September Stars

Wow, Mumof9, you're my hero! Welcome and congrats. I think big families are great. I have one close friend with 5 and one with 6, and they're both awesome Moms, and their kids are all very well behaved! I have a theory that Moms must grow in patience with each subsequent child. What do you think?

I was an only child, so I have always wanted siblings for my own...however, I think that three is where we'll stop, mostly for financial reasons.

NicMar, good to see you!

Ok, so I used thread with my ring, and it swung in a circle. The website that I looked it up on said that indicated a girl...but then I came here and read Frantastic's post, so now who knows? :haha:

Only ten more days until my next appointment. I thought I'd be over being nervous by now!! Even though I've felt movements, I still have worries that something will be wrong. Am I alone there?

Well after my update yesterday lunchtime my day got a lot more interesting.

My discharge turned into blood, so ended up back with my GP yesterday afternoon, who sent me to the emergency gynaecology department at the hospital. I had a lovely 4 hour stay whilst they checked me over. My cervix was closed, and they found the heartbeat using the doppler but had to play chase with the baby to find it, and even then we only heard it for about 2 seconds in total so it appears I have an uncooperative baby!

I was told to return for a scan this morning to see if they could find the reason, and the placenta is to blame! My placenta is anterior and there is a section sitting over my cervix which is causing the blood. Baby was just as uncooperative this morning! It wouldn't move into a clear position for her, but did seem to enjoy sitting on it's head!

So already I have a mental child!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing ok though. Happy Friday :)

Oh no, what a time you are having LC, sorry to hear that. I assume that your placenta must be low lying then which is causing the blood? Hope the placenta moves soon so the bleeding stops. I know they check the position at 20 week scan. :hugs:

Shadow - I don't think the nervousness /worry ever goes away :hugs:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and I'll look forward to your updates x

Hi Cookies! That sounds like a stressful 24 hours, but at least you know the cause. Your baby sounds like it will be quite good fun too! What happens next? Will they just be monitoring the situation or is there more tests or anything?

Shadowcat - I'm the same with the worries - they just pop in and out of my head.

Poshie - and everyone - hope you all have a good weekend xx

hi cookies, what a worrying time your having. But at least you know that everything is ok with your bubs and sounds like your hospital is taking good care of you x x
shadow, i think my worry is only now starting to ease up after hearing the heartbeat on tuesday. Even after my scan i kept thinking, i wasnt quite 12 weeks, what about if something happend?? especially after reading about ladies on here who miscarried at 13 weeks. But after hearing the heartbeat at 14 weeks i feel more relaxed and also i think im feeling the beginning of little flutters!
have a lovely weekend everyone!

Happy weekend, everyone! I'm really excited to be an orange today. :happydance:

Cookies, glad to hear that you're ok. How scary!

Jen, I have an appointment on the 27th, and I'll be a little over 16 weeks then...and I've still had the thought more than once that I'll get there and find out that something is wrong. Maybe I'll feel better after that if/when I hear the heartbeat.

Congrats on feeling flutters! How awesome!

Hey ladies, hope your weekends are going well! :thumbup:

Went for my gender scan last night, photo below, and found out that we're having a boy!

Just posting and running though, I'm supposed to be cooking..:dohh:

Attachments

• Beanie4 - 16 weeks.jpg
    Beanie4 - 16 weeks.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations, Frantastic! Aww, the first of us to find out what we're having...how exciting. :)

aww wow congrats fran on the blue, how exciting you can start buying things :happydance: dont no but it somehow seems more real when you know what sex the lil bean is doesnt it,

hope you are all having a great weekend and happy mothers day for tommoro xx

congrats on your little boy fran!
im in 2 minds whether or not to find out, but hubby really doesnt want to, so guess its going to be a surprise!

Thanks for all the kind words, it's very exciting!

