September Stars

TT, hehe, retail therapy is a great diversion isn't it!! I too picked up some maternity jeans (accidentally really!). I was looking for some skinnies in a slightly larger size - bloat, baby or cake, my waistline is definitely growing lol. Lo and behold, a maternity pair appeared in the dregs of the Zara sale, were the only ones that remotely fitted me AND were 75% off. Win! :D

Fran congrats on the scan! Hope you're feeling better :)

Shadowcat, good luck with the no meds. How is it going...? xx

Hey Fran, nice to hear from you. Glad the scan went well and your pic is lovely.

Shadowcat - good luck without meds. My sickness is definitely changing at the moment. I haven't thrown up today for the first time in ages.

Mirm - good bargain! Mine are from Gap and they seem a bit roomier today than they did in the changing room. They're also a bit on the short side. However, they will look cute in he spring. I might try and get a more rock and roll pair from Topshop!

Everyone - I strongly recoemd going nuts with your credit card. I also spent a stupid amount in Estée Lauder but my skin now feels great!

Morning Stars :)

Lovely scan pic Fran, congratulations!

Shadowcat, how's it going without the Zofran?

Talking of treating ourselves, it was my birthday on Saturday and DH treated me to a lovely massage at Champneys. He went in and booked it all up for me the day before. So off I went, really looking forward to it. Filled in the paperwork, got called up by the therapist only to be told, "we can't do you because you're less than 3 months pregnant". WHAT???? I explained that my DH had told the lady when he booked how far gone I was and she didn't say anything. Long and short is I didn't get my massage there and was very annoyed. BUT I came home all upset and DH gave me a lovely massage instead ;)

Still feeling a little bit poo but not as bad as 6-7 weeks. Still very consitpated though...last night's dose of Lactulose hasn't produced the goods yet!

Hi All.

Poshie, that's a shame about your massage. I hope your DH got his money back. Happy Birthday! :flower:

The no meds experiment was a bust. I only made it to ten AM that morning before I threw up, so I guess I'll continue taking the meds for the time being. I feel pretty good as long as I keep taking them.

You all have me convinced - I'm definitely going shopping this week! :thumbup:

TT, LOL @ "go nuts with CC"! Never a truer word... :D

Poshie, I'd have been so annoyed at that!! Belated happy birthday though and I hope you had a lovely day otherwise :D

The thought/smell/sight of lactulose is making me gag at the moment, it works but...I just really cannot face it :sick:

Shadowcat, I'm sorry to hear the experiment didn't go to plan. Thank goodness for the meds though!! The MS some of you are describing sounds horrendous :hugs:

Take care everyone xx

Yes, I know what you mean about the Lactulose - it is like eating liquid sugar and the thought makes me feel ill :sick:

Aaaaaaaargh!!!! Still no appointment for booking in. I'm now being told I won't hear when it is until I am 12 weeks!!!

I am in the worst form of rage about this. I don't know what's the right process, who I should ask questions to, what the heck is going on.

I'm so frustrated! I just want some information!

I've just gone and booked a private NT scan. I'm not confident I'll get seen on the NHS for at least another month and I really want to be able to tell people I'm pregnant and just get on with my life. So a private scan seemed like the best option.

I've decided to get the NT test as well, for extra peace of mind. It's obviously not offered to me on the NHS so hey, I guess it is worth the money. Knowing the risks at 12 weeks will be better than finding out later on that there is a problem.

I'll be 11+2 when I get the scan next Thursday... Eek!

Hi TT. Sorry to hear about your lack of nhs service. Still, at least you will get to see bubs next week! :happydance: I am lucky to be getting my NT scan on the nhs, but it does seem to vary so much around the UK. Like you, I'd rather know sooner rather than later if there is any issue.

TT, I'm really glad you've got a light at the end of the tunnel :) How exciting, eek indeed :D

How's everyone else today? :)

Nothing new here, except I've decided that I'm definitely going shopping today. I'm already really tired of wearing unbuttoned, unzipped, belly banded pants!

hi ladies! how are you all? seems a lot of you are having scans soon or have already had them- how fast have the last few weeks gone?? will soon be 2nd tri!! :happydance: my scan isnt until 2 weeks monday, still a long wait. :wacko:
not much to report really, m/s has been bad last few days, being sick every day now where as before was maybe only once a week. All good signs though! ALSO! my good friend at work(who knows about my pregnancy) commented today that she could see a little bump!! was sooo happy to be told i look over weight!!! :haha:

hope you are all well. :kiss:

Hi Ladies,

I've been reading this thread since pretty much the beginning and finally feel ready to join!

I got my BFP on 11th January at 4w2d giving me a due date of 17th September. This is my first pregnancy and so far I'm finding it ok! I've not had any MS, and my only symptoms are tiredness and food aversions. Had to go to the EPAU at 6w3d because of bleeding, a vaginal scan showed I was 6w1d with a measurement of 4.5mm with a heartbeat but they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding, which has since stopped.

