September Stars

Hello all... Just been catching up on all the messages... Sorry to all the people feeling chronically sick!

So I've been pretty freaked out this week - my symptoms disappeared over the weekend and were totally gone on Monday and Tuesday... I called in sick on Tues, convinced something had gone wrong, and rang the midwife, who referred me to the EPU. They couldn't see me until yesterday morning, but when I went I had a scan and saw Beanie all safe and sound with a little heartbeat... DH said 'It's like that level in Call of Duty when it's black and white and the people have strobes attached'... luckily I'm also a gamer (for now!!!) so I knew exactly what he meant (and he was right!).

Now on the downside he's stressing out a little as it's all become real for him... He reckons he just needs a couple of days to absorb it all, though I can't help worrying as he actually left me for a week in November when he freaked out about the whole TTC thing! And I should point out that we're not one of those dramatic couples who are always breaking up... we've been together over 5 years and never had a real argument (which I guess is not entirely healthy, I do feel we could communicate better!) so it was a complete shock to me! Obviously he came back and said what an idiot he'd been, so hopefully he'll handle this better!

Anyway, enough of my rambling! Here's a rubbish picture of Beanie! Hope I've attached it properly! Hope you all have a lovely weekend! xxx

Attachments

• Beanie1.jpg
    Beanie1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
frantastic- wot a lovely pic of your bean! :flower: so reassuring isnt it to hear a heartbeat! now you can relax! (woteva that means!!)

marie- dont worry about cramping, like tabby i had cramping and spotting and i felt sure i was miscarrying but saw a strong heartbeat yesterday!

smile, shadowcat, sylvia & poshie- no, i didnt get a pic! :nope: wish i had asked, but tbh. . . there wasnt a lot to see! could just see the sac, and tiny little beany inside, had to have an internal :blush: to see the heartbeat and it was just like a little flicker, dont think would see anything in a photo. but hopefully will be having another in 3 weeks so will get my pic then!!

how is everyone feeling?? when i heard you ladies on here talking about "the 6 week switch" i didnt think it would happen to me, but sickness started 3 days ago, actually threw up yesterday ( exactly 6 weeks!) and having been heaving all morning today! :haha:

Hi Fran! That's a lovely picture! Hooray!

And hooray Jen for being sick! ;-) Welcome to the misery!

lol @ tinytabbby!

It's so true - sickness makes us miserable!

The midwife told me it's a good sign. Oh well ..

Nausea is still an issue for me. Up last night during the night 3 times to pee.
Food - can't find anything I want to eat. Even after I eat, I don't feel satisfied.

And to top it all off - DH has "man-flu". Great!!

Happy weekend to us all! lol!

Milly xx

Great pic Fran!!
Hope mine looks as good, whenever I get my appt!!

Congrats Fran, lovely pic and very reassuring to see your bean no doubt ;)

Jen, the 6 week switch is a strange phenomenon isn't it! I didn't believe it would happen like that but it did ;)

Milly, I have same problem. Can't find any food or drink that I actually fancy and when I do eat I feel ill again shortly after. It's true, ms is miserable!

I have my scan a week today ladies....as its private, I'll get a cd of pics so will try to upload a couple ;)

My son and I both have a cold now so that doesn't help with the generally feeling crap thing we have going on here :rolleyes:

Fran, great pic! :D

Hope everyone's doing well this weekend.

My "period pains" have been pretty bad today, but no spotting or blood, so I'm hoping it's just one of those things. No MS at all yet either. I am feeling a bit heady and tired though, so it's a quiet night on the sofa in front of the telly for me :)

I was reading about NCT courses and how they get booked up ridiculously quickly - has anyone here booked in yet? Sylvia I think you were looking into it, did you take the plunge??

Take care everyone xx

I've been so naughty ladies!
I just ate KFC!
Was bloody good, and no sickness feeling now.
Has to be a 1 off or I'll be the size of a bus come aug/sep!

I was reading about NCT courses and how they get booked up ridiculously quickly - has anyone here booked in yet? Sylvia I think you were looking into it, did you take the plunge??

happy weekend ladies! How are we all?
Thanks for the pic Fran, can't wait to have one of those myself.

Mirm, I've made a provisional booking, I have until the 2 Feb to pay or my name gets taken off the list. I am going to book it, just waiting to get paid. I don't know if they do get booked early or not, but when I first looked into it I'm sure the courses I needed for my due date seemed to be the only ones on offer anyway so I thought perhaps they do get booked early! (probably not THIS early though ;) LOL!) Whereabouts did you read that they do, I'd be interested to have a read?

