September Stars

Morning Stars :)

Nicmar, really glad to hear the scan went well. I would personally be reading 'boy' into the comments from the dr ;) But hey, you never know!

Been feeling really big in the past week. Not just bump but putting on weight generally. People have been telling me that with girls you tend to put more weight on and it spreads out. My bum and thighs are definitely bigger now. Pud is moving about alot.

Had some friends for lunch yesterday and they are expecting a little boy on 1 June. I have managed to off load some boy clothes on to them. Still have loads though!

Morning all!

I'm not feeling too bad, size-wise, I'm still doing lots of walking so I think that's stopping me from completely piling it on...

However, I'm still being sick in the mornings! Not every day, but enough that I'm not very relaxed about it! I'm also perpetually stuffed up in the nose, sneezy, sore throat. I have allergies and I'm off all my meds except the basic asthma ones - but the allergy ones stopped the asthma properly before! Its miserable! I should have got pregnant at the end of summer so I wouldn't have to go through this!

Sorry about that... A bit of a rant! Just want to feel better. I bet that of men got pregnant there would be all kinds of effective drugs that were safe to take!

Hi TT. You really are suffering still aren't you! I have also had a permanent stuffy nose and regular sore throats, but not due to allergies in my case. More to do with having a toddler I think! The sickness thing with you is a nightmare and you must be sick (haha) of it :hugs: I always thinks it's harder when you are ill when pregnant for lots of reasons, but one of them is the fact that we can't (and I personally wouldn't want to) take medication, in case of risks to babas.

If you were to look at me, you'd probably think she's not big, but I am just not used to putting on weight! I think I have put on about 11lbs so far.

Thanks Poshie. Yes, we just have to get through these trials and tribulations. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I should be glad that I've not actually had a cold or flu this winter as I usually do!

Never mind. I have a nice long weekend in London planned next week. We're going 1st class and staying in a posh hotel! I'm really looking forward to it.

Have you (Poshie and everyone) got any holidays planned over the summer? Or other nice things to look forward to before the babies arrive?

I almost forgot, we are off to Mallorca on 12 May in fact! Going to stay with a friend of mine (who I first met here on BnB) and her little boy who is my son's age. It will be our first holiday for 3 years and our first on a plane with my son. Nice short flight though so hope he'll be okay. Can't wait to get some sunshine....I have bought this maternity tankini. For some reason the link shows the swimsuit and not the tankini, but if you look down the page you'll see the tankini ;)
https://www.marksandspencer.com/Maternity-Halterneck-Bandeau-Swimsuit/dp/B003FW75CQ?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_6&nodeId=248861031&sr=1-6&qid=1335782665&pf_rd_r=04VWPHYP2BCBYFC5331B&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43063030&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

No holidays for me, but I am moving house next week :)

We've finally bought a couple of things for the baby!! My husband bought this:
https://www.diy.com/nav/decor/art-mirrors-frames/wall-art/children_s_wall_art/Colours-by-B-and-Q-by-B-and-Q-Teddy-Printed-Canvas-Multi-10056456

My purchase is more boring, but probably more practical - reusable Cheeky Wipes!

No more purchases until we've moved and settled into our new house now. :nope:

The tankini is lovely! And a trip to Mallorca will be just the ticket!

cookies - are you moving far? Are you looking forward to it?

About 3/4 miles from where we live now. We live in a city centre flat right now, so we're moving to a house in a quieter and more family orientated area. Really looking forward to it, I think this week is going to drag so much for me! :)

That is exciting, Cookies. Will you have to do much to the house when you get there?

Love the tankini, Poshie! I love the ruffles, how adorable. I was finally able to find one too - I got this one. https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=91063910082&MasterCategory_Id=MC9

We're going to the beach at the end of June for a week, and I'm very excited about it.

Oh, TT, I'm so sorry that you're still feeling sick! I really hope that ends soon. Have you been doing anything to try to lessen it? Oh the things we go through for our babies...

NicMar, congrats on a great scan and for sticking to team yellow! I agree, I don't know how you did it - you must be a really strong person. :)

I've been feeling HUGE over the last few days, but I've only gained about 4 pounds. I didn't get to exercise at all last week for one reason after another, so hoping to make that up this week. Baby boy hasn't been moving as much the last couple of days either, which is making me a bit nervous. :wacko:

Yay, I love that swimsuit, Shadowcat. How nice to be going to the beach.

I've tried everything except drugs for the sickness. It's better than it was. I'm pretty much resigned to it!

LC - How exciting moving house! You'll have a lovely family house to bring baby into, great :D

Hey SC. Some time at the beach sounds great, and is what I'm hoping to do myself in Mallorca!

I knew there was something that I forgot to say - Cookies, congrats on the move!

I love the excitement of a new house. I hope you enjoy it. Make sure you don't work too hard though.

I'm not allowed to do anything. My job is to drive my car back and forth :)

We've been packing bits and pieces since we got our moving date so most things are packed away now. We're got quite a weird situation going on really, we own the flat we live in now but we've been unable to sell for nearly 2 years. Because we don't want our LO to live here, we are renting out our flat and are moving to a rented house. We're having to rent ours out furnished (area demands it) but the house we're renting is unfurnished! So we don't have much to move, but delivery men will be very busy calling at our new house for a couple of weeks!

Ugh, I'm feeling awful today. Tired, nauseous, headache.... I wonder if it's pregnancy related or if I'm coming down with something. I hope it's not the latter because we have a VERY busy week this week. I'm working (though the baby will only be here for five more weeks, and then I'm off for the whole summer!), I have to petsit a dog from Wednesday to Sunday, my oldest son is in a play tomorrow night, we have to go to a funeral on Friday (a two hour trip each way), and my in-laws are coming on Saturday for my youngest son's first communion, so I have to get my house in order in between all of that. I'm even more tired just thinking of it all. :sleep::coffee::wacko:

Oh no, poor you SC! :hugs: That sounds like a full on week and when you are feeling shite, it's not the nicest thought in the world is it. Can you try and do a bit of house stuff each day, rather than all in one hit? Depends how you like to work I suppose. Having the summer off sounds like something to console yourself with ;)

Hey all, I've had some "excitement" today.

I haven't been feeling as much movement lately (which I think I mentioned the other day), and haven't felt anything at all last night or this morning, even after lying down, eating, and drinking a regular soda. So a friend recommended that I call the nurse just to reassure myself. I totally expected them to say "oh, it's ok, you're only 21 weeks, so nothing to really worry about"...but instead, she said "you need to come in right now for monitoring". :wacko:

Soooo....after I freaked out and rushed over there, they made me wait and worry for about 40 minutes....

But everything is totally fine! Baby boy's hb is normal and strong. I told the Dr. that the nurse scared the bejeebus out of me though - so I hope I didn't get her into trouble.

Anyway, I've had quite a day so far! How is everyone else?

Hiya, ooh you must have had a fright! Glad all is well.

I'm ok thanks, working too hard and not sleeping enough! My back also gets really sore these days. But the sickness is definitely on the wane though. And I am loving feeling Sugarlump getting active so often now. It's definitely a good perk of pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->