September Stars

im the same, would love an ice cold bottle of jaques but resisting!! im sure its probably fine to have a little and dont have a problem with other preggers ladies drinking, its just not for me! x x

haha! your baby-kick-in-in-the-head story made me smile shadow!

Thanks for the replies ladies - TT I had to laugh when you mentioned it being controversial - I confess I did see the thread (originally about smoking) where someone totally overreacted to something you said about drinking - and you were being nice and supportive then too! That's why I would only ask here within a group of people who have already shown themselves to be sensible/reasonable!!

I think I'm going to stick to the occasional sip of DH's tipple! Overall I haven't really been bothered for it anyway... I think like a few of you have said, it's more circumstantial - like something cold in a beer garden on a hot summer's day!

For those of you in the UK who fancy a treat, I can thoroughly recommend Las Iguanas' virgin cocktails... They're so scrummy that you feel like it is something special and they're included in the happy hour BOGOF too - though I think I ended up on a sugar high after I drank 3 of them when DH and I went!

Haha, yes, I was being diplomatic!

Good tip on the virgin cocktails. I've also found quite a few places that do nice freshly squeezed juices locally, and there are a few no-alcohol beers which I am planning to try.

I'll probably be indulging in the non-alcoholic beer by the pool this summer. :thumbup:

hmmm, they do un alcoholic kopparberg cider too, which i once picked up by mistake and i honestly couldnt tell the difference!! roll on the summer eh! (if we get one!!)

Morning ladies. Good to hear from you Fran :) I personally am not against having the odd glass of wine in later pregnancy, but each to their own. I do like the Becks non alcoholic lager as it tastes like normal lager. Wine is my usual tipple, but I haven't had any of that for AGES! Like you ladies say, sitting out in the garden in the summer definitely makes one feel like a glass of wine or lager.

How is everyone's bumps doing? Mine gets in the way in the shower when I am shaving now and bending over is uncomfortable of course. I can feel Pud moving around alot these days which is reassuring. Still can't quite believe we are having a girl! Very chuffed though :cloud9:

Morning poshie :)

My bump gets in the way all the time lol putting my shoes on puts me out of breath and I have trouble shaving too! I find it really hard to bend down for things cause it gets quite squished and starts to hurt!

Does anyone own a pregnancy pillow yet? I think I'm gonna have to invest in one. I'm waking up every morning and my bump is aching cause it's not being supported in bed!

Yes, the bump is definitely causing issues for me! I'm big enough that it's causing people to comment that there may be more than one in there. :blush: It happened really suddenly, too. Not only that, but baby is fond of dancing around on my bladder now.

Smile, I can't recommend the Snoogle pillow highly enough. It is fantastic! I got mine around 12 weeks and haven't had one uncomfortable night yet (knock wood). It is a little bit expensive, but worth every penny, trust me.

My scan is TOMORROW!!!!!!! I am SO excited. Cookies, are you as anxious as I am? I probably won't get any sleep tonight, lol.

At the moment not really anxious, clock watching terribly whilst I'm at work today though.

Omgomgomg, it's today! :happydance:

Unfortunately, It's still only 7 am here in the US, so I have three more hours to get through.

Cookies, any news? How's everyone else doing?

Oh yes! Best of luck to LC and SC with stheir cans today, can't wait to hear all about them :happydance:

I'm back from my scan, all is good. :) They were a little concerned about the size of the baby's stomach (it's large) on the scan, but there were no other markers for concern during the scan, so they have decided it doesn't need further investigation.

I managed to avoid caving in and finding out the gender, so we are officially team :yellow:! I've attached a pic,so if anyone wants to have a gender guess, go ahead! :)

Attachments

• scan 1.jpg
    scan 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
Aw beautiful baby!

You're a much braver woman than I being able to stay on team :yellow:!

Aww, how beautiful! I'm guessing girl, just because that seems to be the trend here. :winkwink: I'm terrible at guessing though - people are always going on about nub and skull theory, and I can't make sense of either one. Congratulations on a good scan! So glad to hear that everything is ok!

Congrats LC! :D I agree, it takes alot of willpower not to find out the gender! I think it is a lovely surprise whether you find out now or later, you can't beat it.

Shadow - it is your scan today too right?

ahhh! cookies your baby looks soo cute! :baby: im guessing boy!! cant wait til mine thurs!! 2 more sleeps!!

I think nub/skull theory only works up until like 14 weeks - though I could be wrong :haha:

I'm guessing boy!

Good luck today Shadowcat and Cookies! Keep us posted. xx

Edit: ooh congrats Cookies! I think it's a boy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->