September Stars

Hi ladies!!

Sorry for late posting. I've been on a whirlwind journey since wednesday at the scan.

Baby was wriggling around and kicking it's feet, and we heard the heartbeat.
It was fabulous to see. It hadn't really sunk in until then that I was pregnant, other than the ms!! ha ha!
Due date according to doctor is 28th Aug! Little early, but he'll know better than me!!

I told my parents and they are delighted! Couldn't help but have a wee cry afterwards, just felt emotional as they were so happy with the news!

Drove to Aberdeen to see my sister and tell her the news. She was very happy too.

Told work on Thursday. It was well received there and everyone has been lovely!

Everyone has been very shocked at our news, as we've never made any noise about wanting to be parents. The time just felt right, and here we are.

Hubby is so very excited and I love that he's attempting to help me with everything in the house, including the cleaning!!

I am keeping well. Slight nausea again this week, but nothing compared to the previous weeks!

Hope you are all well. I've attached a wee piccy!

Milly xxx

Attachments

• bub.jpg
    bub.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
Oh jen, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you for the next two weeks. Hopefully you'll be just fine this time. Feeling sick is good, yes? :hugs:

tinytabby, maybe I'll try the prune juice thing too. How does that taste?

Today is an exciting day - we're FINALLY telling DH's family! We'll be seeing them for an early dinner for my son's birthday, so we plan to tell them then. After today both families will know, and then when we're comfortable we can tell everyone else (thinking of waiting another week or so for that).

ETA: Milly, we posted at the same time, so I just saw yours - CONGRATS! How wonderful, and what a great scan pic. :)

Hi ladies!!

Sorry for late posting. I've been on a whirlwind journey since wednesday at the scan.

Baby was wriggling around and kicking it's feet, and we heard the heartbeat.
It was fabulous to see. It hadn't really sunk in until then that I was pregnant, other than the ms!! ha ha!
Due date according to doctor is 28th Aug! Little early, but he'll know better than me!!

I told my parents and they are delighted! Couldn't help but have a wee cry afterwards, just felt emotional as they were so happy with the news!

Drove to Aberdeen to see my sister and tell her the news. She was very happy too.

Told work on Thursday. It was well received there and everyone has been lovely!

Everyone has been very shocked at our news, as we've never made any noise about wanting to be parents. The time just felt right, and here we are.

Hubby is so very excited and I love that he's attempting to help me with everything in the house, including the cleaning!!

I am keeping well. Slight nausea again this week, but nothing compared to the previous weeks!

Hope you are all well. I've attached a wee piccy!

Milly xxx

lovely pic milly! x x x

thanx shadow! enjoy telling the family your happy news! x x x

Hey Milly, that's great news. Lovely picture too.

Shadowcat, it tastes like you'd expect. It's quite thick. A bit like molasses. I just thought I'd try natural before I went for the lactulose (altho I've got a giant bottle of that just in case!)

I'm beating myself up this afternoon. Was full of plans to tidy up but when I got up I felt so sick and tired that I just took myself off back to bed. I'm getting seriously fed up of feeling rubbish and not having any energy at the weekend.

Evening ladies :)

Great news on your scan milly and a lovely response from your family upon hearing the news ;)

TT- I have tried prune juice when i was pg with my son, but really couldn't get on with it :sick: How much do you drink?

Jen, I can understand you getting nervous at those critical times :hugs: illness varies from day to day too and often within the same day. I have to say though that feeling this way gives me confidence that baby will be ok.

Hi all,

How exciting seeing scans and hearing about appts! Glad that people are starting to feel a bit better *fingers crossed*

Tinytabby, I read your post and laughed - I'm exactly the same, weekends at the moment are for resting and very little else! Saturday was heavenly, read the papers and pregnancy books and dozed all day on the sofa. :cloud9: I keep telling myself I won't be able to do this in a year's time so I should take advantage of it now LOL

My midwife booking in appt is tomorrow. I know it'll be quite admin-y but we're still excited, makes it feel more "real" :D

Take care everyone xx

Hi Everyone. How's your day going?

I am SO sick. Have been all weekend. I was under the impression that this ms was supposed to be getting BETTER, not worse!! Especially since I'm taking double the dose of meds now!

I'm starting to get concerned that I'm not going to be getting enough food in for the baby. I know that the placenta kicks in soon, and I'm lucky if I'm able to keep down my breakfast for the whole day - I generally throw up anything that I eat after about ten am. :sick: I've lost 9 lbs now! I'm in unfamiliar territory here since I never had it this bad with my other children.

What do you all think?

Shadowcat...:hugs: omg, you poor thing, I didn't realise it had got worse and was still so bad... Can you go back to your Dr and explain just how bad it is? I'd be worried too, my gosh. Bless you, thinking of you :hugs:

Shadowcat, I fully sympathise. I couldn't keep much food down all weekend. I'm definitely worse :-(. I'm not really keen on taking medication but I've been thinking about it, and if I'd lost 9 pounds I'd definitely be looking for help from my doctor.

Poshie, I don't mind the prune juice, it's not really a nice drink, but it's ok in small glasses!

I had a red, clotty bleed on Saturday. It was really short, and I've not been any less sick do I'm not too worried. I think I'm just a bleeder! Going back into the epu to get checked out tomorrow though. Fingers crossed all is well. I think I'll put my NT scan back a week if all's well, space the scans out a bit.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Really can't wait to get past this first trimester!!

Ps good luck with the MW appointment, Mirm. We expect a full report!

hi shadow, so sorry to hear your feeling so ill. i was in tears sunday after only being sick twice, so cant imagine how you must be feeling. :hugs:
tabby, hope everything has settled down now re your bleed. you are being so brave!! good luck tomorrow at EPU :flower:
poshie thanks for helping reassure me! im just taking it a day at a time and cant wait til im in week 11 when i will feel "safer!"

Thanks Jen. I dunno if I'm being brave, I'm just trying to think positive. :)

Tinytabby, please let us know how it goes! Hope everything is ok.

Just got back from my scan and everything is fine!

There was a small pocket of blood where the placenta is attaching itself to the uterus wall. This is fine. They said I might have a bit more bleeding or it would just be reabsorbed.

Baby was so lively they couldn't get a decent shot... He/she is all arms and legs. They also measured him/her bigger than before - 4 days ahead of the LMP due date so now it's the 1st of September. That will be all the chips I've been eating!

Hope this helps to reassure others that red blood and clots isn't always the end of the world. I wish I had actually gone to sleep last night instead of worrying so much.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hey, great news TT :happydance: So glad the scan went well and bean is doing great :D x

That's fantastic news, Tinytabby! So glad to hear it. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. :flower: Today is my oldest son's 11th birthday as well. We're going out to dinner this evening - hope I can find something tolerable to eat!

How is everyone today?

Hi Shadow. I'm usual, feeling pretty ill but not sick. Really hoping this goes very soon. I'm sure you have had enough too, I know you've got it bad! Looking forward to getting home tonight after a late finish yesterday. 11 weeks today so 2 weeks til my NT scan :D

Hi, Im new to the website but Im due the 18th of September :) Nice to meet everyone.

Hi and welcome. :) Is your avatar an actual pic of you? If so (and I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable by saying so) then my goodness, you are beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->