Told my parents last night, they were over the moon, and I got the first good night's sleep since I got my BFP :D

Oh Millybum, I had McDonald's the other day... I don't even like that stuff normally but OMG it totally hit the spot. I've also had home made chips 3 times in the last week and pizza hut the week before. All my good eating intentions are totally out the window!! The :baby: made me do it ;) That's my story anyway, you can use it too ;)

Hi ladies...just catching up on the last few days...welcome to the new mommies to be!!

Friday morning started out great...had an u/s that dated me at 6w1d and saw the yolk sac, fetal pole, and flickering heartbeat!!!! I was so excited that when I got out of my car at work I didn't see the black ice and slipped and fell :/ - I bruised my knee, both elbows, and my back/neck has been so sore. I called the dr. immediately and they said that unless I experienced any bleeding or cramping (which I haven't) the baby should be fine as it is very well protected....I was hysterical though and had to leave work early...I just rested the rest of the day.

Even though they reassured me, I am still soooooo nervous that I could have done something bad. I have another scan this Friday and just want it to be here :/....

Hi ladies,

Feel terrible this morning. MS is really taking its tole!
Anyone found anything that curbs ms longer than 10 mins?
Currently finding that I'm nauseous all day, and I just feel so down at the moment.

Milly xx

Fingers crossed all is well.
It's such a worry the first few weeks and that's without a fall.
Fingers crossed for you xxx

Hi ladies...just catching up on the last few days...welcome to the new mommies to be!!

Friday morning started out great...had an u/s that dated me at 6w1d and saw the yolk sac, fetal pole, and flickering heartbeat!!!! I was so excited that when I got out of my car at work I didn't see the black ice and slipped and fell :/ - I bruised my knee, both elbows, and my back/neck has been so sore. I called the dr. immediately and they said that unless I experienced any bleeding or cramping (which I haven't) the baby should be fine as it is very well protected....I was hysterical though and had to leave work early...I just rested the rest of the day.

Even though they reassured me, I am still soooooo nervous that I could have done something bad. I have another scan this Friday and just want it to be here :/....

Morning Stars :)

Nicmar, what a nightmare with your fall! When I was pg with my son, I was washing my car and fell arse over tit and was worried. Like the doc says though, bubs is very well protected in there so should be absolutely fine. Hope you aren't too sore :hugs:

Milly, I share your pain I honestly do :hugs: For me, the one thing that I can drink willingly and feel okay is actually lager! I have bought some alcohol free Becks and it really hits the spot. Very weird. But same with my last pregnancy. That perked me up for a good hour last night before I started feeling shite again. I don't know what to do tbh....at work is particularly hard isn't it. :(

Hey NicMar, hope you're ok. I've had two friends who've had bad falls in pregnancy (one down the stairs and one off her bike) and their babies are now at school!

Everyone else- ughghgh I know it is a good sign but I feel RANCID. Spent most of the weekend horizontal and I'm still exhausted and sick all the time. I was late for work this morning because I was throwing up. I'm thinking I might have to tell my boss otherwise she's going to think I'm losing the plot!

Oh no, porry you Tinytabby! Sounds pretty bad :( Rancid is a good word for it! It is getting more and more difficult to appear 'normal' isn't it. I am going to try and wait til 12 weeks, but it will depend on whether that's physically possible or not. I'm starting to feel worse again now........want to go home ....

Me too, Poshie! Thing is, there's a tummy bug going round at work and I'm considering saying I've got that! However I have so much to do, not working will make things worse!

My sister said ms/early preg is like 'being poisoned'. I never knew what she meant until now!

I'm counting the days till 12 weeks now.

Going to have to chase up the referral as I've heard nothing from the hospital yet.

I like your thinking.....funnily enough, a colleague went home ill on Firday and I was considering saying I had the same thing!

When you say no referral, do you mean for a mw appt or scan?

I don't have either midwife or scan yet. In my area you get both at 12-13 weeks. It's a long time to wait but I'd really like an actual date to focus on now!

Ah I see. Yes that is a long time to wait isn't it. I have my scan (private one) this Saturday then 1st mw appt next Tuesday (so I'll be 9 weeks), I would definitely chase them to get your dates. We are 8 weeks tomorrow! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->