September Stars

I'm not sure if i've felt any movement yet, it felt like I had something bouncing on my cervix at the weekend though, quite painful.

I had a call from my ante-natal clinic yesterday, the results from my visit on Friday are showing that I have a water infection. My hubby has the job of going to get my prescription for antibiotics this afternoon because I'm stuck in work. I feel so sorry for him sometimes, yesterday I had in fetching cake on his way home from work.!

On another subject do any of you have trouble with seatbelts when in the car? I know the advice is to place the seatbelt under the bump when pregnant, but since I don't have one yet, it keeps riding up or twisting all the time. I'm finding that I'm constantly pulling at it to move it, and it's rather distracting. I've seen the bump belts on the mothercare and amazon, and I'm considering buying one as their only £20, but I'm unsure as to whether they would be any good if I was in an accident.

Oh, I hope your infection clears up soon! I know what you mean about helpful men - mine is always sorting things out for me! I feel a bit guilty about it... Not enough to worry much though!

I don't know about seatbelts - I just had a wee look on the web and it says the lap strap should be firmly across your lap under the bump, which makes sense, but the diagonal one should be around your bump. Which way around? I don't think my bump is big enough to hold the strap in any kind of position except straight over my bump at the moment - but when it is I don't know how I would do it.

We don't have a car so I probably wouldn't get a maternity one - but if you are in the car a lot it might make sense. I don't think they would sell them if they were not safe.

I've definitely felt some movement (this is my third). It happens mostly at night or if I'm sitting hunched over. I think baby doesn't like to be squished. :)

Hello ladies.

On the movement question, no, I can't say I have felt anything yet. I think I will recognise easier this time, having been through pg before. It is like a twitching, bubbling type sensation to start with and then it becomes more noticeable actual kicks and movement. Very bizarre later on when you see an 'alien' moving inside you! :shock:

No advice on the seat belt situation, sorry. My seat belt wasn't an issue in my first pregnancy and hasn't presented any issues this time so far. As long as you are comfortable (and safe) that's the main thing.

LH - Sorry to hear you have a water infection - hope that clears quickly .

I got the results from my combined test yesterday (so just one week) by letter. It came back low risk at 1:6037 so I'll take those odds. :D

Oh and apparently, if you have a posterior placenta (rather than an anterior) you should be able to feel movement and find heartbeat a bit easier ;)

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

Nothing much going on here. I've felt pretty good this week after a rough weekend. I hope the coming weekend will be ok as well. I have been slowly able to eat some meat again here and there...something that has made me totally ill since week six! I had a steak the other night, and yesterday I just HAD to have a bologna sandwich and a dill pickle for lunch. :haha:

How do you know whether your placenta is anterior or posterior? I've had two ultrasounds and the Dr. hasn't mentioned it.

Hello Shadow. Internet has been down all day so far and only just come back up.
Glad you have been feeling better of late, that is good news. I had been feeling pretty good but today not so much......think this is partly due to tiredness.

I asked the ultrasonographer where my placenta was at my last scan. I don't think they'll mention it unless you ask. They do however, check the placenta position at our later 20 week scan, to rule out placenta previa (where the placenta is low lying and blockign cervix which makes birth difficult).

Is this a silly question - does the placenta move around a bit?

Glad you're feeling better Shadowcat. I had a big chorizo sandwich today for lunch - it was great. Haven't been sick for 2 days - still get bouts of nausea tho.

Went maternity shopping again as I'm wearing skirts around my armpits at the moment. Bought a denim skirt and a dress from Gap. Paid full price, but got home to find they had sale stickers on them. Argh!!

I'm definitely starting to look pregnant now. It's quite a weird feeling, looking in the mirror!

I've had to wear maternity stuff for a few weeks now. I have a party to go to tonight and I have NOTHING to wear. Oh darn, I guess I'll have to go shopping today. :winkwink:

I didn't know that the Gap carried mat stuff. Maybe I'll check it out.

Hey, Shadowcat, that not-having-anything-to-wear feeling is horrible - hope you find something!

Gap's maternity stuff is quite good because it's mostly just maternity versions of what they sell anyway. I've noticed a lot of other places' ranges are a bit weird and not what you would normally wear. (I have a fair bit of Gap stuff anyway as I'm all about jeans and t-shirts...)

The not being sick thing only lasted 2 days. I was projectile vomiting at 6am this morning. Aaargh! Why? :nope:

I'm starting to get excited about my booking in appointment on Monday. Hope they still do my dating scan even though I'm a bit further along - might be able to guess whether Sugarlump is a boy or a girl!

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend xxx

Best wishes for your appointment today TinyTabby. :)

I bought a couple of maternity items from Next at the weekend. The tops are to big at the moment but I'm loving having some maternity jeans, my regular jeans haven't fitted properly since I was about 6 weeks!

I had my first bump moment the other day. I was lying on my back in bed at about 4am, unable to sleep, and I put my hand on my stomach and it was hard, I couldn't suck it back in either! I think I'm starting to look pregnant now, the shape of my stomach has definitely changed. Although anyone who doesn't know probably thinks I've put on some weight over the winter!

I haven't bought the bump belt for the car yet, my seatbelt hasn't been as painful since I started taking the anti-biotics for the water infection, so I'm wondering if the pain was caused by that rather than baby.

Morning ladies :) How are we all? What a lovely weekend of weather we had eh?

I'm feeling pretty good so far this morning. Had a good night's sleep which helps alot. DH even said to me this morning 'you do look better, more 'alive' :D

Maternity clothes - definitely need them now and have done really for a while to be honest. Thing is, my sister has them so I need to wait for her to drop them to me. She lives 2 hours away so it's not a simple thing. She's hoping to come and visit one weekened soon. I am trying to resist buying any but I might end up getting some jeans. I am fed up wearing undone trousers. Bump bands have been my saviour for weeks but now it's time for the next stage ;) I still haven't told work yet - although I have told one colleague who said she did wonder. My bump is pretty obvious really and like you, cookies, my colleagues are thinking either 'she's been eating all the pies' or 'she's pregnant' ;)

Thanks, Cookies. I'm very excited and nervous!

I'm glad the antibiotics are doing the trick and you have found some jeans. It makes all the difference having clothes that fit!

I forgot to say, yes, your appointment is finally going to arrive TT, best of luck! :D

Yay, TT...at last! I hope everything goes really well for you today. Can't wait for an update.

Cookies, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Has anyone else been feeling really tired? I'm just exhausted - I haven't felt like this since very early on. However, no matter how tired my body feels, I can't nap or sleep in when I have the opportunity, no matter how hard I try. I could swear my body is trying to prepare me for the lack of sleep already. :dohh:

Hi, everyone else! We haven't heard from some of you in awhile - hope all is well!

Shadow, my default status is 'extremely tired'. I had a good night last night but I will still need another full night's sleep tonight. If I miss even an hour, I feel it. I think it 's just part and parcel of pregnancy and will hopefully improve.......at least until baby arrives! ;)

I'm also constantly tired, once I get home from work I can barely manage to move from the sofa, my poor hubby is having to do everything. I don't think I've slept through the night since I've been pregnant as I was having problems for a week or so before I got my BFP. The most irritating thing about it is I have no clue what's causing it, as I don't need to get up in the night at all.

I'm the same - though I managed to stay up until 9 last night instead of my usual 8.30 lol was still up at 5.30 needing a wee though!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->