September Stars

Vixxen, hope things continue for you.

Jem, yay for passing the GTT! It's quite a relief, isn't it? Sorry about your other troubles though. How old is your DS?

Cookies, you sound just like me. Baby is breech, don't have much of an appetite - Dr. is concerned that I've only put on two pounds the entire pregnancy. I have to go back in two weeks as well, but they're going to do a growth scan just in case. I was bigger to begin with, though, and everyone keeps commenting that my bump is getting huge but the rest of me is getting smaller, so I think he's just taking what he needs from me - which is just fine! The Dr. predicts that I'll weigh less after having him than I did to begin with. I don't think that sounds bad at all. :blush:

Smile, I've been told that I'm starting to waddle too. I catch myself doing it and try to stop, lol.

NicMar, good to see you! It's hot here too (90 today, 96 tomorrow) so I feel your pain there. Hope you pass your GTT!

I'm not craving anything in particular - it's the aversions that are odd for me this time. I remember though, my first pregnancy, I craved onion rings (I HATE onions) and cold spaghetti sauce out of a jar with a spoon. With my second, I wanted nothing but mushrooms on pizza - the more the better (also can't stand those normally).

Hello ladies :)

Jem, you are having a rough time aren't you, I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: MW sounds horrible which doesn't help. Hope work turns out okay and not long til ML now ;)

I am definitely a waddler too! Have been for about 4 weeks I think. I seem to be able to eat like a horse, most of the time. It must be hard when baby is preventing your stomach from acting 'normally' and giving you an appetite. Of course the more you put on in pregnancy, the more there is to lose at the end ;) I'm hoping breastfeeding will assist with the weightloss, like last time ;)

I'm clinging on to the hope that BF will help me lose weight :haha: I'm sure I've put on too much but I can't stop eating! I'm hungry ALL the time! :dohh:

I am right tere with u with bf helping to loose weight! Just ordered my bf tops as well, v
A French company advertised alot on tv always do deals when u sign up and the. There is an e mail evey day with discounts!,,

I am exhausted! Shadowcat my ds is 2.8 and luckily most of the time gorgeous!

Still really struggling today. Should have rung hospital yesterday but rally cannot face going back up again!!

i never lost any weight when breastfeeding james but i am already small so might be why. how is everyone today?

i was at hospital early for my routine scan baby doing well and big as before she is jumping around and doing all the usual baby stuff :D she even booted the midwife when she went to use the doppler lol back at hospital in 4 weeks!

on another note its my son's 5th birthday tomorrow i am cleaning the house from top to bottom while he is awake and then wrapping his presents when he goes to sleep.

not sure what we will do tomorrow as his party is on sat :D

Seriously ladies, this weight gain thing is starting to be ridiculous.

Yesterday I had a protein shake, a banana, and toast for breakfast, I went out for mexican food for lunch and ate until I was stuffed, I had a venti sized Cookie Crumble (no coffee - glorified milkshake, with whipped cream and everything) from Starbucks around 4pm, and then ate a full dinner - and I stepped on the scale today and I'm back down the only two pounds I've managed to gain this whole pregnancy. It seems really silly to want to put on weight - but I see all of these other posts where people are saying "I've ONLY put on 12 lbs", or a stone, or whatever - and I can't even manage to hang on to TWO measly pounds!

My growth scan isn't until July 3rd, so I'm probably going to worry the whole time!

Sorry for the freakout, now back to your regularly scheduled thread, lol.

In other news, we're finally getting the nursery ready! :happydance: DH brought the crib down from the attic yesterday, and I'm going to go and pick out a paint color today. I've been dying to start preparing.

When is everyone going to pack their hospital bag and whatnot?

Hey, I just noticed - I'm a squash today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Shadowcat - it's a strange problem to have, not putting on weight! I guess you can just enjoy eating what you want and then try not to worry too much till the 3rd. Fingers crossed it's all fine.

Exciting to be getting the baby's room ready! We are going to ikea tomorrow to get some things. I can't wait, we've not done anything yet so it'll feel like were doing something!

