September Stars

Poshie, that's so great! I wish I didn't have to wait until 20 weeks for another chance to see our little one. We will get to hear the hb though. :happydance: I think our appointments have matched up, date wise, so far.

Thanks ladies, I am getting more excited about Tuesday now :happydance:

That's pants that you have to wait sooo long for a scan Shadowcat - is that normal practice?

Poshie, yep, unless there's an issue, we get one at 8'ish weeks and 20 weeks, and maybe one more later the last trimester to make sure that baby is in the right position for delivery. I had one at 13 weeks with my youngest because they couldn't find the heartbeat in the office on the doppler. I hope we don't have that problem again, I don't care for panic attacks!

How's everyone today? I won't be on any more today, I'm going out of town to visit my mother and to help throw a friend's baby shower. I'll see you all on Monday. Hope you all have a nice weekend. :hugs:

Ps - The fruit ticker is interesting. I always thought that a lime was larger than a plum?

hey everyone! hope your all enjoying the weekend.
well, its my scan tomorrow! i am feeling so nervous! i know i wont sleep a wink tonight! trying to be positive but finding it really hard! :wacko:

Good luck for this morning Jen, I hope everything goes well. :)

I'm quite excited this week as I'm a lime and I'm going for my scan Friday. I'm feeling generally good about it, but will all of a sudden be overcome with fear that they will tell me something's gone wrong. I have to reason with myself then that everything was fine at 6 weeks, and I've had no symptoms since then to suggest anything's wrong.

Jen - best of luck for your scan hun.....do let us know how you get on :hugs:

Cookies - congratulations on reaching lime stage! Scans are always nerve wracking - best of luck with yours on Friday. It seems we have at least 3 scans this week - Jen today, me tomorrow and you on Friday ;)

Shadow - I said the exact same thing last week about the lime being bigger than a plum - at least the ones I know are. I wonder what I will change up to tomorrow?

Hi All!

Jen, did you have your scan yet? How'd it go? I hope it was great.

Poshie, I think you'll be a peach next, right?

Cookies, yay for being a lime! I remember when I was 4-5 weeks and feeling like the lime stage would NEVER get here. I can't believe how fast we all seem to be progressing. It'll be September before we can turn around, ladies. :)

How is everyone feeling? I've gone from vomiting 12 times per day to about once every two or three days. I haven't had any meds in two weeks! I've found that I feel much better if I stay hydrated (I've had about twenty gallons of Gatorade in the last two weeks) and if I make sure to eat something immediately upon waking up. I didn't have time this morning to do either and had a "lovely" bout of dry heaves before breakfast. Ugh.

So, is anyone else besides me feeling decidedly "in between", forum wise? I don't feel like I really belong in the first tri section anymore, because everyone seems to be newly pg. However, I'm not quite ready for second tri yet either. I have been peeking in there now and again though.

I'm having a crappy afternoon :( I get so tired towards lunch time, but obvs can't have a nap at work so have to tough it out. I get so teary and grumpy in the afternoon but I can't help it!

I don't feel first tri anymore but people keep on making the comments 'oh it's still early yet' etc which makes me feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit? x

Hello ladies. No news from Jen yet....hope no news is good news, I'm sure it is.

Shadow, sounds like your sickness is easing off. I'm pretty sure mine has too, as of last week. Not 100% normal yet, but getting better. I'm using the logic that the placenta is taking over now and making me feel a bit better?

I definitely feel a bit in limbo. I think it's partly because alot of the first tri forum are posts about newly pregnant ladies who are experiencing early days stuff. I will probably move to 2nd tri at 13 weeks, but that's actually tomorrow! :shock:

Yep, your placenta should have taken over by now Poshie! Can't wait til mine does :haha: If I'm going by my scan dates then I'm 12 weeks on wednesday so fingers crossed I get some energy back then

Sorry, I was supposed to say in my last post Smile, sorry you are suffering :hugs: Yes, hopefully yours should tail over over the next week and you can start to feel vaguely normal again!

It is really awful when you are at work, trying to appear normal whilst feeling like absolute crap. I honestly don't know how I managed to stay at work some days. Hope the day goes quickly for you x

Shadow - you know what? I haven't even peeked into 2nd tri yet! Going to have a little look now.....:shhh:

hey everyone!
scan went great!! :happydance: baby was perfect! fast asleep though, i had to get up and do a little wiggle to get him to stretch out to be measured! :haha: measured 2 inches and my due date has moved forward to 12th september, so will be 12 weeks wednesday!
so happy! x x x

Aw Jen, as if we've both been pushed forward the same! Haha we're new due date buddies again :haha:

So glad everything went well xx

Yay Jen, that's great news!

Good luck with the scan tomorrow, Poshie!

I think I'm a bit like you Shadowcat with the sickness. Didn't puke at all yesterday - had an amazingly normal day actually, but then was hurling away as usual this morning. Hope it's on the wane. My placenta should have taken over by now!! However my sister was sick till she was 15-16 weeks so maybe I'll be like her...

I've said hello in the 2nd tri newbies thread but am still stalking otherwise. I agree though, I think I'm ready for the move, I was also waiting till tomorrow.

Got my NCT membership stuff through the post today. All the info in the magazine feels very alien! All about babies and childbirth and breast feeding and stuff. Eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->