September Stars

Thanks Poshie. I don't know why but I had no idea what childminders were like - yours sounds great, particularly since they get out a lot and do the kind of thing you'd like to do with LO when you're not at work. Sounds ideal for a little one whos not quite old enough for the big nursery! It makes me sad to think about the sad babies in nursery!

My mum has offered to do one day a week, and I'm planning on going back 3 then 4 days a week, and OH is going to go to 4 days a week, so we're planning on combining our efforts do Sugarlump just has to go somewhere for 1 or 2 days a week. I'll definitely be asking around about childminders as well as nurseries.

Thanks again for the tip. :)

TT, I'm sorry that you're still not feeling well. Hopefully it'll pass very soon.

Cookies, I know exactly how you feel - I do the same thing!

As I do childcare in my home for a living, I'm biased towards a home based situation. If "nursery" there is anything like daycare centers here in the US, the downsides are less flexibility, high staff turnover, and high adult-to-child ratios. Because I only have 1-3 children at once (I only have one 7 month old now), I'm able to devote a LOT more attention to him than I would if I worked in a center that had ten infants, KWIM? It's more like a family and less like an institution. I realize that no one asked my opinion, though, so that's all I say on the matter for now. :winkwink:

Thanks Shadowcat - it definitely sounds like a great option if you can find the right person to do it.

i work as a nursery nurse in a day nursery. my daughter came to work with me, and so will my new little one. :)

Happy Friday ladies :)

Jen, that's great you can take your baby to work with you :D

Childcare is definitely a personal choice as to what situation suits you and your baby. Shadowcat has said pretty much the same reasons as me for preferring a home based environment, but I know it's not for everyone.

TT that sounds like a nice compromise of parent time versus childcare. We don't have any family around to help out unfortunately. We are lucky though that DH has my son for one morning a week, I have him for 1 day a week and so he is with childminder for 3.5 days a week. Obviously at weekends he is with us. This set up has proved a nice balance.

Soooo 4 weeks yesterday til my 20 week scan! Who is finding out gender and who isn't. I've forgotten? ;) I think Jen said she is team yellow.......

Juicyjen, that sounds great. I wonder what my work would think if I brought my baby...!

Thanks all for the childcare feedback. There's so much 'homework' to do, learning about babies!

I'm going to find out the sex. I'm very curious about who's 'in there'!

I was sick this morning after breakfast. I also (TMI alert) weed myself a bit I was throwing up so violently. I'm now doing pelvic floor exercise like mad!

So tired of being sick :-(. I can't see the point of being poisoned by my own hormones!

:dance: for finding out the gender TT and Smile!

Oh no, sorry you are still being sick, what a nightmare TT. I have had the odd big cough of sneeze and felt a little dribble down there (sorry TMI). This is normal though and you are right, we just need to work on those pelvic floor muslces. I am hoping to take up antenatal pilates which I believe, works on those.

We hope to remain team yellow! :) This is my choice as my DH was slightly more in favour of finding out for practical reasons, but didn't have strong feelings either way. We're likely to be living in a rented house by the time the LO is born, so it's not like we could decorate a nursery to suit a gender anyway.

Although my current line of thinking is that since my LO was so uncooperative last week is that we will either get an eyeful or not during the scan, and it be decided for us!

We're definitely going to find out. I have two boys, so the suspense is killing me, lol.

So, I finally broke down and posted a bump pic in 2nd tri. It's not a good one...I'll have to get DH to do a better one later. :blush:

We're team yellow too!! I had a sonogram yesterday and had to warn the sonographer that we don't want to know just in case!

Regarding that, I requested that they measure my cervix to get a baseline length because of my spotting and my mother's history of cervical incompetence (premature shortening of the cervix). I have no history of it, as this is my first pregnancy, and the midwives keep saying that there is no genetic factor to cervical incompetence, but it still makes me worried (my mother lost a baby due to it at 22 weeks and then needed a cerclage for my sister)...anyway, yesterday at 15 weeks (although the baby is measuring about a week bigger) my cervix was at 3.34 cm...they said that they want it to be over 3 cm and that it was fine. However, I am reading online that average at this stage is more like 4-4.5 and 4 at 20 weeks, and it makes me nervous (as does everything!!)...

Have any of you ladies been told the length of your cervix at any point (if you do not have any risk factors they do not usually routinely check this, although they look at the cervix at the 20 week scan generally)...if so, what were your measurements?

Hi NicMar. I've not had my cervix measured but I was thinking of asking them to at my 20 weeks because I've had regular spotting.

If they are happy with the length of your cervix then surely that's ok, if they keep an eye on it? Google isn't the best sometimes.

Hi :wave: can I join you?

I know I'm a little late, but I mc last summer and was cautious about joining any pregnancy groups this time.

I'm 32 and this is our first, so really nervous! We were trying for over a year as I have pcos. I finally fell pregnant with this one on my last clomid cycle.

My EDD is 16 Sept, so I'm 15 weeks today. I would really like to get to know some ladies due around the same time x

Hi :wave: can I join you?

I know I'm a little late, but I mc last summer and was cautious about joining any pregnancy groups this time.

I'm 32 and this is our first, so really nervous! We were trying for over a year as I have pcos. I finally fell pregnant with this one on my last clomid cycle.

My EDD is 16 Sept, so I'm 15 weeks today. I would really like to get to know some ladies due around the same time x

congrats to you bet you are getting so excited now at 15 weeks will start seeming very real soon :) im due 24th sept and i have PCOS ovary syndrome believe it or not even tho #10 on the way so there is hope for you ladies out there with the same :happydance: look forward to getting to know you through the rest of our pregnancies xx

Hi Carhar, welcome, and CONGRATS! How have you been feeling? I don't think being nervous is exclusive to first babies - I'm on number three and I'm FAR more nervous with this one than I was with the other two!

Hi Carhar, welcome! Congratulations! It's an exciting, nerve wracking time. :)

Thanks everyone.

Mumof9 - it's good to see pcos isn't the end of the road. We were told that we should be able to have kids, but I would need help. I ov v infrequently on my own. I'm hoping this pregnancy will help sort out my hormone levels.

Shadowcat - I've been okay. Thankfully not too sick although I did have constant nausea in the first tri. I also have lots of food aversions, thankfully it's most greasy and fattening foods. Although I cannot seem to have enough potatoes anyway they come, but particulary mash. Yum.

Yay! I'm so glad I can share this experience with you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->