September Stars

Smile, I'm sure it'll be ok. I've never understood why they schedule these things several days out - they HAVE to know that we worry the whole time we're waiting. Try to relax as much as you can. :hugs: to you.

Poshie, so far, so good with me. Yesterday felt like someone flipped my switch back to "normal" - it was really bizarre considering the fact that I was terribly sick the day/night before. Today (so far) I feel pretty good. Wow, I really hope this continues. I'm glad you hear you're feeling better as well. Maybe there's hope for all of us! Tinytabby, hopefully you'll be next!

I'm wondering if that means that the placenta is now doing its job? I think I've read that that's why the sickness eases off - because there are less hormones when the placenta kicks in. Does that sound right?

Mummyat18, my Dr. told me that if the prenatals made my illness worse, that it was better to just stop taking them for awhile. I've been taking children's chewable vitamins instead. :haha:

hey smile,
hope you doing ok, keep positive hun, im sure you will be fine. you have had loads of symptoms and are 10 weeks tomorrow! x x x x

I know, double figures! :D

Just keeping everything crossed xx

hi there :hi:

im kiwinbump1404 ive just joined bnb today so new to this so if i say something silly be nice lol. :laugh2:.this my first everything seems to be ok at the moment but then again i dont really know to except so any advice would be great. im 10 weeks today

its lovely to know that there are some lovely ladies due around da same time and going thru the same things

hope u r all keeping well :hugs:

I'm sure everything will be fine hun. I had bleeding for one day when I was around 8 weeks, I was absolutely terrified and prepared myself for the worst, but by the next day it had reduced to just a brown tinge when I wiped, and then the day after it was gone completely.

I spoke to my doctor and midwife about the bleeding and they said it was probably implantation bleeding (I never knew you could get implantation bleeding that late, but apparently so!), they assured me it was very common and nothing to worry about.

Fingers crossed everything goes well for you at your scan, though I'm sure it will.

hi there :hi:

im kiwinbump1404 ive just joined bnb today so new to this so if i say something silly be nice lol. :laugh2:.this my first everything seems to be ok at the moment but then again i dont really know to except so any advice would be great. im 10 weeks today

its lovely to know that there are some lovely ladies due around da same time and going thru the same things

hope u r all keeping well :hugs:

Hi Kiwi, welcome to Baby & Bump and congrats on your pregnancy! :)

Smile, I'm sure it'll be ok. I've never understood why they schedule these things several days out - they HAVE to know that we worry the whole time we're waiting. Try to relax as much as you can. :hugs: to you.

Poshie, so far, so good with me. Yesterday felt like someone flipped my switch back to "normal" - it was really bizarre considering the fact that I was terribly sick the day/night before. Today (so far) I feel pretty good. Wow, I really hope this continues. I'm glad you hear you're feeling better as well. Maybe there's hope for all of us! Tinytabby, hopefully you'll be next!

I'm wondering if that means that the placenta is now doing its job? I think I've read that that's why the sickness eases off - because there are less hormones when the placenta kicks in. Does that sound right?

Mummyat18, my Dr. told me that if the prenatals made my illness worse, that it was better to just stop taking them for awhile. I've been taking children's chewable vitamins instead. :haha:
Really?! haha id so much rather eat kids vitamins :p they taste so good and prenatal pills are just not great tasting. Maybe ill try that!

I'm pretty sure my prenatals are a contributing factor to my constipation - do you suffer from this too mummyat18?

I'm pretty sure my prenatals are a contributing factor to my constipation - do you suffer from this too mummyat18?
Luckily no i havent expereinced constipation. But when i take them i find i am very lathargic and in no mood to do anything. Also they make me feel very sick like i want to throw up. :s

Welcome, Kiwi! :flower:

Helen, I think I put my due date on that September list a few days ago. I'll have to go and check. I know there are three or four threads for September floating around.

Welcome to Kiwi and hello to you all.

How's everyone today?

