September Stars

well, im enjoying a sneaky sick day off work! :shhh: im not really skiving, i have been having real bad pain my hips, pelvis and back since last week. :( looked it up and think it might be the start of SPD?? anyway, last night it was at its worst and ive also managed hurt my neck! :dohh: so txt work last night to say i wouldnt be in, and whatdoyaknow! its a lot better today! so just enjoying the rest anyway!

Lovely day for a day off Jen, enjoy! ;) I hope it isn't the start of SPD because I know that can be debilitating, especially towards the end of pregnancy. One of my buddies on here was on crutches and could barely move!

i know! thats what im really worried about! :wacko: at first i thought it was too early, but it has been so painful, especially either side of my lady bits. :blush: feels as though someone has forced my legs apart. And my hips have been clicking when moving. Has anybody else had this?

Hi all, just back from my appointment. It lasted 2 hours!!

Had the scan first, which was OK - not as nice as the last one. It lasted all of 5 minutes. Baby is fine. Tried to get a peek at the sex. I couldn't see anything between Sugarlump's legs but OH thought he did! So we will have to be patient!

Then I had the MW appointment. OH was told he wasn't allowed at all. The appointment went fine though. Blood tests were sore! MW remarked I was a bit late for my booking in and I just asked her not to go there!

She was nice though. She encouraged me to consider home birth, and was reassuring about the bleeding. I'm getting another MW appointment in 3 weeks and my anomaly scan will be soon after.

I feel so much better now. Phew!

On the tiredness front, I have felt fantastic for the last 2 days. Well, when I say fantastic I mean normal! OH has manflu so I have been looking after him for a change!

Hope everyone gets a wee burst of normal soon xxx

Really pleased your appointment went well TT, great news :D Blood tests are horrid aren't they...you can look forward to some more like that at 28 weeks! My 12 scan seem to go in a blur, they don't give you much time at all. That's why the private ones are so much nicer I think.

Isn't it funny how we use the word 'fantastic' in place of 'normal' these days ;) I did the same thing the other day!

I am considering having a gender scan in the next couple of weeks - can't decide whether to fork out for it or not though ;)

Thanks Poshie.

Yeah, the blood test was a bit sore and my arm feels quite bruised. Can't see a bruise though. I really don't like them. The MW said she had had a fainter already that morning. I didn't faint though. Just kept staring at the clock on the wall!

Do you get a 20 week anomaly scan or would your gender scan be the only one you get between now and the birth? I'm happy to wait till 20 weeks because they will tell us gender then - but if they weren't going to, I don't know what I would do.

Yes, our hospital will tell you the gender at the 20 week anomoly scan. The gender scan I refer to would be an extra (private) scan in between for us impatient people! ;)

Haha, I see! In that case, I say save your money! Although, you get nice pictures from the private scans...

My 20 week scan is on 19 April 2012 and has been booked since my 10 week booking in appt, so ages! It's nice to have a date to look forward to and it's actually only 5 weeks this Thursday. Part of the reason for my impatience is organising clothes - we have boxes and boxes of boys clothes and I want to know if I'm keeping them or if I need to fill with girls clothes instead (all from my sister). This is the sort of job I'd like done before baby comes, rather than after. Looking long term, we will need to do some pretty major room reorganising and this will be dependent upon the baby's sex.

I can see why you'd be impatient with all that organising to do.

Makes me wonder whether I'm being a bit lackadaisical about it. We're not bothering with anything until much closer to the birth. We're not doing much to the spare room before Sugarlump is big enough to sleep alone at night, and as for clothes, furniture, pushchair, car seat, all that... I was going to leave it all till I'm about 25-30 weeks.

I think I am a bit wary of being too sorted, having too many things, in case something goes wrong. Is that normal?

Perfectly normal. With my son, I didn't buy a pram until I was 8 months! I left most things as late as possible. I think 2nd time around it's different because I have all those things and won't need to buy anything hardly at all, just do some home reorganising. It's also different this time as I have my son to factor into all this and he will need my time too, even when baby comes, hence my need to be as organised as I can before the birth ;)

That makes total sense! My 3 year old nephew hates people spending too much time with his little brother, even now!

I am going to start doing some research now, just to work out what I need, how much everything costs, and what kind of buggy I want. I live up 3 flights of stairs so that in particular is a big important question to answer!

My 20 week scan date has arrived in the post today, Tuesday 24th April. I'm quite excited right now!

I haven't even thought about buying anything yet, I said very early on that we won't be looking at anything until we've had our 20 week scan, so by the time we decide i'll probably be 25+ weeks.

Morning ladies :)

Great news on your scan date coming through cookies :happydance: a date to look forward to.

TT - Yes, I think something as lightweight and easy to carry as possible will be in order for your buggy needs!

So 15 weeks today and Pud has turned into an orange. Had a chat with DH last night about the early gender scan option.........we have decided we aren't going to bother and we will wait for 20 wk scan on 19 April ;) We will still have plenty of time to get things organised so a few more weeks won't make a difference.

Cookies and Poshie, I think it will be nice all having the 20 week scan at the same-ish time xx

Definitely TT :D Mine and LC is the same week, what date is yours again?

Not got mine yet, but I've been assured it will be around the 20-week mark! They were doing the paperwork yesterday, so I should hear in the next couple of weeks.

:dance: Just think, our scans are only next month so can't be long!

Sooo....who has officially told work and who (like me) still hasn't? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->