September Stars

Hiya, welcome Shezza and Lynne!

I'm feeling better today, thanks SC. threw up yesterday but I'm feeling pretty good today. Hopefully that week was just a blip!

I had my 28 wk appointment today. Everything was as it should be, all looking good. Sugarlump was sitting nice and upside down with her head resting on my pelvis apparently. I think this is one of her preferred positions and it might explain some of my discomfort!

I had bloods taken - think its just another full blood count, clotting, iron, that kind of thing?

I hope everything goes ok with your test SC - fingers crossed all will be well for Tuesday! Hope all the floods have gone Poshie.

:hi: Sc and everyone !

Was in hospital for a couple of nights so haven't been on for a while, and all this testing is peeing me off lol.
Wahoo i've finally made it into the third trimester.

Sc fx your gtt is clear!
I am lucky i guess as this time it hasn't got me :happydance: have enough of the other issues i've got lol

Glad you're doing ok Vixxen. Congratulations on getting into the 3rd tri!

Morning :)

Congrats on 3rd Tri Vixxen, it's a big milestone! Glad your gtt was clear :D

SC - it doesn't often flood here.....this time it was just a case of lots of rainfall over a short period of time and more to the point, lack of infrastructure for decent drainage. It all went away by the next morning, so just a short lived panic there.

I have my anti - d jab today, 2pm! :(

Feeling a bit worried as my son has to go to the dentist today as he has a dodgy tooth. It always had a pink patch on it, as soon as it came through. But the pink has turned grey and his gum swelled yesterday. Think it might be a patch of weak enamel. DH is taking him to the dentist at 12.10pm for her opinion. Hope he doesn't have to have it pulled :(

Morning :)

Congrats on 3rd Tri Vixxen, it's a big milestone! Glad your gtt was clear :D

SC - it doesn't often flood here.....this time it was just a case of lots of rainfall over a short period of time and more to the point, lack of infrastructure for decent drainage. It all went away by the next morning, so just a short lived panic there.

I have my anti - d jab today, 2pm! :(

Feeling a bit worried as my son has to go to the dentist today as he has a dodgy tooth. It always had a pink patch on it, as soon as it came through. But the pink has turned grey and his gum swelled yesterday. Think it might be a patch of weak enamel. DH is taking him to the dentist at 12.10pm for her opinion. Hope he doesn't have to have it pulled :(

Hiya girls thanks for the welcome Im off work today it feels so good not rushing around!

Vixxen hope you feel better soon I'm not getting my gtt test until 5 July. Poshie don't worry sounds like an abscess we don't usually take out teeth especially with kids unless it's beyond repair if it's a baby tooth and nerve is affected they will do an pulpotomy and take a bit if the nerve out and it will be all better until his new tooth come through it just holds the space until then if it's not affecting nerve they will clean the decay and fill it and he will be fine. Introduce children's mouth wash now my DD uses one made by reach and has bubblegum flavour x

Shezza, thank you very much for the advice! You must be in the industry ;) I can't help but worry, my poor little man. I guess they will have to do any work under anesthesia (which I don't like the idea of) as there's no way he'd hold his mouth open for any treatment.

Aww bless him sometimes it's best to refer to a paediatric dentist in the hospital we try very hard not to traumatise adult and children as it puts them off every coming back. I treat many kids and they are never aware or get scared to come back once they trust you won't hurt them, I hope his dentist was gentle x

mu DS is 5 and because he has aspergers and some other mental health issues his eating is terrible and he has used to refuse to brush teeth or see a dentist so we now have to get 9-12 teeth taken out under general anesthetic i am scared but i know be okay, and better than him always being ill from bad teeth. he's been on antibiotics since february! we're hoping he gets the teeth out before he starts school in august... hope you get some help most dentists are great with kids, we have only meet one idiot who said my son was special needs and refused to treat him and really had a go at me, never going back to him but hopefully wont have too :D