I've been finding it interesting that most of you get to see a midwife (or are having problems getting hold of one) and other such things this early, as where I live I don't get anything until my 12 week scan. I will have my booking appointment with the midwife right after. I had to ring up to book my scan last week which is booked for the 2nd March at 8.30am (when I'll be 11w4d) and have been warned that I can expect to be there 3 hours!! Apart from my EPAU visit I won't have seen or spoken to anyone between reporting pregnancy to my GP at 4w3d and my scan, I've been using these forums to answer all my questions.

Sorry for the essay I guess it's what I get for not joining in earlier.

Shadowcat, lol, omg you deserve a treat!! Enjoy the shops :D

JuicyJen, scan in two weeks - exciting! Glad you are well :)

Cookies - hello and welcome :D It continues to surprise me how different things are in diff parts of the country. I had no idea...!

My major achievement of the day was to give a talk to 120 largely disinterested students (and hold their attention throughout!) while feeling utterly nauseous with MS. I don't know quite how I did it but I did. Thank goodness it was only nausea and not actual vomiting LOL :sick:

Take care everyone xx

Hi Ladies,

I've been reading this thread since pretty much the beginning and finally feel ready to join!

I got my BFP on 11th January at 4w2d giving me a due date of 17th September. This is my first pregnancy and so far I'm finding it ok! I've not had any MS, and my only symptoms are tiredness and food aversions. Had to go to the EPAU at 6w3d because of bleeding, a vaginal scan showed I was 6w1d with a measurement of 4.5mm with a heartbeat but they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding, which has since stopped.

I've been finding it interesting that most of you get to see a midwife (or are having problems getting hold of one) and other such things this early, as where I live I don't get anything until my 12 week scan. I will have my booking appointment with the midwife right after. I had to ring up to book my scan last week which is booked for the 2nd March at 8.30am (when I'll be 11w4d) and have been warned that I can expect to be there 3 hours!! Apart from my EPAU visit I won't have seen or spoken to anyone between reporting pregnancy to my GP at 4w3d and my scan, I've been using these forums to answer all my questions.

Sorry for the essay I guess it's what I get for not joining in earlier.

hi cookies!
im feeling nervous now!! i had my scan at 6 wks exactly and only measured 2.5 mm!! argh!! why was mine so much smaller than yours?? :wacko:

Hi Cookies! We get the combined first appointment here too, but it's as late as 15 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting mine so I can stop moaning and move on! The latest is that I will hear when it is sometime in 10 days - 2 weeks.

Aaanyway. I had a pretty good day today. I'm still getting bad sickness but the tiredness is wearing off and I'm feeling more like myself. Had a really good day at work today.

Hope everyone is all right. xx

Hi Cookies, and welcome!

So, I just had to hop back on here tonight and post this, because this is the ONLY place where I'd dare tell anyone....

I was making dinner tonight, when out of nowhere a wave of ms hit me. I ended up throwing up what was left of my lunch in the kitchen sink, and the vomiting made me wet my pants. :dohh: Good thing I was at home and by myself! How embarrassing!!!

This ms has taken a weird turn. I no longer feel constant nausea (yay meds) but every day, a couple of times a day, I'll just feel like vomiting out of nowhere and then I'll feel totally find afterward. Tonight after that happened I went on almost immediately to eat dinner as if nothing had ever happened (after changing my clothes, of course, haha). Weird!

hi cookies!
im feeling nervous now!! i had my scan at 6 wks exactly and only measured 2.5 mm!! argh!! why was mine so much smaller than yours?? :wacko:

Everything grows so quickly at this stage that I would imagine that a day or two would make a big difference to the measurements.

In the early stages a baby can grow like 1mm a day so I wouldn't worry Jen :flower:

Had my booking in appt yesterday, midwife was lovely :) She couldn't do my bloods as it was too late in the day, so I have to go to the practice nurse to get them done in the next week!

Had my exam at college last night - I think I scraped a pass - wish me luck!!

On the symptom front, boobs are still mega sore (and getting heavy!), feeling nauseaus in the morning, but STILL haven't actually been sick. Not as tired any more, but starting to get some headaches and dizzyness - anyone else had this? xx

hi smile! glad u got your apt at last! it makes it seem more real doesn't it? best of luck with your exam results! :flower:
did you get a date for your scan? mine is 2 weeks monday, feels like forever away! i bet your feeling happier now your symptoms are back! my boobs aren't quite as sore now, only really when taking my bra off or walking down a hill/slope for some reason!! they have def grown though! i havent had any headaches or dizziness, just m/s that seems different everyday!! :wacko:

cant wait for 2nd tri now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->