I had a bad headache - I have had one on every other Thursday since I got pregnant. Dunno what that is all about but paracetamol doesn't touch it so I've been dying to take ibuprofen. Argh. Bought 4head to see how that worked - it's OK, doesn't stop the pain but it feels quite nice.

The good news is that I have stopped retching and dry heaving all day! Hooray! I'm still puking from 6am-9am ish though. I don't know if it is a coincidence but i bought Sea Bands on Tuesday and since then the all day carsick feeling has gone. So it's either a placebo or it actually works, or my symptoms are decreasing. Don't know. I'm just relieved the heaves have gone!

The other thing today was that I 'came out' at work and on Facebook. Had the HR chat and that was great, and lots of people were really nice. It's such a relief to have told people. I was beginning to worry that people thought I was being weird and rude and antisocial.

I'm going to tell my granny on Sunday - that will be the big one! I'm not sure whether she will approve of me being an unmarried mother! Even though my OH and I are very together...

Happy Friday everyone!

TT, so glad that you're feeling a bit better. I know you've had it pretty bad. Good luck telling your Grandmother, I hope she's excited and happy.

We haven't "come out" on facebook yet. I was planning to do it this week, but we have been planning to do it via some special photos, and the weather has been too gray and rainy to take them yet. Hopefully we'll get it done this weekend and I'll post them on Monday.

11 weeks tomorrow! I'm almost a lime - I can't believe it! :happydance:

How's everyone else today?

Hi ladies!! :flower:

How is everyone keeping?

Not been on here much cos been off for a few days with hubby.

We've been looking at cots, prams, etc to get a feel for costs and what styles are out there.
My hubby is very excited and wanted to buy a pram, car seat and a cot yesterday. Told him it was a little early to be buying stuff. He kinda when in the huff!! ha ha! :haha:

He's happier today - until I saw my gran. She's a bitter old witch (honestly, she's just not a nice lady!). She told me our news was a very big shock. I knew she was having a dig, so just told her that we'll get on with it just like anyone else. Hubby thought I was trying to say that it was a mistake and that we weren't trying. I told him he's taken what I've said out of context. I just wasn't going to let her wind me up in any way. (just so you understand - my gran told me after my wedding that my pictures would have looked better if I'd lost weight :wacko: - she's just plain evil)

Anyways, he's starting to speak to me again. :happydance: Thought I was in the doghouse for the rest of the week! :dohh:

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

And careful what you say - clearly us ladies are not the only hormonal ones!!!! :haha:

:hugs::kiss:

Hi all,

Glad to hear that people are starting to feel better and less nauseous *touch wood* :)

Yay, how exciting telling ppl! Although millybum I'm sorry your gran reacted like that, how unnecessary :hugs: Glad that hubby is coming round sooner than expected :D

My symptoms seem to be dying down here too, haven't felt nausea at all for 2-3 days, my energy levels are rising, food aversions disappearing...weeee :D I feel "normal"! So, physically I'm doing great but I've started worrying instead lol. Mainly about post-natal depression (my mum had it) and to screen or not to screen. There's a lot to consider. :shrug:

Also, we went through my maternity notes this morning and the mw recorded my EDD as 17th September, but it's actually 14th Sept (as per NHS calculator + others). I think she used LMP 12/12 instead of 9/12. Does this matter or is it no big deal? At the risk of sounding like whatever the pre-natal equivalent is of a bridezilla, I kinda want my notes to be perfect lol. I'd welcome your thoughts :)

Take care all and have a great weekend xx

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say that we went public today. DH and I put up the photo announcement on facebook this morning! :happydance: It's SUCH a relief to not have to keep it a secret anymore!!!

Oh, ps - I went grocery shopping yesterday and kept eyeballing the limes. Haha!

Hi everyone, hope you're all ok :flow:

Got my scan today :wacko: praying everything is okay in there and my bleed last week was nothing to worry about x

hi smile!
will be be thinking of you 2day, let us know how you get on, im sure everything will be just fine.:hugs: and you will be posting a pic of your lil bean on here later on!! x x x x

Thanks Jen, I hope so too!

If everything is okay, do you think they'll give me a photo?? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"