September Stars

Oh, we only get Monday off. My employer never gives us the extra hols like royal weddings etc. :-(

TT - that's rubbish about your employer not giving you the extra bank holidays! It's not like it's every year is it. Bah humbug ;)

So it's finally Friday and I can look forward to a stretch of 5 days off work, yipee! :happydance:

I was prodding tummy last night in bed and I can feel hard bits!

Hi, everyone. Just popping in to say, I was posting in the 2nd tri forum earlier, and I noticed that I'm at double digits now - 99 days to go!! Does it seem to anyone else as if this pregnancy is going by super fast?:wacko:

Hey SC :) I hadn't looked at the countdown - yes that is scary and most definitely YES this pregnancy is flying by for me!

is anyone else suffering from really bad heartburn/indigestion? its getting so bad now i dont feel like eating because i know what will follow. Even starting to get it after eating lunch, which is just a sandwich or something on toast. Night time is the worst though, haven't slept properly for days because of the burning.:nope: Drinking my weight in gaviscon. Feeling really fed up and sorry for myself. :cry:

Ach, they gave me a pay rise 10 weeks before I go on mat leave - they're not all bad! I shouldn't complain!

I agree, I think the pregnancy has sped up. Probably since I stopped being sick, a month ago. I've got heartburn instead but at least I can take gaviscon for that. Jen - I find the double action tablets are really effective.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Jen, I have too - mine strikes most often in the middle of the night also, and it doesn't seem to matter what I've had to eat or drink. Even water can and will set it off! I had it bad with my other two as well. That old wive's tale about heartburn signaling babies with lots of hair is definitely not true, though, or at least it wasn't for us - both of my boys were completely bald. :haha:

it is the worst, although last night i had the best night for weeks! i read up on how relieve symptoms, i made sure i sat up right for over an hour after eating my tea, and took gaviscon straight after eating, before any symptoms started i also drank loads of water and. . . no heartburn last night!! :thumbup: might just be a fluke though!
Whats everyone up to the weekend? im off to a wedding reception tonight, which will be nice.

Jen, glad you're feeling better! I haven't tried Gaviscon, if it works then I'll go and get some.

So, I got on the scale this morning - yikes! When the Dr. told me to gain at least 4 pounds this month, I thought I'd have trouble. Well, I've put on 3 more in the last two weeks! :blush: I haven't been exercising as much, though, so I wonder if that's what did it? I just have to keep telling myself that it's OK to be gaining weight, and that baby is putting on weight now as well.

How's everyone else doing? Vixxen, how are you?

Edited to update: I just got a call from my Dr.'s office - I failed my glucose test. Now I have to go back in and take the three hour version. Ugh!!! They also said that I'm anemic, so I have to start taking iron supplements.

I really, really, REALLY hope that I don't fail the 3 hour test. Gestational diabetes through the summer? No thank you!!

Edited to update: I just got a call from my Dr.'s office - I failed my glucose test. Now I have to go back in and take the three hour version. Ugh!!! They also said that I'm anemic, so I have to start taking iron supplements.

I really, really, REALLY hope that I don't fail the 3 hour test. Gestational diabetes through the summer? No thank you!!

Oh no! Hopefully it was just a blip and the full test puts you in the clear.

What is the treatment for gestational diabetes? Is it unpleasant?

I'm having a nice weekend, went to a spa on Saturday, which was lovely. They had an outdoor spa pool which wasn't that hot and was safe for pregnant ladies, so me and my friend sat in that till we went wrinkly! I also had a facial which was sooooo relaxing. Sugarlump did a lot of moving about when I was getting it so I couldn't fall asleep!

Another friend and I have a spa day planned when we hit 30 weeks, so I'm already looking forward to that. Spas are the way to go.

Although we are off today I am trying to do some work at home. I can't really concentrate though. I've just been in town to buy some maternity bras, knickers and tights. My normal tights and knicks are really hurting me these days and I've grown out of the first preg bras! I'm feeling quite large these days!

Oh no, hope you don't fail the next test sc.:hugs: I had to have iron tabs in my first pregnancy. My booking in bloods were good this time tough, think its because I have been taking prenatals since November last year.

Heartburn has been troubling me since about 16 weeks....I have so e tennis next to my bed for when it strikes in the night, but I can get it any time of day. :(

Spa day sounds lovely....I'm tempted to book half a day and get dh to babysit ;)

Thanks Sc for asking things are not good,scan from monday shows a worsening of my situation so am expecting to be back in hospital tomorrow.

Will be going for my GTT test fri myself as had gestational diabetes last time, managed to avoid insulin (just lol) and was able to control it by diet.
Though the pricking of my fingers countless times a day was actually more annoying than painful :dohh: at least i escaped the injections, and being induced 2 weeks early was a plus for me. Had polyhydramnios with that pregnancy too:dohh: i think this will be my last pregnancy!:winkwink:

sorry to hear scan didnt go well vixen. Have the hospital given you a plan of action? x

Happy 26 weeks vixxen! Sorry about your scan :hugs:

Hope everyone is okay! Can you believe we're all heading into 3rd tri already? We're almost there!

I've been lurking a bit in the third tri forum, it's kind of scary in there, lol. Everyone is contracting and packing for the hospital and whatnot. They seem really nice though.

Vixxen, I'm sorry that you're not getting better news, but yay for 26 weeks! Does the hospital have a goal week that they're shooting for? I'd think the longer, the better. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

I'm going to take the GTT on Monday, I think. I'm going to avoid any excess sugar after tomorrow, and eat a lot of protein over the weekend. I can't tell you how much I do NOT want to have to prick my finger every day, and there's no way in H-ll that I'm going to give myself injections, so I really want to pass this test! I'm on day three of the iron, and so far I'm not seeing any difference. I started a thread about it the other day and some ladies said that it takes a couple of weeks. It'd be nice to not get exhausted doing the dishes. :thumbup:

TT, the spa sounds WONDERFUL. I think I'll start saving my money now and plan for a spa day, maybe next month.

Hey, does anyone know how many weeks we need to be in order to move on from being an eggplant?

Morning ladies :) Officially in 3rd Tri, can't believe it! This pregnancy is truly flying by.

Vixxen - sorry about your scan, news it must be a worry. :hugs: Nearly 3rd tri for you, must be a good thing :D

SC - I do'nt blame you on the not wanting to prick finger/take insulin thing......really hope ti doesn't come to that after your next test. I would HATE that.

On the subject of eggplant - it seems like an age since I've been on that! No idea how long it will last........

I mentioned spa to my DH. Think I am going to book a treatment (so not an entire day but hey) at my local spa for a Mama Mia Yummy Mummy Tummy treatment which includes nice bump things plus, head, neck and shoulder massage. They do a 25% discount on a wednesday so will go for that I think :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->