September Stars

I'm going to a spa for OH's sisters hen do in july with his family and am having a pre-natal massage :cloud: 85 minutes long! Can't wait!

Hope everyone is okay today - I'm so unbelievably tired :(

Hi Smile. Some spa treatment sounds lovely doesn't it, I can't wait either! Really need to get it booked ;)

You are looking pretty big (but lovely) in your photo there.....I am too. Bending over is so uncomfortable these days and I do alot of that tidying up after a 22 month old! I have a hideous cold/cough going on so not feeling great. Heartburn is pretty bad too.

Hi everyone, hugs to the tired, heartburny people and all my good thoughts to Vixxen too.

I've got SPD. It's been manageable for the last wee while but it now means I've got to sleep on my back propped up on lots of pillows and it hurts when I walk around. I'm really tired from lack of sleep and my morning sickness has come back! I am pretty much counting the hours (1512) until I am on maternity leave and can do NOTHING for a few weeks. Seems like forever!

My mum told me I was a big moaner last night. I cried. I count my blessings that I'm healthy and my baby probably is healthy too, but this is really hard work and I've just not really been able to enjoy being pregnant. I've just got my eyes on the prize. Grinning and bearing it.

TT :hugs: to you. Whoever says pregnancy is easy is a liar! I don't think you're a moaner at all. You've done really well dealing with your particularly bad ms (so sorry it's back) and now you have spd, that's really not nice. I have to say I am struggling more this time around and am so tired every day. It is exhausting being pregnant and working etc etc. In some ways I am glad the pregnancy is flying by, as like you, I have my eyes on the prize! Hope you manage to get comfortable and have a half decent night's sleep :hug: I can't comment on your parent's situation, but certainly my parents and my DH's parents had it much easier with us - mums not having to work etc. Our generation does tend to have it harder these days. x

Thanks Poshie. I really needed that. :)

It is harder now! My mum didn't have a job till I was 7 years old!

TT, I'm so sorry - I've heard that can be really, really rough. Sorry your ms is back too - I can't even imagine. Could you get your mw to sign off on something so that you could take maternity leave sooner?

You are definitely NOT a moaner - having one of those things is hard, but both is more than one person needs. You're always so positive here, I think you're doing a great job.

I know it's cliche, but it will really all be worth the pain, discomfort, and hassle when our babies arrive, and you'll forget all of this. That's why women go on to have more babies. :winkwink:

Hang in there and :hugs: to you.

Thanks SC! I know it'll all be worth it in the end. I know more what to expect with what children are like than I ever knew what to expect being pregnant. I am expecting there to be fewer unpleasant surprises!

This is a great wee group. I'm so looking forward to when we all have our babies and we can share our stories about them.

i totally sympathsise tt! this pregnancy is definately harder than my first! i loved every moment of that pregnancy, but this time i just cant wait for it to be over! oh well! as you said, eyes on the prize! x x

hellooo everyone can i join in the conversation?

hugs to tinytabby, i am really in agony with the spd- its every day and nothing relieves it. makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. when it really flares up i have to roll off the bed sideways onto the floor and then crawl where i need to go. DH has had a few laughs when ive opened the door for him that way.

feel better to see im not the only one struggling with exhaustion- getting through a day teaching is like a marathon. i have to keep going until as close as possible to the birth as i hear the school only gives 30 days maternity leave... how am i gonna do that!

hope you are all well!

Hello Ying and welcome to the September Stars :D Looking at your ticker, are you due 1 September? If so, you should be the first in the group to have your baby! I was going to question the 30 days maternity leave, until I noticed you are in Bangkok so I guess your entitlement is alot less there........:(

Can I ask what does the spd feel like?

hi!

its this ridiculously sharp pain between my legs and right under my butt that makes it oddly impossible to stand or sit up once ive sat down or laid down, means i shuffle-waddle around school looking more pregnant than i am. cant even roll over in the night and dread waking up needing to pee. bones seem to be loose it feels like my pelvis is in pieces and all crunchy. its aggravated the bad low to mid back pain i already had before
pregnant and sciatic nerve inflamed which feels like legs are on fire. i can sort of manage it with yoga and stretching and keeping active in the pool. but its a daily struggle i agree with tinytabby it makes it hard to enjoy pregnancy. certain yoga poses in the morning will
mean i can make it through the day better ive found. and one day 2 weeks ago it eased off for the whole day which was like christmas! :)

Oh goodness, sounds horrendous. I assume there's not much you can do for it, other than exercise either.