Jen - it was me who didn't want to find out but we did it in the end because my dad was obsessed with it being a girl (my brother has 4 sons). He's not the kind of person who hides disappointment so I wanted him to have time to get used to the idea.

And I was right - he was pretty gutted on Friday - nice to know my first baby is *sigh* 'another grandson' for him... I'd be upset if I wasn't so used to him!!!

Luckily for us the in-laws only have granddaughters, so at least he'll be an exciting addition for them! Saying that, my mum's terrible too and keeps saying it's more special when it's your daughter having the baby (i.e. this grandson is more exciting than the others!)

Parents eh?

Hope the mums are having lovely days - has anyone pregnant for the first time had any cute gifts/cards from their unborn child (my DH would never think of that!)?

Happy Monday everyone :) Sun is shining here but pretty cold and frosty at the moment.

Fran - that is upsetting about your Dad.....good idea of yours to give him the time to get used to the idea. I'm sure he will ;)

We will definitely be wanting to find out at our 20 week scan. I want to get things organised in good time, as having a toddler already creates alot more work. This way I can either sort out the boys clothes or get rid of them and replace with my niece's girls clothes. We save ourselves a fortune on clothing as we haven't had to buy anything for my son! I also find that you do feel a certain bond when you find out the sex and I think that's nice.

Talking of Mother's Day. I got a lovely handmade card from my son and a flower in a pot :cloud9: and also another card from my son and 'unborn one' ;)

Hi everyone, happy Monday!

I had a lovely weekend - now I have my energy back I'm really enjoying being sociable.

After a week of not being sick at all, I now have random sickness. Lost my breakfast yesterday all over the floor. Been feeling intensely nauseous for very short bursts this morning, but so far I'm OK! It is quite nerve wracking.

Am I the only one still feeling/being sick?

Also, has anyone else also started having really sore hips and legs at night? Have you got any special pillow arrangements to help? I've been trying a pillow between my legs but I'm considering one of those special ones.

Hello TT. Whilst I am feeling much better in the nausea department, I still get the odd wave. I think it coincides with hunger, as in, I feel worse as I get hungry. Like now, it's nearly lunchtime and I am starving and feeling funny. I haven't been sick for a while, although I did barf last week after my boy was sick and the smell set me off!

I have to say I haven't really suffered from any aches and pains of that nature yet. I know people who use body pillows and things but I never did last time. I have an arm/shoulder injury but that isn't pregnancy related ;)

TT, I have more good days than bad now, but I do still feel nausea sometimes - I actually lost my breakfast yesterday too. I've figured out that it's more likely to happen if I let myself get dehydrated. DH bought me Gatorade powder and I've been drinking a bottle of that every morning as soon as I get up...it really helps. However, I STILL have problems with the smell of certain foods cooking. For instance, I can eat cold chicken in a salad at a restaurant, but I can't stand it when DH cooks chicken in the house. I can cook and eat pre-made turkey burgers at home, but ground turkey meat still makes me ill - I can't even touch the package. Is anyone else experiencing that? I find it really odd.

I've said it on BnB numerous times - the Snoogle is the absolute best thing in the world for sleeping. If you haven't seen one, Google it. There are so many options for positioning them - they're very versatile.

I've had a fun development over the past couple of weeks - EVERYTHING is annoying the hell out of me! Does anyone else have this problem? Barking dogs, drivers on the road, my kids, DH, my family, my friends... at least ten times a day I feel like I'm going to lose it and punch someone, lol. It's little things, too, that never used to bother me at all before. I'm going to be a monster by the time I'm in the third trimester if this keeps up.

I'm glad/sorry I'm not the only one feeling sick! :-(

Shadowcat, what interesting things you say. I've kind of gone off meat altogether (apart from pork, strangely enough) and drinking straight water makes me feel sick. Maybe I'm dehydrated. I've been trying to drink less fizzy drinks but actually I've not been replacing them with much. I'll try and drink more!

Ooh, Snoogle, I couldn't remember the name! Going to check it out, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->