I am 26weeks tomorrow can not believe it, i was 33weeks when i had my son but 31+1 whem my waters broke and went into labour with DS. so we're trying to get everything sorted for before 33rd week of this pregnancy so the first week in august. as said about DS starts school in August so i am little worried about birth and starting school classing would break my heart to miss it. but got to play it by ear. we still have alot to do in the house, we had considered moving as we only have a 2 bedroom flat at the moment and both bedrooms are rather small but with some work we've managed to work a cotbed into our room somewhat but little room left, we're gutting the whole house and needing to try and find some space to put everything, baby's stuff is currently all piled in her cot at the moment and got the moses baskets in the cupboard full of clothing. so need to get everything out and sorted in the right place so we've not got too much to do when baby is born... feels very overwhelming, here i thought i had done well by having everything bought for baby forgot about the house lol.....

sorry long rant here.... how is everyone today?

Aw, you ladies with small kids that need work on their teeth - it'll be ok. :hugs: Better now when they have baby teeth than later when their permanent teeth come in!

Vixxen, a huge congrats to you on making it to third tri!

I passed the glucose test!!! :happydance: I'm SO relieved. I got that news today, right after my oldest son's 5th grade graduation. It's been an eventful day. Now I'm ready for a nap, lol.

Lynne, I'm with you - we have so, so much to do to get ready, and the thought of it is very overwhelming. It doesn't help that we've done absolutely nothing, either. :blush:

Aw, you ladies with small kids that need work on their teeth - it'll be ok. :hugs: Better now when they have baby teeth than later when their permanent teeth come in!

Vixxen, a huge congrats to you on making it to third tri!

I passed the glucose test!!! :happydance: I'm SO relieved. I got that news today, right after my oldest son's 5th grade graduation. It's been an eventful day. Now I'm ready for a nap, lol.

Lynne, I'm with you - we have so, so much to do to get ready, and the thought of it is very overwhelming. It doesn't help that we've done absolutely nothing, either. :blush:

great on glucose test :D i have mine in 2 weeks :d can you tell me what you had to do...

def agree on the work when they are young james is 5 on friday he's not wanting to get teeth removed so not looking forward to that but has to be done.

i decided to get up and look at beeding and such for the baby and just found i might have about 20 moses basket sheets lol

Hey shadowcat great news on GTT I'm dreading mine as I've had sugar overload throughout lol

Lynne bless your little boy I'd advise to get some Muslim squares and have paracetamol or calpol on standby although if I'm honest children's nurophren is best but can cause stomach inflammation if he has too much. It's not nice when their upset it will be a shock once he's awake as might be achy for a few days I hope he settles in school without any problem my DD also has special needs she has specific speech and language impairment so dosnt really talk much starts her new school september its scary as its not nursery and she won't get as much help as she does now.

My house is a dump it's a new build flat and still need painting, flooring etc and I need furnitures I have way too much financial bits to do and can't fully put all my funds into getting everything done its driving me crazy lol

Hey shadowcat great news on GTT I'm dreading mine as I've had sugar overload throughout lol

Lynne bless your little boy I'd advise to get some Muslim squares and have paracetamol or calpol on standby although if I'm honest children's nurophren is best but can cause stomach inflammation if he has too much. It's not nice when their upset it will be a shock once he's awake as might be achy for a few days I hope he settles in school without any problem my DD also has special needs she has specific speech and language impairment so dosnt really talk much starts her new school september its scary as its not nursery and she won't get as much help as she does now.

My house is a dump it's a new build flat and still need painting, flooring etc and I need furnitures I have way too much financial bits to do and can't fully put all my funds into getting everything done its driving me crazy lol

thanks hun got both and they said they will inject him with painkillers before they bring him round and then keep him topped up if needed swo sure they can get it under control. he can't have bprofen as he's asthmatic. so thats not possible sadly :( i had teeth taken out under sedation, but was horrible i am dreading it more so being heavily pregnant etc, my sister had this done last year at the same age and she was fine, i am little worried as his veins are like mine so wont be getting a needle or anything in there anytime so they have to use gas. he will settle into school he's not got issues settling, he's mentally delayed so wasn't meant to be going to school this year but council refused to fund him nursery so had to go to school just worried about putting him into school and me going into labour with baby and disapearing :( aww thats a shame james never got any support so he's not missing anything i put him into a great schooll that get alot of funding and they offer alot of help so he'll get alot more support there hope she gets some help awful if she doesn't :(

my flat is a tip we moved in in november but still trying to get the place sorted.

