September Stars

Great news, Jen! Did they tell you what the heart rate was? I've heard that girls are generally a bit higher than boys...but some do say that that's a myth, so who knows. :winkwink:

We'll all be having our 20 week scans right around the same time. How exciting!

Hey guys, ok I've got baby brain lol. I was in here earlier in the year but had a MC on 13th January. To my amazement I've conceived again straightaway, and am very nervous and trying to remain positive (EDD 19th Oct).

Anyway, I'd popped in to say hi and for some reason started posting everywhere as thought I was in October Pumpkins!:blush:

Apologies, but hello all! It's lovely to see you all progressing well and even though I'm tinged with a little sadness when I see your progress bars as I'm not there, I'm keeping everything crossed this time.

I hope you dont mind if I pop in now and again?

xoxo

hey angel! :hi: i thought i recognised your name from earlier in the year. sorry to hear about your miscarriage but thats wonderful that you got pregnant again so quickly, must be a real comfort. you are due around the same time as my sis in law! x x

Hey all, haven't posted for AAAAAGES but I've been reading!!

I have my 20 week scan on 12th April, but after a horrible consultant appt yesterday I cheered myself up by booking an early gender scan for this Friday! I will be 16+1 so I hope they'll be able to tell, especially as I'm pretty plus size! The place I found is called Meet Your Baby in Leeds, and they have a special offer on so the scan is £50 - can't wait!

It was interesting to read everyone's maternity leave plans - I'm a team leader in a large debt charity. My husband works there too and we're sharing mat leave - 9 months for me and 3 for him. I'm planning on annual leave from July 20th for four weeks, then mat leave from then (almost 2 weeks before EDD). We just get statutory pay too, although with us both being trained debt counsellors we had a budget sorted before we started TTC - although I'm already stressing that it won't go to plan (and it didn't account for things we need to buy, just living costs). Ironically, the charity are reviewing their maternity provision and will probably increase it, but too late for me!

I've starting showing this week, which I wasn't expecting, being a big girl! It's kind of freaking me out though - did any of you current mums experience that the first time?

Hope everyone's having a lovely evening anyway, I have OBEM on live pause, so I'm off to go watch!!

:thumbup:

Hi Frantastic, good to hear from you. :)

Exciting that you're doing a gender scan - keep us posted! Do you have a feeling about whether it's a boy or girl?

The bump thing is fun - I went back to work today after a week off and as soon as I took my coat off in the office this morning all the girls were like, 'ooh! Your bump's popped out, give us a twirl!'

It actually made my day! Think I'm starting to enjoy this. :-D

Hey TT... I'm not sure what I think it is, might do the wedding ring test before I go!

My dad is desperate for a granddaughter, and DH and I can only agree on girl names, so I guess it will be a boy! :dohh:

It is kind of nice having the bump, and DH gets a massive grin whenever we talk about it... Think I'm alternating between excited and freaked out :wacko:

Whats the wedding ring test?

I've popped too - I feel massive!!

Morning :)

Good to hear from you Fran - sorry you had a bad consultant appt but :happydance: for the gender scan! I did consider doing the same thing but my DH talked me into waiting til 20 weeks.

I didn't really show in my first pg til about 16 weeks. This time I started to show probably about 12 weeks. I haven't even told work yet, but they must know!

That's lovely your colleagues have noticed your bump TT :D

Smile - I did the wedding ring test in my first pregnancy....... You put your wedding ring on a hair and dangle about tummy - if it moves back and forth it's a boy (I think) and if it goes round and round it's a girl? Not sure if I've remembered that right.

Hello again Angel, of course we don't mind you popping in ;)

I am feeling pretty okay so far this morning. Can't believe I'll be 4 months pregnant in less than a week. Time is flying :shock:

Does it have to be your own wedding ring? I'm only engaged! :haha:

I'm going to give that a shot. Does it have to be a hair? My hair is wavy/curly and it probably wouldn't work. Can I just use thread?

Hi, Frantastic, good to see you! I can't wait to see what the results are.

Angel, congrats and wishing you the best of luck!

I'm definitely starting to show - I catch strangers eyeballing me in public, especially when I'm pushing the 7 month old in a stroller. :haha: It's nice to think that I'm finally getting past that "boy, has she put on some weight?" stage. It's taking awhile, though, because I'm not a slender person to begin with (I'm only 5'2" and I started out 30 pounds overweight - though I'm still down ten!).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hello Smile and Shadow. I guess you could use a thread instead of hair. Think I had to use about 3-4 hairs when I did it! It's just a bit of fun really so I'm sure using your engagement ring would suffice.