Are you doing any yoga type exercise TT? I think you said you were.......

Hi Ying - glad you made it here :hugs:

I'm doing yoga - yes. It is good and I do usually feel a bit better after it. I am also working from home today and sitting on an exercise ball and this seems to help. I've also made an appointment to see an osteopath next week so hopefully doing some things will make me feel better!

Jen - I am hoping that the actual birth will be more 'enjoyable' (if that's possible) than the pregnancy! I was also out with a friend for tea last night and she has a one year old and just kept saying lovely things about being a mum, so it's all good in the end!

Being a Mum is the best thing in the world! :D It is very different when you have YOUR OWN child...you cannot explain the love you feel.

My DH is a chiropractor and has helped ladies with SPD, so if it ever happens to me I should be in good hands ;)

Being a Mum is the best thing in the world! :D It is very different when you have YOUR OWN child...you cannot explain the love you feel.

I am so excited about this. I sometimes forget I'm in this state because I wanted to be a mum! But it's an important thing to remember!

My DH is a chiropractor and has helped ladies with SPD, so if it ever happens to me I should be in good hands ;)

That is lucky! Mine works in architecture, which is sort of useful if you need a full structural survey of your house!

On that note, a girl in my NCT group was saying yesterday the whole birth thing is quite difficult because her OH is a Dr and thinks he knows everything!

Poshie - lucky you have a chiropractor husband! i wouldnt know where to trust in thailand. my husband gives a great thai massage and it really helps with that weird butt pain and sciatica to losen everything up. but his hands get tired so i dont get as long as feels needed - i found myself saying last night "please please, i will pay you to keep going!"

TT is your sleep really broken up because of the pain? i think i wake up over and over, give an spd-groan-whimper and then go back to sleep again!

its encouraging to hear your positivity both of you about motherhood. this pregnancy wasnt planned and a big drama from the start as TT knows... so i didnt even feel any sort of joy about my son until a month ago when we were name-thinking. still even now id mentally prepared myself for this incredibly difficult year, and just getting through it day to day rather than focusing on the prize. i wish i could relax for even one day and feel glad about everything! i wish my baby were able to feel as wanted as yours did from the start.

Yes, I'm not sleeping at all well at the moment. I've given up trying to sleep on my sides because it gets too painful with or without pillows, and am sleeping on my back propped up with lots of pillows. It's so hard to sleep though.

Last night I woke up loads of times and was awake between 3.30 and 5.30, just not sleeping! Eventually I put my hypnobirthing cd on my ipod and that sent me to sleep.

My OH has taken to sleeping in the spare room because my just being awake wakes him up, let alone my constant reorganisation of pillows!

awww, its difficult as this is the time we're supposed to be getting alot of sleep. Do you have a pregnancy pillow? They are a big thing in thailand, everyone sleeps with them - these long thin pillows. i find that straddling it between my legs takes some pressure off the pelvis and inner thighs. i try alot of positions - i rotate side, back, side and the night i got the best nights sleep i woke up to find id flipped so my head was towards the foot end of the bed, and my feet were propped up on the headboard with the pillows under my knees. i dont even remember manouvering that! DH woke up and groaned "oh my god" as i was violating so many thai rules of etiquette about feet staying low and away from heads, not up in the air pointing at the picture of his dead mum...

- is OH understanding about it though? i take all the pillows sometimes leaving poor DH with nothing but a small neck pillow, or even prop my legs up on him using him as a pillow - i am usually really out of it at night though just desperate for sleep!

These babies have a lot to answer for - including making us break cultural etiquettes! I never guessed they would be so much trouble before they were born...

Yes, I bought a pregnancy pillow. I didn't get on with it, it felt a bit claustrophobic (and OH complained about how big it was!) so took to putting normal pillows between my legs and under my bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->