September Stars

hey everyone! :hi: congrats on the award tt! very impressive!! and smile, how exciting to be moving! we are hoping to move about 6 months after having the baby, wish it was before though!!
i forgot to mention, after my scan last week i had to see a consultant due to having pre eclampsia with Ella, and i have been told i have see my mw every 2 weeks up to 28 weeks, then every week after!! :dohh: which is going to be a bit of a bind seeing as im still working full time. oh well! it is for mine and the baby's health.
also, something scary which has happend to me this week- i have been feeling tired and breathless since about monday, which i put down to having quite a stressful/emotional weekend (long story!!) but yesterday at work i was in the kitchen preparing the childrens snack when i felt like i was going to pass out! i actually thought if i dont sit down i will fall down, then everything started to go hazy and i was struggling to breathe! the most horrible experience. i went outside and sat in the cool for a bit and it gradually wore off. has anybody else had this happen?? i rang the community mw number on my notes and they said to see my gp, but i decided to wait to see my own mw at my appointment tuesday, im off work til tuesday anyway so im just going to put my feet up and take it easy.
sorry for the worlds longest post! hope eveyones doing ok and has a fab bank holiday weekend! :kiss:

Hey Jen, thanks :)

Sorry to hear about your many check ups - at least they're keeping an eye on you.

I hope your dizzy spell/funny turn was a one off - sounds scary. I guess seeing your regular MW about it is a good plan but if you get anything like it again maybe call NHS 24 and see someone out of hours.

I have low BP and get dizzy if I've go up too fast, or if I've not eaten regularly enough. But anything unrelated to that I'd get checked out. No ones going to give you a hard time for wanting to err on the side of caution.

Hi all, i jst came acccross this thread, I am due with number 2... team pink we think... so scan says! I am due 13th but bubs likely to be delivered around 1st sept xx

Hey everyone, hope you're well!

I've had a busy/weird week... Got lots of things for the baby now (big stuff like pram, cot bed bought by MIL, bless her, lots of other stuff donated) and yesterday bought a dress for my brother's wedding which is in 3 weeks. I splurged a bit in Monsoon, although it was one of their cheaper items!!! Although I'm not normally a dress person I think this one will be great for a pregnant summer, and there's still lots of room for bump despite not being maternity...

https://www.monsoon.co.uk/karina-co...bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,wommaxidress

I got a turquoise shrug too.

The weird part of the week was work - one of my colleagues killed himself last weekend. It's so awful, he was a really nice lad and was only 26, and planning his wedding. So it was a huge shock, and I had to keep a close eye on my team, whilst also worrying about DH as they were friends... I'm so glad the week is over!

Hope everyone (in the UK) is enjoying the bank holiday weekend!

Hi Fran, glad to hear you're keeping well - and that's a lovely dress.

So sorry to hear about your colleague. It's so hard to accept something like that, especially when people are so young - a girl I worked beside did the same about 6 years ago and the effect on our workplace was huge. I hope that as well as looking out for your OH and your team you have some time for yourself, it's a big thing to have to deal with. Take care xx

Morning ladies!

Jen, sounds like they aren’t taking any chances with you then – I guess it’s better that way than the other. I had a similar dizzy/fainting spell in my first pregnancy. It happened whilst I was on a site at work which was a bit embarrassing! I think it’s fairly common in pregnancy.

Welcome Jem :) Sounds like we are both on no. 2 and team :pink: :D

Fran – oh no, how awful about your colleague. Glad you are keeping well and sounds like you are filling the house up with baby stuff, yay!

Had a nice weekend thanks, even if the weather has been shite. Good news is it's a short week and we are off to sunny Mallorca on Saturday :happydance:

Hi All, just checking in - I've been super busy.

Jen, sorry that you have to be seen so much, but at least you'll have that constant reassurance to look forward to.

TT, did you win the award? How did your appointment go yesterday?

Welcome, Jem! Congrats on being team pink!

Smile, Poshie, NicMar, Jessy, everyone else - how are you doing?

I have my follow-up scan today so that they can finish getting all of the measurements that they need. I'm looking forward to seeing baby boy again. Hopefully they'll be able to give me a nice profile shot too - I didn't get one last time.

Is anyone else getting HUGE? I'm feeling positively enormous! People keep asking me when I'm due and then making this face when I tell them. :saywhat:

lucky you poshie! wish i was flying somewhere nice and sunny! this weather really does get you down doesnt it? hope you all have a lovely time. :coolio:

Hey all! :wave:

I'm okay thanks, also feeling ginormous! People always give me the :saywhat: face when I tell them I'm only just over half way as well!

Thanks Jen, can't wait! :D

Best of luck with the scan today SC

Smile and SC - count me in! I feel very big now (and looking at pics of same time when I was pg with my son, I AM bigger this time). I have some reaction from people as you! Even a guy at the checkout at tesco said 'oh...hope you don't get too much bigger then!' Yeah great :shock:

totally agree with you all on feeling massive. i dont remember being this big so soon with my daughter, everything feels like such an effort already! and im only just past half way! oh dear. . . . .

Hi! Scan was great, though she still had a hard time getting all the measurements they needed - I had to flip around a bunch. Baby boy is breech - straight up and down. That explains all of the tap dancing on my bladder, lol!

Poshie, I'm jealous! I hope you have a fantastic time. :thumbup:

Glad all's well Shadowcat. I've recently become acquainted with bladder dancing! It's hard not to yelp when it happens in meetings!

Thanks for asking after the appointment and the award - both are next week. In the meantime we're off for a romantic long weekend in London. Hooray!

The bladder dancing is making me nervous...I'm afraid I'll pee myself sometime soon - sometimes it feels like I'm being drop kicked to the bladder, which I suppose might be the case!

My baby has been notoriously uncooperative with measurements at ultrasounds too...wonder if it's a sign of what we're in for with these little ones lol :dohh:...

Hello all - Sorry I haven't been around much, moving house is hard. Glad the scan went well Shadowcat. :)

I had a midwife appointment yesterday, got to listen to the heartbeat on the doppler. :) The midwife was quite surprised when she started to listen that the baby moved towards the doppler and just stayed there. It's the most cooperative the baby has been so far! But I thought they weren't supposed to like it?

Thankfully, I have yet to be acquainted with bladder dancing, my baby likes to sit on its head and kick just under my belly button!

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing bladder dancing yet either - I'm pretty sure he just likes to flip and do headstands! I will make a point of asking whether he's breech/transverse in my re scan tomorrow though, I just wanna know where abouts he is!

Hope the move is going ok cookies :thumbup:

Ahh my baby is transverse lol so i am also missing out on the bladder dance,:haha: though feeling movement both sides of tum is weird.
I get the out of breath old person look:dohh: i think lo is squeezing my lungs to let me know she's still there!

Yeah, I have to pee about every five minutes because of the bladder dance, but I'm counting my blessings that I haven't starting getting kicked in the ribs or having my lungs squeezed yet. I think that's probably worse! :wacko:

Cookies, how's the new house?

The house is awesome, thank you :)

I did very little of the moving, but I'm still shattered with plenty more to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->