Haha, yes I bet you did get some looks with a young baby and being pregnant ;)

The places I have put on weight are tummy (obviously); boobs and maybe a bit on bum, but the rest of me is quite slim. I'll start putting it on around my face later which is not an attractive look ;)

Oh and on the subject of work - my friend (the only one I've told) just came over to let me know that there is speculation going on in the office as to whether I am preggers or not .... some think yes, some think no, they are all guessing!

Hi Ladies,

It's good to hear all your updates.

We've decided not to find out the gender, but I think we might have fun with the wedding ring thing, and whether the heartbeat sounds like a train or a horse, and just see what happens.

Well my body decided to celebrate baby becoming a lemon by having some pink and brown discharge! A trip of the GP this morning and they have asked me to monitor it. If it gets worse then they will send me for a scan, if not then it's just one of those things! But my trip this morning has revealed that my water infection has cleared up, so there is some good news I suppose.

I'm undecided as to whether I'm showing or not. My Husband says I am, but I've always carried a bit of weight round my middle anyway, so I think I'm still rocking the I ate way to many pies look!

Fingers crossed everything is okay cookies :)

I think I'm starting to show now, its very noticeable from the sides, but then when I lift my top up and look at myself from the front I do just look fat lol I'm losing my curves so I don't really have a shape now (which I know is cause body is adjusting to fit bubs so I'm not too fussed) can't wait to see a bump shape from the front now! xx

Hey Cookies, hope everything is OK. I've had some form of bleeding every fortnight since my bfp. It's still scary when it happens, but remember it's really common in the first few months of pregnancy, and there are all sorts of harmless causes.

Hopefully it will stop very soon and you can get on with enjoying your pregnancy.

Hello again. It must be scaryfor you both TT and cookies, having any sort of bleeding during pregnancy. As TT says, it is surprising how many people do have it though and everything is fine. Hope it stops for you both soon though :hugs:

Smile - Like you say, bump is noticeable from the sides but not so much from the front, although I do have a tummy. Also, at work I am subconsiously keeping my tummy in but when I let it all hang on it looks big!

my EDD is 26th sept, this will be our 10th baby, looking forward to getting to know you all :thumbup:

Hey mumof9 - that's an enormous brood you have there!!! Obviously very well behaved though for you to get all 9 of them posing so well! :happydance: My brother has given up on his three all looking at the camera at once, let alone smiling!

OK ladies, I just did the wedding ring test - used one hair and my wedding ring (and you can definitely use thread and a needle if you're missing either of those - that's how I was taught it when I was little, doing it to aunties and cousins!). It went side to side, which is meant to indicate girl (although I made the mistake of googling to double check, and of course different sites had it different ways around!!). I'm going to get DH to hold the hair shortly, to see if we get the same result!!

I think we should all do it and post our results, it will be interesting to see how many get it right!!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in a while but have been checking in with the posts to keep up. I'm still feeling exhausted though, and can't make it past 7:30/8:00!!

I've been feeling well on the whole, but have had a few more episodes of light spotting...sends me into a tizzy every time, but then the scans are always good. Wish it didn't happen, but the midwife doesn't seem too concerned.

Definitely feeling more flutters though - so exciting! Has anyone used a home Doppler??

frantastic20 thankyou haha i wish they were well behaved they are not bad kids just a couple of the lil boys like demolishing the house my hubby is forever fixing things, but other than that they are good :) ive tried the wedding ring test a few times but it seems to sway when your pulse in your fingers throbs so i dont believe in it, i am more for the chinese gender predictor it has been right all 9 times with me this time it says a boy so be interesting to see if it works again :p

nicmar sorry about your spotting i had it a few times in this pregnancy from about 5 weeks on and off till about 10 weeks its scary i was the same had 3 scans and they all looked fine but you just cant relax even now i still get panicky, speaking of dopplers iv just had a bath then thought id have a listen to baby and i couldnt find its heartbeat for ages starting panicking then found it, think was hiding haha, hope the spotting goes now and you have a happy healthy rest of your pregnancy, i have my 12 week scan on monday morning cant wait xx

Morning ladies and welcome Mum of 9, I can't even begin to imagine life with so many children! Best of luck with your scan on Monday :)

Nicmar, good to hear from you. I have a doppler which I last used just last night actually. Really easy to find heartbeat - it always seems to be in the same place at the moment. As well as the heartbeat you can hear plopping whooshing noises, which I assume is Pud moving about in there.

I haven't tried the wedding ring thing yet but will try and remember to over the weekend ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->