September Stars

Sorry you have to stay in hosp vix but you're in the best place should anything happen! Keeping everything crossed your little lady stays put for a few more weeks!

Good to hear from you Vixxen, but sorry to hear about your hospital stay. No fun at all :( Hope your little one stays put for a while to come and everything goes smoothly for you now :hugs:

How is everyone doing? Good weekend? I am feeling more and more knackered these days....I'm sure more than last time but I think it's because I have a toddler to consider this time too. It doesn't take much exercise to make me feel exhausted these days. I know the heat doesn't help either. I'll be 6 months pregnant tomorrow, so 3/4 of the way through already! :shock:

Hiya Vixxen, sorry you've got to stay in but as they say, you're in the best place for them to keep an eye on you. Hope the wee one stays put for a wee while longer.

Hi Poshie, Smile and everyone else. I'm doing ok... Love the sunshine but the heat makes me cranky. I cried yesterday because my friend wanted me to meet her in a country park, which would be an easy 30 minute cycle but is a nightmare hour long tube, bus and walk away... I got it into my head that she had been insensitive to suggest it, so I declined and felt upset that I've become so immobile!

I'm eating a lot these days - I really feel like I'm getting biiig! But that's probably because I wasnt very big before. By the end of the day my feet seem to have doubled in width!

At least the sickness seems to have properly stopped (hence the eating) and my cold is all but gone.

I still feel like a moany cow at the moment though.

hi vixen, sorry to hear you are having a rough time and having to stay in hospital, no fun i know, i had a month long stay before the birth of my daughter. chin up and remember it is for the best!
hope everyone else is keeping well, im feeling so huge right now and not enjoying being pregnant in this heat! so tired all the time and cant wait for baby to be here now! poshie pointing out that we are 3/4 of the way there though has cheered me up!!

Vixxen, no fun staying in the hospital, but as everyone else said, you're in the best place! Here's hoping for well into third tri for you. :thumbup:

Hope everyones okay :flower:

Roo has been very quiet since yesterday evening - should I be worried? Usually he's very active in the evenings and morning...:wacko:

Morning :)

I'm 6 months today! I made a mistake yesterday Jen, should have said 2/3 of the way through not 3/4. Still good though eh?

Smile, try not to worry. I have had a similar situation recently, then I'll get a nudge to remind me she's okay in there. It's normal for them to have quieter times, especially if they are concentrating on a growth spurt. If you get very worried though, do phone your midwife.

My feet have already grown....I'm sure it wasn't til third tri last time around. I bought some new shoes in my usual size, but they are too small!

Smile, I think it's probably ok - I had the same thing happen and went to the Dr. and everything was fine. She told me that they just have quiet times sometimes. Try drinking something sugary and/or very cold, and then lying down and being very still - I bet you'll start to feel your little one. :) I agree though, if you're worried it never hurts to call the Dr./Midwife.

TT and Poshie, I hope my feet don't grow anymore! I already wear a pretty large size for my height, I'd hate to have to go up any bigger. I have a friend, though, who's feet have gone up THREE sizes after four kids. She has a hard time finding shoes and has taken to buying mens. :wacko:

I'm tired! I ended up with a five day vacation, as the baby's Mom is a teacher and had some extra time off for the end of the school year. We had guests all weekend and did a fairly large home improvement project, then spent all day yesterday (Memorial Day here in the US) at the pool. The baby is here today, but I'm going to spend the day being as quiet as possible so that I can recover!

Hi everyone.

Sugarlump has some quiet days, and then some really active ones. I think I tired her out today because I had some peanut M&Ms and she did a lot of jumping about! Other days I can barely feel her, but as you all say, they go quiet when they're developing, bar the odd gentle movement or kick.

I've just had my mat leave confirmed. Last day is 10th August, and I'm using my remaining holidays to go down to 4 days a week till then. Yaay.

Hope everyone had a good day today xx

My name's Angel, I'm 19 (20 this June), and I'm due September 4th with baby #1 (it's a boy!).

Hi ladies had to discharge myself (social services issues! won't go into though to much still angry foster care was mentioned)will still be having the extra monitoring and being extra vigilant myself!
I was wondering today as its so hot here in birmingham uk tonight how hot is it in the other parts of the world? this is the first pregnancy i've been this far gone during only early summer so dreading in some ways:dohh: being even bigger when its hotter!
Thinking positive! i'm at least getting to August.(hopefully)

Welcome, Angel! :flower: Congrats on your first little boy.

Vixxen, so sorry you're having such a hard time. Hopefully you'll be more comfortable at home? Will you switch hospitals now?

It's pretty hot here now, and only destined to get hotter. We're seeing between 80 and 90 degrees Farenheit every day now (my converter says 26-32 degrees Celsius, don't know if that's accurate). I'm already feeling pretty miserable myself. Working out is getting harder and harder every day.

TT, yay for 4 day work weeks! When is everyone else finished working? I've got 7 more days, since I'm done when Mom's school year is done. I don't think I'd make it to August. :blush:

I finish 3rd august, so the rest of this week and 9 more weeks to go! cant wait! i had the day off monday this week for my wedding anniversary so had a taste of my maternity leave and i LOVED it!!! :cloud9:

I'll be finishing Wednesday 8th August. I have a meeting with HR in 35 minutes to hand me my MatB1 and finalise my dates! 10 weeks today, I'm excited! :)

I have next week off and I think it's going to be really hard to come in after that.

:wacko: Just wrote a post then lost it!!

Welcome Angel, we are due date buddies :D

Sorry you are having such a rough time Vixxen, that's rubbish. Hope it gets better for you very soon.

Looks like I might be one of the last to stop work as I finish 16 August. I'll rake annual leave from then, up until due date (4 Sept) at which point maternity leave and pay will start.

Struggling a bit now with exhaustion....the heat, work and a 22 month old boy aren't helping ;)

Need to ring midwife to book 28 wk appt....also got anti d jab on 14 June :(

Welcome, Angel!

Vixxen, sorry you're having a hard time. Hopefully you'll be ok at home. Take it easy!

I'm sort of worrying about finishing work, I feel like I'm running out of time to get a lot of things done. I just got a pay rise today, which I kind of didn't expect to get, because I am going on leave, but I'm not complaining!

Poshie, don't you just get your next appointment made at the appointment? If you know what I mean? We just make them at the end of the appointment. My next one is June 11. I'm going to make a list of questions for it as I've got to start thinking about what I need for my home birth.

TT - no we don't make appt at the end of an appt. Apparently the diary doesn't go that far ahead or something? I don't know. This means I have to remember to ring up to make the next one; although my Anti D appt is made by the mw with the hospital direct. Routine mw appts are at my docs surgery so that's who I have to ring up.

How is everyone feeling today? Any plans for the long weekend? It will actually only be a 2 day week for me next week as I have Weds off too :D

I've got a friend coming to stay and we're going to a spa on saturday. Yaaay!

Poshie - that's annoying about the appointments. Maybe people are more likely to keep them if they make them nearer the time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->