September Stars

So glad to hear that your sickness is going away!!! That's great news. :happydance:

Yes, feeling the movements and kicks is my favorite part of pregnancy. Baby Boy finally decided to wake up this afternoon, so I've been feeling him ever since. Figures!

Morning :) SC - ooo what a scare! Glad all is well though and you got to see your little boy again.

TT - let's hope that's the end of your sickness, that would be great eh!

I'm with you both on the lots of movements. It's pretty much all day on and off at the moment. I guess they have lots of room for now.

Feeling rough today (tired). Over did it a bit yesterday on the walking front and ethen nded up being up 2 hours with my son (bewteen 2am-4am (he has a cough/cold) which is unusual. Really feeling it today. I was 40 mins late for work! Anyway, hope the day goes quickly.....

Hope you're feeling better Poshie. Being tired sucks.

Just a question for the group - I'm going to a black tie do in 2 weeks and am stuck for what to wear! I don't want to spend loads on a dress I'll probably wear once... Any ideas? It's quite an exciting thing - a paper I wrote has been short listed for some industry awards. Woop!

Ooo get you and your paper shortlisting! Very well done :D I am lucky in that I have a few posh tops I inherited in my pile of maternity clothes from my sister. The other day I bought a nice top/dress thing with butterflies on which would go nicely with either jeans (casual) or leggings (to tart up). So what I'm saying is, perhaps go for a pretty long top and trousers rather than a dress, assuming you're more likely to wear the top and trousers again?

Feeling better today thanks. My son slept through and his mysterious cough has all but gone (very weird to have it for just one day). :shrug: Although he does have yet another cold.

Thanks guys. Yes, might have a look out - there's maybe a non-maternity big glam top... Oh well, got to go shopping again!

Poshie - do you think your son might have an allergy? I get random coughs this time of year with hayfever - only when a particular pollen is strong.

Ahh that's a point a hadn't considered TT.....I guess it's possible isn't it. I wonder how I would know/find out? I must admit I assumed it was part of a cold as he has a runny nose, but I guess you can get a runny nose with allergies too....

You could ask the GP what they think. I'm not sure how early kids get hayfever! Apparently you can help alleviate it by eating local honey, which is a good excuse to eat honey!

We've been giving my oldest allergy meds in the spring since he was 2, Poshie - so it could be. Worth an ask, anyway.

TT, congrats! That's great. I agree that a nice top and pants would be good, and don't forget that shoes and jewelry can dress up anything, and can definitely be worn again post baby. :thumbup:

It's been quiet around here lately. Hope you all are doing very well.

Yes SC it has been quiet here of late.......just us die-hards hanging around ;) Hope everyone is getting on okay. Not sure if anyone has an appt coming up soon? I've just booked by 25 week midwife appt, which is the one where I get my MATB1 form which I have to give to my employer for maternity pay.

I have yet to book my mw appt :dohh: you've just reminded me! Though I'm sure she said for me to see her at 24 weeks then the GP at 25? Will have to see what she's written in my notes :thumbup:

Apparently 2nd time mums don't normally get the 25 week appt, but my mw has said she likes to see everyone anyway. Need that form!

Fair enough :thumbup:

Got the estate agents coming out today for Matt's dad (landlord) to make floor plan etc take pics to put the house on the market! Which means we're on a deadline to get out haha just waiting for confirmation of the date we can move into our new house (still renting) :dohh: fingers crossed it's for the end of this month!

Oo so a new house for you too then :D Are you moving far? Something bigger or about the same? Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Yep :thumbup: we moved about half an hour away last August, but then with Max on the way now it's much more cost effective to move back. Closer to family, we share a car, so I can have that if we're living back in our hometown cause Matt can get picked up by his boss, plus we'll be saving about £60/£70 a week on petrol! So it saves the life of the car as well :)

The house is a bit smaller, for a bit more money, but we were never gonna get as good a deal as we have now. We're renting out a house from Matt's dad - 3 bed semi for £500 a month! So we don't mind paying a bit more x

Fair enough. Location is all important isn't it. We are lucky to live 3 miles from work (less for me). My DH cycles to work which obviously saves on fuel. We both work in the same city so I can always give him a lift if it's peeing down. I should cycle really but 22 weeks pg, with a toddler, doesn't make it easy!

No but I just had an image of you doing that in my head! :haha:

Yeah if we're back in hometown, Matt can either get picked up on the way through to work (he's a roofer so works all over) or he can walk/jog/run/bike his way to his bosses house and go from there as it's only 5 mins away!

If we were to stay at this house, he'd have to take the car to work meaning I'll be stuck in all day, by myself (and Max) cause I don't know anyone round here and there's no where to go!

Hope it all goes smoothly, Smile.

I've got an appointment a week on Monday - my first with the home birth midwife. I'm excited as I've got loads of questions for her. I hope she's nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->