September Stars

TT I'm the same on both counts... sickness had pretty much disappeared but over the last week I keep getting little waves of nausea... worst was during dinner on Sunday (bangers and mash... usually yum!) where DH thought I was going to lose it all mid-meal!

I also have really painful hips at night - I also tried a pillow which didn't help so I am also off to google Snoogle!!! Which sounds quite funny...

Hope everyone else is well!

16 Weeks / Avacado

Morning all :)

Thanks for visiting my journal Smile. How are you doing?

Me and avacado have a mw appt at 10.15am this morning. I am expecting her to have a go at finding heartbeat (even though I have done that myself of course at home) and go through my blood results. I am expecting my iron to be on the low side (as it was in my last pregnancy) but hopefully not too bad. I have been taking prenatals now since November which hopefully helps. I have also bought a natural iron supplement called Spatone which I have ready to take should I need to ;)

So did you girls find out about the Snoogle? Sounds nice :D

I'm good thanks :) finally got my 20w scan appointment through the post! 26th April :) Need to make a new ticker!

:dance: for scan appt! It's very exciting isn't it. Will you be finding out the sex?

It is exciting - but 5 weeks sounds like a lifetime! :haha: we will be finding out gender (if we're allowed!) I've heard of some NHS sonographers being a bit funny about revealing gender though? So I'm a bit nervous!

Some hospitals still won't tell gender, although most do these days. It's worth asking your midwife. When it comes to scan day, say early on that you'd like to find out the sex (if possible) so it's not rushed at the end. For my son, we had a moody sonographer and she was a bit miffed (it seemed) about teling us the gender because we didn't ask til the end. Although, we could actually tell ourselves! ;)

Yeah my aunty said that with her twins, she got a massive lecture from the sonographer about how it wasn't a gender scan it was an anomly scan etc and my aunty was like of course we want to know if everythings okay with them, but if you could tell us the gender we'd like to know :haha: so I'll just have to slip that in right when we get there!

Yes, play it softly and you shoud be okay. My approach is going to be 'we'd like to try and find out the gender once everything has been checked, if that's okay'. ;)

hows all you girls doing?
i had my 12 week scan yesterday all was well im measuring a few days bigger which is normal for me i end up like a house haha, iv got my 20 week scan on may 5th but i decided not going to find out the sex of this lil one, i found out with babies #1,2 an 9 but i must admit its so much more exciting not knowing and guessing so my sonographer will be staying well away from its genitalia im afraid lol

what you all upto today, im going to try and de clutter my kitchen so much we dont use in our cupboards so they are getting boxed up and put away in our lockup till we can eventually move, i need to gain room in my cupboards need the space so badly :growlmad: xxx

Hello Mumfo9, glad to hear your scan went well :) I am at work today but looking forward to my day off with my son and DH tomorrow.

MW appt went well. It's only a 10 minute walk away from my office so very handy as I don't need much time off. Blood results came back A OK. I am A- blood so she rang up the hosptial there and then to book my Anti-D jab for 28 weeks. Even my iron was good at 12.7! Very surprised and pleased about that. I got up on the couch to listen for heartbeat. She tried in the middle and low down but no joy. I ended up saying, I have a doppler at home and I usually find it 'here' pointed down to the left hand side. Sure enough she found it! Apparently she is going back to work at the hospital in May so I will have a different midwife for my next appt. Apparently she likes to see you at 25 weeks (even though second timers don't technically get a 25 week appt) so that's nice. That is when I will get my MABT1 form thingy for work.

Hello Mumfo9, glad to hear your scan went well :) I am at work today but looking forward to my day off with my son and DH tomorrow.