I'm convinced we're walking in the same line lol only moved into my unfinished flat after Christmas too and I'm everything still in boxes! I've not worked in hospital setting but have heard they are great with kids he might be afraid to eat and them toping up his pain meds is positive as they're thinking ahead bless him hope it goes well.

My DD is in a new language unit I'm yet to see what it's like, I find as she's so cuddly and affectionate all her key workers become second mum they spoil her rotten and don't encourage her to help herself it will be a shock to her as school is so different lol she will have to cope I find she does when she needs to. My council were trying to force DD into a main school to see how she get on as no spaces were available for a language unit I had to refuse and threaten to home school her and call local papers and a week later I got a letter with a placement. I think they forget that you know what's best for your child they shouldn't have a say at all if im honest they are not experts or qualified to dictate on children with special needs, it winds me up so much.

I hope everything goes smoothly I understand your worry about going into labour and not being around I'm worried too as DD havnt spent a night without me so will be distressed as she's a routine type of girl can only hope for the best although I'm slightly hyperventilating at the thought lol

very similar indeed lol only u have a wee girl first then boy and i'm other way lol :p

hope she gets some help james never had any key workers or anyone to help him been doing everything for him for last 2years, he's not very cuddly or has much in way of emotions either way which is hard sometimes but he's getting better....

really hope your wee one gets on okay at school james is looking forward to this school

i am worried about hospital as we aren't really a huge medical loving family, my son's not immunised and don't really agree with un-needed medical intervention, but he's in alot of pain and infections are deadly so think this is important even if i am scared useless.

Morning ladies :) Seems there are a couple of us with our little ones needing treatment of some kind. Although, my son's 1 tooth seems like nothing compared to your son's large scale removal Lynne. It is worrying isn't it. Shezza, the dentist was good with my son and has referred him to the hospital. They will xray him and see whether the tooth needs to come out or not. Just wondering now whether to wait 6 weeks for an appt or whether to consider going private.

In other news, had my anti-d jab yesterday which actually went okay. I got it in the arm this time, whereas in my first pregnancy, it was in my leg. It stung of course but wasn't as bad as I remembered. Bit of a sore arm yesterday and today but not too bad. Next appt is supposed to be at 31 weeks but I will be away so may wait til 34 weeks.

How is everyone doing today?

hate than anti-d shots my body burns then up so i always get a feever when i get one and then within 3days its done so they always have to give me a good few of them which hurts even worse, they said it only works when they give it in the arm now, ahhh

i know the dentists mean well so trying to keep calm about it lol hopefully baby wont have any dental problems couldn't handle this again.

off out for the day trying to get ready for father's day on sunday and my father's birth on monday and then my son's 5th birthday next friday so alot to do already feeling tired. but once get out and get some fresh air do me good, plus be nice to get DS out for a walk hopefully tire him out a bit.

SC, forgot to say, great news on passing the GTT! :yipee:

Hi Ladies. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Nothing much to report here, I just wanted to see my updated tickers. :winkwink: 28 weeks today! I'm fighting off a sore throat right now, which is hard when you can't take anything for it. I'm hoping that resting all day today will help.

Hi there! Great news on the test SC! That must be a relief.

Went to an osteopath yesterday. She doesn't think I have SPD. She says I have exacerbated an old lower back injury from being pregnant. She did some things to me (which were yore scary) and told me not to sit on low seats. I must say that I did sleep better last night and I'm feeling much better. Haven't been sick since Tuesday, yay!

Went to yoga today and nearly fainted though - the class before us ha had the eating turned right up and I just couldn't handle it! Didn't feel good at all. Buy then my friend and I went out for lunch and everything was on again.

Hope everyones weekend is going well. The weather is horrible so it's a good excuse not to do much and just relax!

Oh no it wasn't that cold to have the heating up, I'm just heading out with DD to the park I really need to get out the house the walls are caving in lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->