, might all kick in then!!

re hot drinks, i havent touched coffee since getting my BFP and i only drink decaff tea anyway, but in the last couple of weeks i havent managed a full cup! just dont fancy it.

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well!

Today, the nausea has hung around all day at work.
Oh, I've been feeling like a sack of sh*t all day!

I asked for tomorrow off, so I can feel like sh*t at home on my own.
Apparently as it's short notice - NO!

But if I'd tell them I'm pregnant, it'd be no hassle I bet!
Not willing to share that info with work yet!
One of the supervisors is a "touchy feely" kinda girl with pregnant women, and I hate her!

I can see she'll get a few slaps from me over the next few months! lol! xx

Ooh, I hate it when people think they can touch your belly - I remember that from both of my pregnancies with my sons. I had strangers come up to me in public and just grab away. What are people thinking? :dohh:

Well, the Dr. went ahead and called me in the Zofran. I'll go and get it in a bit, keep your fingers crossed for me that it helps!

Hi everyone :)

Sorry to read that some people have been really poorly. My thoughts are with you Shadowcat, Poshie, Millybum and Tinytabby :( Hope it doesn't stick around for 17 weeks, omg that sounds awful.

I'm just back home after a two day work trip - I was so worried about MS kicking in either while driving or in a meeting, but all went fine. No ms at all yet, still! Week 6 technically starts tomorrow for me I think, so I'm braced for next week lol :)

Thanks too for the replies about exercise; it's really helpful to know what everyone else's doing. I used the hotel gym y'day evening and felt exhausted after about 5 mins on the treadmill!

morning ladies, hope you are all well.
im off for my scan this morning and am petrified! so scared of what they might tell me, anyway, trying my best to be brave. will fill you in later.

pray for me please! x x x

Morning ladies :) Best of luck for your scan juicyjen, we will be thinking of you and looking forward to your update! :hugs:

Onto the lovely subjecty of MS. After feeling quite ok on Wednesday, yesterday I went back to feeling shite. :(

I actually threw up for the first time this morning. I was emptying scraps into the bin, when I got a woft of bin smell and started heaving. Thought I could keep it under control, but no, off I went! :sick: Just when we needed to leave the house for work. Not enjoying this at all :(

Glad you managed to survive your trip mirm. I am so worried about the MS and work thing I really am. I am supposed to be going to an interview for a new contract on 1 Feb and I am dreading it.

How long does the Zofran take to work, do you know shadowcat? I will be interested to find out how you get on with it.

Tinytabby. I know what you mean, the thought of wine (which I normally enjoy) is enough to induce :sick: right tnow. In fact I am having a hard time finding anything I actually fancy to eat or drink.

Good luck today Jen! :flower:

Oh Poshie!! :s I feel for you!

Shadowcat, hope the zofran works!

6wks 1 day today, and my DH said to me this morning, are you going to stay home today (awful nights sleep, or rather no sleep) and I said no, I didn't have it so bad as other people (thinking about you ladies) and literally a minute later the dry heaves started.

Also, I was being a bit keen and made an enquiry into NCT antenatal and postnatal courses, I just got the info through and didn't realise how expensive they are!! £130 for the antenatal and £63 for the postnatal classes. Has anybody been before, is it worth it?

Good luck today Jen!

Poshie, I was sick properly this morning too. Ugh! I'm now at work sitting really still trying to keep my breakfast down. Ugh! So glad I can write here! It stinks not being able to explain to colleagues why I'm being so weird.

I have actually told a couple of friends at work, which is lucky because the other night we were out entertaining clients and my friend drank all my drinks for me! He had a bad headache in the morning!

Sylvia, I think NCT is definitely worth the money. I'll be joining later on in the summer. It's a good way to meet other mums and get support.

Happy Friday everyone! Here's to a lovely relaxing weekend!

PS my partner also suggested I take the day off today but if this is going to be the norm for the next month or so that'll be a lot of sick days!

Yes, that's the thing isn't it. I could quite easily have had a day or two off work sick but I'm trying not to, at least not til I absolutely have to! Right now the thought of going home and lying in bed all day is very appealing ;)

I would most definitely recommend NCT classes . I did them when I was pg with my son and we still see each other now. :) I think it especially useful when it's your first baby, such a great source of support in those early days. Gor for it! I probably won't this time around, but mainly because I've done it before and I will have my work cut out looking after my boy as well this time.

I haven't told anyone at work yet. I expect they are all thinking "she's looking a bit rough these days"! But oh well, I shall wait til 12 weeks.

Oh and think I have a problem with water now........as in I really don't fancy it whereas normally I love it :(

Oh boo - I've been forcing myself to drink it cause pre-preg I really didn't drink enough. The smell of it though!! I never noticed it before, but it's so strong everytime I take a sip I'm like :sick: :haha:

Yes, you have to force yourself don't you. Urgh :(

Yeah it's horrible! Looking forward to lunch though, gonna have a j20 to break the routine :haha: how exciting is life as a pregnant woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->