September Stars

Hi and welcome. :) Is your avatar an actual pic of you? If so (and I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable by saying so) then my goodness, you are beautiful!
Haha yes it is an actual picture of me and Thank you so much :) Its really nice to hear that when being pregnant sometimes feels like your not that good looking :/
When are you due in september? :) Im due Sept. 18

hi mummy and welcome! :hi:
tabby, thats such good news about your scan! really pleased for you!
hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. :flower:
is anyone experiencing lower back pain? its not like period pains or anything like that so im not worried, but it is so uncomfortable and sore, difficult to find a position to sleep at night! :nope:

Hi everyone :)

Welcome, mummyat18! :D

Tinytabby, so pleased to hear everything was fine :) Yay!

Jen, I had that last week! So frustrating not being to get comfortable :( Fx it goes back to normal soon.

Shadowcat, I hope you were able to enjoy the meal! How is it going with the new dosage?

So, I had my booking in appt with the midwife yesterday. We were really looking forward to it but omg it's admin, pure admin lol. We were amazed at the qs they ask, including a whole form about domestic violence?! We both had to sign to say we had never been a perpetrator or victim of DV - wasn't expecting that at all!! She was quite excited by the fact that I have diabetes types 1 and 2 in my family though and I'll have to go for a sugar tolerance test during the pregnancy. She didn't take any samples, apprently that happens at my next appt at the hospital and they'll do the 12 week scan at the same time. I'm waiting on a letter to confirm when that'll be. All in, a disappointing 50 minutes....lol.

I hope everyone's having a good Wednesday :D xx

Hi Mirm, sounds useful, if not very exciting - it's good to know what to expect as well. I still haven't heard when my booking in appointment is. At the hospital yesterday they said my notes were at an entirely different hospital on the other side of the city, so that was a bit alarming.

How's everyone today?

I am still so sick. I've thrown up twice this morning already. I have bought Sea Bands and I don't think they do anything really, except make me feel a bit more energetic. The people at the hospital said I could ask for medication but they discouraged it as they said there's lots of side effects (including constipation, which is already bad enough), don't take unnecessary drugs during pregnancy and besides sickness should be over within a month or so.

A month more of this and I will be certifiable!

I think I will give it a week and then decide what to do. I took Monday off work and then worked from home yesterday afternoon and today. However, my work doesn't really feel comfortable with this and the pressure is on either to just come in to the office or get myself signed off. Huh. If they want me there retching away loudly all day, that's what they can have.

However, I am just totally chuffed that baby is doing so well, even if it is trying to kill me in the process. I've moved my NT scan back a week so that I'll see him/her a bit bigger next time, so that's next Thursday. Hopefully he/she will keep still long enough for the sonographer to get all the measurements done right.

Mirm, sorry that your visit was a disappointment. At least your next one will be exciting. :)

The new dosage isn't helping. I've now progressed to throwing up every time I eat anything, ever...and also if I drink more than a couple of sips of anything. I keep telling myself that it'll (hopefully) get better in a week or two! Meanwhile, I'm headed to the store today for some Gatorade, because I'm feeling really dehydrated. I feel like I'm complaining a LOT about this - I hope I'm not annoying you ladies. If I am, then someone speak up and I'll stop. :blush:

Jen, I've had some lb pain as well...mostly on one side. Have you had any of the stretching pains in front yet? I'm starting to get those as well.

Mummy, I'm due September 8th.

Poshie, your scan day will be here before you know it - I wish I was having another one, but I don't get one again until April!

Hope you all are having a great day!

Shadowcat, talk about your sickness all you like - I am! This is somewhere people actually understand and sympathise about it.

Aren't there any other drugs you can try? You shouldn't be so sick you're so dehydrated.

hi mummy and welcome! :hi:
tabby, thats such good news about your scan! really pleased for you!
hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. :flower:
is anyone experiencing lower back pain? its not like period pains or anything like that so im not worried, but it is so uncomfortable and sore, difficult to find a position to sleep at night! :nope:
YES! i have alot of back pain actually which i dont understand cause 9 weeks isnt far along. My friend says its cause your ribs are expanding and such for the baby. whether or not i have now added an extra 3 pillows on my bed. :p

glad im not the only one with the back pain! its now starting to move down my left thigh! ouch!! sorry to hear that some of you are really still suffering with sickness, mine seems to be getting slowly better, with more good days than bad. x x x

My morning sickness has been going away gladly :) although i still cant eat certain foods and Smoke is something i absolutely cant stand. I used to smoke all the time and so did the FOB but i quit cold turkey first day i found out i was pregnant and now i hate it. Gladly the FOB is trying to quit :)

Ok, I'm going to say this very, very quietly so that the universe doesn't hear me....but...

I haven't felt sick all day long! I haven't had any meds today either. Shhhhh.....

Ok, I'm going to say this very, very quietly so that the universe doesn't hear me....but...

I haven't felt sick all day long! I haven't had any meds today either. Shhhhh.....

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Fx!! :D

Me either :p my prenatal pills tend to make me sick. I always take them at night so i sleep it off :)

Jen, I haven't had any back pain yet. I have had horrible stitch type twinges in my womb area at night sometimes when I move position.

TT - sorry you still seem to be suffering so badly :hugs: Really hope it eases off for you very soon - it should do.

Shadowcat, that sounds like great news on the sickness! Hope it has stayed that way for you since your post?

My illness has eased off some and I am hoping it continues that way rapidly now so that it gone by the time I hit 12 weeks. Yes I know, I will probably miss it in a way (reassurance) but I'm going to be positive that everything will be okay. ;)

New symptom for me is a touch of heartburn. Now it's not bad at all and has only happened a couple of times at night. I had it really badly in third tri with my son, so I really hope it doesn't start early this time.

Mirm - can't believe you were asked domestic violence questions!? That never came up during my booking in appt.

So does anybody have any exciting news or appointments coming up?

Hi Girls :)

Had some bleeding yesterday :nope: EPU rang me back this morning and arranged a scan for monday at 11:40 - fingers crossed everything is okay!

Hope everyone else is well xx

Sorry to hear this Smile :( I bet Monday can't come round quick enough. I am sure everything will be fine, it seems many people have a bleed of some sort during pregnancy and all turns out ok :hugs: Are you having cramps, or just a bit of blood when you wipe?

Nope, not had any blood since yesterday. And it was just in my knickers, not when I wiped! So I'm holding out hope that there won't be any more.

Wishing the next 3 days away now!

Hi Ladies!!!

Please add yourselves to the September Due Date List so that we can find bump buddies and keep track of each others' progress!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-buddies/883076-september-due-dates-2012-list.html#post15603189

Thank you :)

Hey Smile, sorry to hear about the bleed. I've had a few like that and although it's scary each time it's been fine. Hope youre ok. Keep positive. It's quite common.

Thanks hun, its definitely reassuring to hear from the girls that have been through it and had positive results xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->