September Stars

Yeah I kind of look forward to lunch but not long after I seem to feel quite ill again, for the rest of the day. When I actually eat or drink it's not as bad as the thought of it, if you know what I mean?

Yeah once I start eating its ok - then when its down I feel ill again - the only solution, just eat 24/7 :haha:

hi everyone! scan was fantastic!! :happydance: could see my beautiful little bean and a heartbeat! so emotional! me and DH both shed a tear! they could find no reason for my spotting, but said probably implantation. obviously still a long way to go (6 whole weeks!!) but for now perfect!!

happy friday everyone!! x x x

Yay!!! Aw Jen I'm so happy for you - did you manage to snag a pic?? xx

Aww that's fantastic news Jen, congratulations! Must be a huge relief :D

Poshie, I read somewhere that snacking regularly helps with MS, does it make a difference for you? Or anyone else? I'm really scared about how MS might interfere with work too. We don't want to tell ANYONE until at least 12-14 weeks :/

Jen - How brilliant!!! That's fantastic news, you must be over the moon :D

Oooh Sylvia thanks for posting the NCT course costs, I was wondering about that. The ones in my area are taking bookings for mid-Sept births already but I guess there's no rush lol :)

Hope everyone's doing ok xx

Jen, fantastic news! I'm so glad to hear it! I'd love to see a pic too if you're willing.

Sorry to hear that a few of you are starting to feel more sick. I can give you an update today, and tell you that without a doubt, Zofran is the BEST THING EVER.

I got it in the afternoon yesterday and took it immediately, and I felt better after about 30 minutes! I felt so good that I had a huge dinner last night. :thumbup: So far today I feel ok enough that I haven't taken any yet, but if it gets worse, I definitely will.

Smile, what's a j20?

a j20 is just a brand of juice :thumbup: I've just been to the pub for lunch and had an orange and passionfruit one. yum!

Afternoon ladies, well its 3pm on a Friday and here I am, working hard!! :coffee::haha:

Jen - fantastic news!! :cloud9: now the real excitement begins!

Tinytabby & Poshie, that's what I thought, I'm not doing too bad now but I could probably have loads of sick days between now and mid-Sept! Better not. :nope:

Mirm, initially that is why I put an enquiry in, because they were already taking bookings. The only other courses in my area were Aug/July ones, so I thought they must book up quickly! (I don't know that for certain though, like you say, it seems an age away!) If you do make an enquiry, my area has actually put my name down for the courses and then I have 2 weeks to confirm and pay before I get taken off the course list. I'm definitely going to do it, but I didn't think I would have to take advantage of their instalment plan ;)

Of course, if I hadn't already been at the mothercare january sale perhaps I wouldn't have needed to... :blush: please tell me somebody else has done this? :D

Haha I've been to mother care like 3 times since I got my bfp :haha:

Good morning,

I did not read the whole thread (it's getting long) but I thought I would join in, if you don't mind.

My name is Marie, I'm 33 and just got positive results on two pregnancy tests yesterday. If the online due date calculators are correct, I would be due Sept 23. This will be my first.

Right now I am feeling both excited and anxious. I had some PMS-type cramps earlier (no sharp pains, just a dull ache), but they seem to be gone now. Now I have heartburns and nausea (mostly in late afternoon and at night).
I'll call today for my first appointment, either with a midwife (or doctor, if I need to see one before going to the midwife). I'm soooo nervous!

Yay Jen, that's great news.

Hi Marie, congrats and welcome.

Everyone else, how do you stay awake on Friday afternoons? I need matchsticks for my eyes. This sucks!! Can't wait for the 2nd trimester!

Welcome Marie!

If it makes you feel better, I had AF like cramps from before I tested until last week. They seem to have eased up now. I'm told it's completely normal.

Will this be your first?

Welcome Marie and many congrats! :happydance: Cramping was my first main symptom.

Tinytabby - how do I stay awake? With great difficulty! Seriously I am sat at my desk struggling to keep my eyes open right now. I do occasionally shut them then realise and wake myself up. Really bad :( I finish at 4.30pm today so an hour to get through. I just spend the whole day clock watching :rolleyes:

LOL Sylvia and Smile, so glad it's not just me!!! :blush:

Welcome Marie and congratulations :D

Really pleased to read about other ppl having cramping. I've been a bit worried these last few days, feel as though I'm about to come on, but no spotting or anything thank goodness.

Hope everyone's managing to stay awake. Nearly the weekend.... :D

I just ate a big pile of sweets! Sugar rush till 5pm. Clock watching is right!

Marie, I had cramping for a week or two and I had spotting for 4 days where my period should have been. There's lots of things that go on that are apparently normal or commonplace that no one tells you about, but this place is amazing if you have a question or a worry.

thanks everyone!
It makes me feel better to know cramping is normal. I did know it, but it always helps to have more people repeat it to me.

This is my first.
I told my parents and my fiancé's parents, but no one else yet. I'll wait till 8 weeks at least to tell everyone. I don't know how I'll be able to hold my tongue until then.
I did already start knitting baby stuff, however. I couldn't resist.

Hi Marie, welcome to the thread! :) I'm still getting cramps regularly too, and this is also my first. Depending on which site I got to I've got due dates of 12, 19, & 20 sep so due sometime near you :) I haven't told family yet either but will prob call my mom tomorrow. And I've been knitting too! I only learned how last year so am pretty amateur but I'm attempting a blanket to start.

Smile & Mirm, LOL and thank you!!!! :D I'm so glad it's not just me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->