September Stars

im sick of seeing my midwife! i have to go every 2 weeks now and its such a pain. :growlmad:
good luck to everyone who has got appointments coming up though!! x x

I'm back...

The Dr. said that she'd like to see me gain 4-5 pounds by the next time I come in (June 19th), or they'll think about doing an ultrasound to check the growth of the baby. Now I'm kind of freaked out!!:wacko:

I'm certainly not TRYING to not gain weight, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around "you must gain". Do I go out and drink milkshakes or what?

I don't know if everyone goes in 2nd Tri or not, but Vixxen has posted a thread to say that she's had an abnormal reading and is in hospital being given steroids. :nope:

Oh no, Cookies, I've not been there today. I hope she's ok.

Welcome back Poshie - sounds like a good holiday!

SC - nice to be told to gain weight!

I'm all right. Finally fighting off a stinky cold that had me in bed for a week - and I missed the awards night, which was ok because I didn't win! Work is quite hectic at the moment, and I handed in my mat1b form and confirmed I want to stop working on the 10th of August. Yaaay!

I posted on Vixxen's thread and am anxiously watching for updates. It sounded like she got some positive news yesterday.

Smile, how did your appointment go?

TT, how are you feeling?

How's everyone else doing?

Oh God I hope she's okay!

My apt went well :) Listened to the hb which was all good and no more UTI :D

Hello ladies. Sorry it's taking me ages to post in here properly!

Poor Vixxen, that must be so scary. Sounds like things are going in the right direction now so hopefully that will continue for her.

Glad your appt went well Smile. Did your mw feel your tummy and say what way baby is lying?

SC - I'm not surprised with your weight thing - you have been very sick. I'm sure you'll put it on soon enough. I'm sure I am putting on more weight this time than with my son. I feel huge and growing width ways every second!

So, anyone else having Anti D at 28 weeks? Mine is 14 June and I am dreading it as it bloody hurts!

She had a feel but didn't tell me what position he's in or anything - the midwives in my area are really crap. She was half an hour late to my appointment and kept answering calls all through it as she was the only one in the building :dohh:

That's rubbish Smile! I do think it's rude when they answer the phone when they are with you....I know it's a bit tricky if someone is in labour or worried but even so.

Yes, that is VERY rude. I hate it when Dr.'s are too busy to spend any time with you. It makes you wonder if they'll actually have time to deliver the baby, doesn't it? :dohh:

Poshie, I don't know what Anti D is. :blush:

I'm going in the morning for my glucose test. I HATE those. I really, really hope I pass it!

Anti D is for rhesus negative blood, right?

Glad the MW appointment went well, Smile. Mine didn't tell me what way Sugarlump was lying either, but they move around a lot at this stage, it can change. I still get kicked in the bladder a lot though, so either she likes being upright a lot or I just can't really feel anything when she's standing on her head!

I'm feeling better thanks SC. I had a bad cough and felt dizzy for a few days but it seems to finally be clearing up. I went back to work on Monday, which was great. I was going mad at home. This doesn't bode well for maternity leave!

We've got our first NCT class tonight. Neither of us are sure why we need 8 2-hour classes, but we will see!

What's everyone doing to make the most of this heat wave? I'm so hot its horrible! But the sun makes me feel great!

I'm not too bad at the mo, but I'm in a cool office so that probably helps! When I am in the heat, it gets too stuffy too quickly for me! I just need to be still :haha:

Yeah it was annoying. She brought the office phone in with her but that wouldn't stop ringing so she put it back in the office but kept her mobile on her and that kept ringing too lol

TT - yes anti d jab you get if you have negative blood (I am A-). Sorry you have been suffering with a cold recently. How did you nct class go? I did them last time around but decided not to this time. They were great for making firm friends who I still see now.

Smile - it's another hot one today. Luckily we have air con at work but at home, our bedroom is on the 2nd floor af the house and is boiling. It was 27 degrees at about 7pm last night!

How did you glucose test go SC? I think I've only had one random one as part of my booking in bloods. Don't think we get them regularly, do you?

Yeah we have another scorcher too! The upstairs of our house is suffocating! :dohh:

Glasgow was the hottest place in the UK yesterday - and it felt like it!

NCT class was quite good thanks. It was in a room that was hotter than hell so that didn't help! But we covered quite a lot of things and I think it's going to be really good for me and OH to have the shared reference points it will give us. He's also getting to ask questions and think about stuff, which I'd good because he hasn't really thought about any of the details yet!

I also thought there were a few potential friends in the making there - hopefully!

Our due dates were spread more than I thought they would be - some July, some August and some sept. I thought it would be closer than that.

It's hot here too! It was about 90 degrees here today (about 32 celsius, I think). My car's AC is broken, and I had to drive all over the place today, so that wasn't fun - but my house is nice and cool.

Poshie, it's common practice in the US to have a glucose test done between 24-28 weeks to screen for gestational diabetes. I hope I passed it, because if not I'll have to go back and do a longer one and that's SO boring.

It went well, though I had to wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes before they ever even gave me the drink, so I was there for about two hours when all was done. Ugh.

It's hot here too! It was about 90 degrees here today (about 32 celsius, I think). My car's AC is broken, and I had to drive all over the place today, so that wasn't fun - but my house is nice and cool.

Where are you located, shadowcat?

Hi ladies hope you are all well!:flower:Thanks for your support!
I've been told now i have to stay in hospital for the rest of my pregnancy now:cry:.Blood and oxygen flow not any worse but not any better so my hospitals policy is to keep me in for twice daily monitoring and scans 3 times per week.
They are allowing me out on day release:haha: sounds like a prison:haha:and have given me my own room,hopefully i will get to at least to the 3rd trimester and i will be happy with that.
Will update you all again when i can as find posting on phone a little confusing so will be on again when i next have a day release :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->