September Stars

Tinytabby and Poshie, how did your appointments go?

Mine is in an hour and I am SO nervous!!!! I'm also really annoyed that I asked for the morning off (I'm a nanny) but the parents couldn't swing it, so I have to go to my first appointment with the 6 month old. :dohh: I can only imagine what people will be thinking, haha.

Hello Shadowcat. :lol: at turning up with a 6 month old to your appt! They will be thinking 'she didn't waste any time!' ;)

My appt turned out not to be a booking in appt! I went armed with my wee sample and prepared for blood tests. It was just a hello good to meet you type meeting with the midwife and we did the paperwork for my NT scan. My full on appt is scheduled for 9 Feb, so next week.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all your good wishes. My baby is fine! I saw the heartbeat and its little arms and legs moving. So amazing. We're so happy.

Not sure what to do next. Next appointment is still 12-15 weeks, so I still need to decide whether to pay for my own NT scan/blood test.

Still, I am over the moon!

Tinytabby, that's great news!

Poshie, that's disappointing...but at least you have next week to look forward to. What's an NT scan?

Well, my appointment went well!!! Little bean is measuring bang on for the date, and the little heart was beating away at 182bpm. :happydance: I have another appt scheduled for February 28th, where they'll listen for the hb externally. I guess now I'll worry about that for the next month.

Everyone else, you're awfully quiet - how are you all doing?

TT, that's great news, what a relief :hugs:

Sounds like you had a reassuring scan too Shadow, excellent news :happydance:

NT = nuchal translucency. In England we are offered either a straight forward dating scan or nt scan and bloods at 12 weeks ish. The NT is a scan where they measure the fluid on baby's neck and combine this with blood results, maternal age etc to give you a risk for downs syndrome.

Shadowcat and Poshie - thanks! We are so stoked. Just went out for dinner with some family and it was great.

Shadowcat - glad the scan went well. It's so exciting!

My symptoms are fading again :shrug: Just wish I could have an early scan to make sure everything is okay! :hissy:

My symptoms are fading again :shrug: Just wish I could have an early scan to make sure everything is okay! :hissy:

hi smile, dont worry im sure everything is absolutely fine, :flower: some days my symptoms are worse than others, yesterday pm i felt so awful hubby had to do the tea, washing up and put washing to dry, all i could do was lie still i felt so sick, but this morning i feel almost human! only had a couple of gags and managed a whole bowl of cereal! just take a deep breath and keep calm. whens your first mw appointment? talking to her might help reassure you. :kiss:

I'm not even gagging anymore :shrug:

Don't have an appt with mw's yet - I'm waiting for them to call me back to arrange one. Just sick of waiting now lol The thought of waiting another 4/5 weeks for a scan is killing me! Especially when I don't really 'feel' pregnant anymore - my bloat is going down, my symptoms aren't as strong...I don't like being worried lol x

congratulations to everyone who has had a scan this week! its so amazing isnt it to see your little one for the first time? after my mw appointment my scan is booked for 27th feb- cant wait! praying my bean has been cooking nicely since my first scan.
so hows everyone feeling symptom wise this week? some days are worse than others for me at the moment, and evening tea-time ish is when i feel the worst. boobs are still painful, feel bruised more than sore or sensitive?

I'm not even gagging anymore :shrug:

Don't have an appt with mw's yet - I'm waiting for them to call me back to arrange one. Just sick of waiting now lol The thought of waiting another 4/5 weeks for a scan is killing me! Especially when I don't really 'feel' pregnant anymore - my bloat is going down, my symptoms aren't as strong...I don't like being worried lol x

ahh hun, its only natural to be worried, couldnt you ring your surgery and chase up your appointment? or just go see your GP? he might be able to get you an earlier scan if you say how worried you are? try not to panic. the odds are in your favour, we are 8 weeks friday. :hugs:

Well I only managed to get hold of them yesterday, so I haven't been waiting a long time for a call back :haha:

I don't think my GP would do anything though, cause I'm worrying for no reason I guess. I've had no bleeding/spotting or pains (other than some cramping) so they'd just say there's no reason to scan me early. It has been suggested to me that I should just ring up EPU and lie, but I couldn't do that - it wouldn't be fair to all the other ladies that go in when there is actually something wrong! x

I think it's really normal for symptoms to fluctuate. I feel more sick some days than others, and my boobs aren't sore any more at all now. I'm not as tired anymore either. Now, if only the ms would go away! Spent all morning heaving up nothing as I hadn't eaten anything yet...gross.

Smile, I totally understand your feelings. Does it normally take a long time to hear back from the mw? If it were me, I'd be calling them every other day. It seems like everything is a waiting game now, doesn't it? I spent yesterday feeling relieved, and now I'm already worrying about my next appointment on the 28th. :p

I have no idea with the mw shadowcat :shrug: I called them yesterday (after a week of trying to get hold of them) and they said that someone would call me to arrange a home visit - but they didn't specify WHEN they'd call! :dohh:

Yep - waaay too much waiting for my liking! :haha:

Hey ladies. It's the waiting that's worst isn't it. That's why I went for an early scan because I had to know all was okay (but this is partly due to previous mc so I'm particularly paranoid). As for symptoms, some days are better than others. Mornings seem to be best for me and my ill feeling worsens during the day, peaking in the afternoon. I haven't had sore boobs at all yet! My main symptoms are constipation and feeling ill. The feeling ill has got a bit better over the past week but hasn't quite gone away. Try not to worry, I know symptoms can come and go :hugs:

What Poshie said!

I'd really like to have a day off symptoms now, although I remember how freaked out I was the last time I had a symptom free day.

This morning the security guard came to see if I was ok because I was throwing up so violently!

Hello TT :) Ooop that must have been a bit awkward re the security guard! Did this happen outside? What did you say?

Hi everyone :)

Just checking in, nothing really to report, except I think MS may have started, it can be a vague feeling of potential sickness rather than actual vomiting, right? For example, I have always been a big coffee drinker but the idea/smell of a cup now turns my stomach. Also I've been getting waves of nausea, as though if I drank a pint of water I'd definitely be sick. Does this sound like ms??? It's just been the last few days and mid-late afternoon time - like now!!

I hope everyone's doing ok. I'm so happy for those who've had their first MW appts and scans. :) Our mw appt isn't until 14th Feb, and the scan'll be 2-3 weeks afterwards. Ah well, I'm sure it's all fine :)

Oh - nearly forgot - yesterday morning for absolutely no reason I was in floods of tears, utterly uncontrollable, for about an hour and a half. No idea what triggered it, I was aware of how ridiculous it was, it was so strange! Hormones........!!!!! Thanks goodness I work from home! :)

Anyway, take care everyone xx

Hi Poshie! No, I was in the ladies but you can hear that from reception. He was outside and was most concerned. I told him I was preggers and he was awfully embarrassed!

Hey Mirm that sounds exactly like the onset of ms. Congrats and condolences!

Glad to hear the scans are going well ladies! Sorry for those of you who have to wait a little longer, but I'm sure all will be fine!

As much as I don't want anyone else to be worried, it does make me feel a little less crazy for all of my worries...hubby thinks I've lost my mind, freaking out about every little thing. This is so wonderful, but so stressful too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->