MW appt went well. It's only a 10 minute walk away from my office so very handy as I don't need much time off. Blood results came back A OK. I am A- blood so she rang up the hosptial there and then to book my Anti-D jab for 28 weeks. Even my iron was good at 12.7! Very surprised and pleased about that. I got up on the couch to listen for heartbeat. She tried in the middle and low down but no joy. I ended up saying, I have a doppler at home and I usually find it 'here' pointed down to the left hand side. Sure enough she found it! Apparently she is going back to work at the hospital in May so I will have a different midwife for my next appt. Apparently she likes to see you at 25 weeks (even though second timers don't technically get a 25 week appt) so that's nice. That is when I will get my MABT1 form thingy for work.

glad your app went well, i normally get low on iron but normally for the last 4 weeks or so, haha you are as bad as me i have my own doppler they are so reasurring when you get a bit worried :thumbup: xx

smile!! your 20 week scan is the same day as mine! :dance: mine is at 8.45 (ear-ly!!!!) cant wait! we have decided not to find out the sex, as hubby REALLY doesnt want to, although, a little part of me wants to. . . :devil:

poshie- havent you got another appointment until 25 weeks? she got me to book my next one for when im 18 weeks, before i go for my scan.

Yay Jen! Aw unlucky you have to stay team yellow :nope: still, you have 5 weeks to chip away at OH! :haha:

Hi Jen :) Toeday was my 16 week mw appt, then it's anomoly scan at 20 weeks, then it's 25 week mw appt - I think that's standard (same as I had last time).

Yay for being scan day buddies smile and jen! :happydance:

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone! Hope the lack of activity in here means that all of us are experiencing no issues and that we're all having a comfortable week. :thumbup: I feel great this week so far, hope you all do too.

All is calm with me again now, thank goodness. :)

I've been looking for an excuse to post though so I can stare at my new fruit. I do this every week, you'd have thought the novelty would have worn off by now! :laugh2:

So thank you Shadowcat :)

All is calm with me again now, thank goodness. :)

I've been looking for an excuse to post though so I can stare at my new fruit. I do this every week, you'd have thought the novelty would have worn off by now! :laugh2:

So thank you Shadowcat :)

Sweet! I know what you mean!

Glad all's well with both you guys. I'm feeling pretty rubbish and working quite hard, don't have much to say. Got my blood test results in the post yesterday. Clean bill of health! So that's good... Still don't have a date for my 20 week scan, but I'm not that surprised given that I didn't get a date for my last appointment forever.

I'm a bit down in the dumps actually. It feels like I have been feeling awful for ages, and that the amount of time left till Sugarlump arrived is forever. I guess this is probably typical of the middle of pregnancy, but still, boo. Don't like it.

Hello all :)

Sorry you are feeling fed up TT - I know that feeling. You have been suffering for a long time though, so I don't blame you. Fx it doesn't last much longer for you :hugs:

Sounds like you are going through the feeling better stage Shadowcat, that's great news! I know you had it very tough for a while there.

It's great seeing your new fruit baby size isn't it!

I am doing okay. Feeling pretty good. Just starting to look at maternity leave (ie. when to take it) and more importantly, arrangements for childcare when I go back to work. It's definitely going to be tough with 2. I haven't officially told my childminder, but she has found out today via a patient of my DH's! It's not that it's a secret, it's just I wanted to tell her myself. So anyway, I will have a chat with her tonight when she drops my son off.

Thanks Poshie. I wish I could feel better consistently! I think work is to blame!

Sorry your 'secret' got out before you had a chance to tell. That must be annoying.

It's interesting that you mention childcare options. I haven't given these much thought, and had only thought of nursery. What made you choose a childminder? And what other childcare is worth considering?

I think childcare is a personal choice, it depends what sort of environment you are happy with for your baby. I looked (had a tour of) our local day nursery, upon recommendation of a friend. It was fine but big! I had a childminder recommended to me by a neighbour who incidentally used by live in my neighbour's house before her! Anyway, I had a taste of the 'home' based childminder environment and a full-on nursery setting. They both have their pros and cons, but I went for the childminder because: a) there was more flexibility there in terms of commitment, changing hours, no up front fees b) I liked her home set up c) my son is always out and about going to toddler groups and days out etc, it's not like he's couped up. The nursery setting was more like a 'factory' (some of the kids actually looked sad!) and inflexible and more expensive by £10 a day. Just my personal take on it but I would look at both options before deciding what's right for you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->