September Stars

Ooh lots to catch up on - hi ying! :wave:

I don't have a pregnancy pillow but I do have a V shaped one which is so comfy! It's huge but if i'm just using the one side, OH will share it with me :haha:

Ying I can relate to how you feel....this is our second baby but she wasn't exactly planned...we were deciding whether we wanted another when I found myself pg. I had 2mc before my son was finally born after a year of full on ttc. Complete opposite this time around! It took us both a while to come to terms with it, but now we have and can't wait to meet our little girl. I won't pretend I'm not scared about how I'll cope but I know everything will be worth it...there is no greater love in the world than I feel for my son and I'm sure this will be the same for my daughter X

Wahoo am out of hospital again, after 2 nights.:wacko:
Have a feeling i'm going to have a very up and down journey to the end:dohh:
but am so happy to be over 26 weeks now!
And all i can say about the GTT is ouch, i have such problems when it comes to having bloods drawn, or should i say the midwives:haha:
How is everyone today? i'm so relieved the weather has cooled down here.
The poor kids though half term and it rains all week!

good morning from bangkok! i guess you are all sleeping :)

Poshie i think you sound like an amazing mum and your little boy has an adorable smile there im assuming its him in the pic. i hope my boy is as happy as that given how stressed and miserable ive been this last seven months. plus the unstable situation with the father and living abroad. i want to do my absolute best for him despite all that. i always wanted to be a mum, this just seemed and still does like the worst possible time in my life. i wasnt emotionally strong even before i found out and now im completely wiped out, just getting through it as best i can. it felt like a cruel joke when i got the bfp as was using birth control. i keep thinking about the first moment i get to hold baby and how it will feel after everything weve gone through this year. i imagine ill bawl!!

TT i think the pillow we have is not a proper pregnancy pillow its a long thin one that doesnt curve round which feels really comfy to hug. it doesnt take much room, but if you had the one i saw in backup plan movie i can understand as that was huge. if DH spoons me (but usually we are grumpy and kicking eachother all night instead) something about his body heat feels really nice and sooths those aches.
would LOVE a nice warm bath!!! im keeping an eye out for any big plastic container. epsom salts are good for pains if you put them in the bath.

vixxen hope you are ok - not sure why you are in hospital but hope baby is ok. hang in there.

how much paid maternity leave are you all getting? when i first told director i was pregnant she said she thought it was 90days with 45paid. but some of the filipino teaching assistants only got 30, and theres a hungarian teacher at 37weeks who is still teaching as shes only getting 30. thai law is the 90days/45paid but the law means very little here. i dont know how ill make it to 38 weeks pregnant and teaching!

Hi Ying423,
I have what they call IUGR (growth ******ation) and Uteroplacental insufficiency,basically my babies blood and oxygen flow is compromised.
The flow was ok on fri but monday is a another day and it could be bad again then.:dohh:I get scanned 3 times a week and now finally get the ecg monitoring as well :happydance: as am over 26 weeks.
Can't help on the maternity pay as i am a stay at home mom at the moment , lucky really in some ways :haha: these hospital stays they probably try and get rid of me lol.

Vixxen, glad you are out of hospital again and I hope your next scan is a more positive one :hugs:

Ying, thank you for your lovely comment. I can pretty much guarantee you will bawl when you hold your son, perhaps even more because of what you have been through :hugs:

As an employee in UK, I am entitled to up to 52 weeks leave with 39 weeks of that being paid at 90% of my average monthly wage for 6 weeks and 33 weeks at £135/week. The final 3 months would be unpaid. I shall personally just be taking the 9 months paid leave.

Welcome, Ying! I can't imagine what you ladies are going through with the SPD - it sounds awful. Have either of you tried swimming? I wonder if getting in the water would take some of the pressure off?

Vixxen, good to hear that you get to be at home for awhile. I'm so glad that you've been able to make it this far, hope you keep going as long as possible!

Having had two children, I can vouch for the fact that your awe and love just grow with each one - there is nothing on earth like the feeling of holding your little one for the first time. :cloud9: I'm so looking forward to it!!!

