September Stars

:wacko:i'll get the bladder dance soon hopefully lol then i 'll be able to breath properly again

Got my re scan today ladies :) possibly the last time i'll see the little man until we meet face to face!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to share about an awesome event I went to last night in NYC....it's called "The Biggest Baby Shower" and it really is!!! They had seminars, vendors, free gifts, yummy food, huge goody bags and more...it was a really exciting event! They do it in Miami and LA too, but I don't know if there are any outside of the US.

I'm exhausted now because I didn't get home until after 11, but it was worth it...I paid $80 for a ticket, but from what I can tell got several hundred dollars worth of stuff (books, mombo pillow, diaper bag, baby clothes, diapers, bottles, baby gift care sets, etc). If there's anything like this by any of you, definitely check it out!!

Hope everyone's feeling well this week!

Hey ladies. How did your scan go??

Nicmar - Hello there. That mega baby shower thing sounds like great fun! Nothing like that I've come across here. Possibly the baby event things at Earls Court, but I've never been to one.

I am off to Majorca tomorrow for holiday (can't wait!) so won't be on here. I fly back Friday 18th May so will be on again sometime next weekend.

Hope you all stay happy and healthy x

Have a lovely time poshie!! We want pics on your return :haha:

Scan went well, was only in there 5 mins this time as she got his face straight away! She wasn't the most friendly of ladies though. She asked if I had any questions and my mum said 'ooh is he still a he?' and she was like 'that's not what we're here to look for today' which kind of put dampner on the whole thing. Like we knew she only had to see his face, but she showed us hands, feet, etc so it's not like she couldn't have just taken an extra 5 seconds to check it out :shrug:

Ah well. Main thing is everything checked out normal :) Though he's measuring big still :wacko: please slow down! lol

Thanks Smile ;)

Glad the scan went well and the sonographer saw what she needed to see. Shame she wasn't very cooperative on the gender check, some of them are a bit miserable I know.

It's Mother's Day here in the US. Sorry to be dumb, but I don't know if they have that (or if it's the same day) in the UK. :blush: Regardless, I hope all of you Mommies have a very nice day!!

We have ours a different day, forgot when :dohh: i think it was back in march.
Hope all you USA ladies and others that celebrate today are having a good time:flower:. Hope you've had lots of mommy's day prezzies:winkwink:

Hiya, how's everyone doing?

I had a great romantic weekend in london, although I also went to visit a friend in hospital who gave birth 2 weeks early to a wee boy who got pneumonia when he was one day old. She's had a difficult week but thankfully he is on the mend and has taken to breast feeding like a duck to water despite 4 days in intensive care. So that was kind of sobering - you don't think anything bad will happen and yet sometimes it does. I'm so glad they are both all right now.

I had a MW appointment yesterday - everything is fine. Didnt get much time with my new MW because she was at a home birth in the morning and running over an hour late. She seems really great though, very solid and trustworthy, and very positive about natural birth. Also got my Mat1b form so I can formalise my maternity leave yay!

I also came down with a stinking cold yesterday. It's awful! Not taking lemsip is horrendous! I'm thinking I'll probably not go to the awards night (Thursday) as it's 50 miles away and finishes late.

Anyway, that's what's happening to me. How are you all doing?

I need to vent! I'm in a bad mood today and I have a list of complaints!

Is anyone else exhausted all the time again? I am SO tired, and we have so many things going on between the kids' school, activities, Dr. appointments, work, etc. DH is a nightowl, so he only wants to talk, or watch a movie, or "spend time" together after ten pm. THEN the baby is keeping me awake or waking me up every night now, because he waits for me to settle down and get quiet before he wakes up and parties. I'm not getting enough rest!!

Secondly, I'm already HOT, and it's only May. It's 80 degrees Farenheit here and humid, and I'm sweating in the house with the air conditioning turned on. I have NO idea how I'm going to survive the summer when it gets into the 90's every day and I get huge.

Third - I'm finding it hard to breathe already. Anyone else? The only way I can breathe easily is standing or lying - any sitting or reclining position makes me feel short of breath.

Finally, why do stores think that pregnant women don't exercise? I can't find anything suitable to wear to the gym, and I've been to ten stores. I even thought that maybe I could find something that would work in a plus size, but it seems like the same stores think that plus sized women don't work out either. :dohh:

Ok...deep breath....I feel better now, lol. If you made it through all of that, then thanks for letting me get it off my chest!

Hi SC! I think we posted at the same time!

You can totally vent here. And I think you're right about all that.

It's not very hot here in Glasgow but I tend to freak out if the heating is on too high! And I'm totally with you in the lack of decent maternity clothes - whatever size I don't think there's a good enough choice.

TT, I'm glad that your meeting with the MW went well. You're doing a home birth, correct? I'm really looking forward to hearing all about that when the time comes!

So sorry that you're sick. It's awful when you can't take anything for it too.

I hope your friend's son continues to improve.

Thanks Shadowcat - I got word last night that my friend was home at last with her little one. Which is great news.

Yes I'm going for a home birth! It was funny because that was my meeting with the home birth team for the first time and the MW kept telling me not to listen to the people who disapprove of HB -- no ones ever tried to put me off! Everyone has been really positive about it so far.

Thats good TT :thumbup:

I can definitely relate to your rant SC! I'm so freaking tired ALL the time it's unreal. I thought we were meant to get all our energy back in 2nd tri but it's not happened to me yet! We've not had any really nice weather, but I still suffer if OH puts the heating on in the car or anything - I can't take it!

I think the concept of home birth is amazing, and I really admire you for doing it. I'm just too much of a scaredy-cat to consider it! Epidurals are my friend. :blush:

Smile, yes, exactly! Where is all of this second tri energy? I feel much better than I did in first tri, but certainly not energetic at all.

I think the concept of home birth is amazing, and I really admire you for doing it. I'm just too much of a scaredy-cat to consider it! Epidurals are my friend. :blush:

I don't think I'm that brave - more that I have no idea what's coming up!

glad its not just me who's exhausted all the time! just got home after my shift and im sat here thinking can i really do another 11 weeks at work??!!

Me too, Jen! Though you've got a lot longer than I do (I'm sorry!). I've only got two and a half more weeks with the baby and then I'm off for the summer - I wouldn't be able to make it 11 more weeks.

I slept on the sofa last night from about 7 to 8:30pm, then went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 6:30 this morning - and I feel like I didn't sleep at all! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I could use some today, lol. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->