Third tri now, yikes! It's getting really real!

Hope all of you ladies have a very nice weekend.

Ying and Smile - I like the sound of your pillows. I gave mine another go last night and got into a good position and actually had a pretty good nights sleep. So hopefully things will be ok now!

SC - I think that swimming breast stroke at the spa last week might have exacerbated the problem. It felt great at the time but since then it's been so much worse, I'm not sure if because I felt so light in the water I overdid things. I'm seeing an osteopath on Friday so hopefully she'll put things back where they should be!

On the maternity leave question, I'm pretty lucky. I get 6 weeks full pay, 4.5 months half pay and then 3 months on statutory pay, so I'll be taking those 9 months off. Ying, I hope you do get the full amount entitled to you!

Vixxen, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

just found this thread, i am due 21st september with little girl. already have a almost 5 year old son :D

TT so glad you got a good nights sleep! is OH still sleeping in the other room?

Shadowcat - i love swimming, i was a professional swimmer and so have always swam. been going everyday except tired weeks while pregnant. now i just swim at a relaxed intensity rather than push it, but it feels great! i have wanted to keep active while pregnant and swimming is the best way for me as i dont get so hot and it definitely helps with stress and energy levels. if i swim and do yoga after it really helps my spd problems.
ive found that its best to try and keep active with spd, if i just let it turn me into a couch potato it seems alot less manageable. do you swim? i found a pregnant-western-teacher buddy here at my school last week she is still swimming every day at 37weeks!

I can swim well, and like the pool, but laps are hard for me - I can do about four pool lengths before I'm completely exhausted, lol. I like to use the kickboard, though.

Lynne, welcome to you too!!! :flower:

Morning Stars :) Welcome to the gang Lynne :D

The only 'swimming' I do is take my son to a hydrotherapy pool for a splash! Never been a strong swimmer, but I can swim.

Lots of flooding down my way overnight.......my usual 5 min drive to work took me an hour this morning! Apparently my childminder is cut off so don't know what's going to happen this afternoon - my DH has my son this morning and usually drops him off around lunchtime,......I may end up having to go home to look after him!

Can I join? Only just found this thread I'm due 27th with my blue bump my DD is 5 in October x

welcome shezza! :hi:
its very quiet here at the moment! hope that means everyone is doing well? has anyone had their 28 week bloods taken? i saw my mw yesterday and she didnt mention anything, and im not seeing her again now until 30 weeks. :nope:

Hi Shezza! :wave:

My 28 appointment will be next week (when I ring up and arrange it :blush:) but I'm pretty sure the midwife mentioned bloods last time so I think I'll be getting them done. They're gonna start measuring me as well :thumbup:

Maybe give her a call and ask her? She may have just forgot - my mw forgot to listen to Roo's hb at 16 weeks :dohh:

Hey ladies, welcome shezza :wave:

I had my 28 week mw appt yesterday actually....had full blood count done, bp fine, urine find, hearbeat heard, fundal height measuring 28 weeks :thumbup: next appt 31 weeks, but I will be away so may wait til 34 weeks.

Feeling pretty big and knackered now...tiredness is back!

I had to have yesterday and monday afternoon off cause I was so exhausted. Went to bed really early yesterday and I feel much better today :thumbup:

Definitely feeling the hugeness now though!

Welcome Shezza! :flower:

Hi everyone!

Poshie, why did you have so much flooding? Is everything ok there now?

Vixxen, how are you doing? Are you still at home?

TT, how's your sickness? Better, I hope.

Jen, what do they check for when they take blood at 28 weeks? I don't think we do that here.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm taking the iron now, which seems to be helping with the exhaustion. My 28 week appt is on Tuesday next week.

I had my 3 hour glucose test on Monday - bleahrgh! They made me drink a more concentrated level of the glucose drink and it make me feel really ill - plus, sitting in the lab for three hours (and getting bloods drawn four times in one day) wasn't too fun. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday if I passed. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->