I'm starting to think about getting stuff for going into labour and afterwards. Breast pads and nightwear and other toiletries and so on. I'll get a home visit from the MW in the next month and shell tell me what I need for the home birth. I'll need a hospital bag too, just in case.

My pelvic pain has all gone - 2 trips to the osteopath and I'm like a new woman! I'm going to maintain it with regular visits for the next few months.

Me and my bump buddy have booked a spa day in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Hope everyone is fine. x

Happy squash week SC :thumbup:

I'm moving house next week so will be starting Roos nursery ASAP! Also will start thinking about hospital bag when I'm in the new place :)

Shadowcat...I know how you feel worrying about a growth scan. I'm kind of in the opposite boat...I haven't gained a lot of weight but my uterus is measuring a few weeks ahead of where I am (25 cm at 24 weeks, now 30 cm at 28 weeks). Has anyone else had this?? Technically, I'm still in the normal range, but the midwife said they'll monitor it and possibly order a growth scan if I keep measuring big. I asked if that means a big baby, and she said it could mean a lot of fluid...

Well, then I asked if that was a problem and she said too much fluid is called polyhydramnios and could indicate kidney problems in the baby. She said she really wasn't concerned and they would just monitor, but now I'm freaking out! (I also googled polyhydramnios and saw all this scary stuff so got myself more worked up). I know it's probably nothing, but so hard not to worry!! Ive let it ruin my whole weekend :)!

i am measuring big for my gestation, but baby is only in the 50th centile meaning she is normal bit bigger than i am used to lol, i think it all depends and your allowed to be a few weeks measuring behind or ahead, they sometimes do growth scans just to check but the measurements aren't an actual science its just an educated guess with my son the scan i had with him since he wouldn't be much more than 3lb (this waas few days before he was born) he was born weighing 4lb 5.2oz so bigger than they thought, its hard to get these things right and often they like to be safe than sorry. my fluid levels are good but for some reason i look utterly huge lol i have gained 3stone in 20weeks

Good luck with the move, Smile! Exciting!

NicMar - my bump buddy was measuring 3 weeks ahead at 28 weeks and she's been told not to worry. I know everyone is different, but unless they seem really concerned its probably ok! Incidentally, her first baby also measured ahead and was 13 pounds when he was born!

13 pounds! Good lord! :wacko: Did she have to have a c-section?

NicMar, we can worry together, lol. I'm trying not to Google, as I know that can make things seem really dire! I remember measuring big with my first, and when they did a weight estimate for him they told me he'd weigh over ten pounds at birth - and he was 8 pounds, 8 ounces. They were almost two pounds off in their guess! Like Lynne said, it really can't be an exact science. I hope everything is ok with you and that the fluids are normal. When will they decide if they're going to do a scan for you?

Smile, hope your move goes smoothly. How exciting! I love moving (yeah, I'm crazy, I know).

TT, so glad to hear that you're feeling better. Oh, how I'd love a spa trip!

Lynne, I'm with you - I haven't gained and the Dr. says I'm measuring correctly but I look huge as well - DH and I were looking at pics of my friend when she was 9 months along and I'm already bigger than she was, lol. Happy birthday to your son! How did the party go?

Poshie, Jem, Vixxen, and everyone else - how you doing?

hey, yeah party went well thankfully. he had a blast and got lots of cool presents. was little annoyed though that people who hadn't rsvp'd turned up little rude in my books. but anyways nothing much i can do. its over now for another year.

i am bigger this time than i was at 33weeks with my son but been told 2nd babies are like that. got my GTT on friday which i am not looking forward to and got my MIL's graduation on wednesday. we don't have the wee man until friday now as he's staying at his great grandmothers for a few days so going to gut more of my house and such. someone my dad knows is having a wee boy and she has nothing so i have offered her my son's old cotbed as we bought a newone and we have an extra brandnew mattress for cotbed so she can have that and lots of james' clothes some of which are not even worn.

All ok at the moment here :thumbup:.
I just worked out i've had 17 scans and and around 20 times on the ctg machine :wacko: i hope the next few months fly by fast for all of us!,(though not too fast :haha:)got loads to buy still!.

Helloooo :D

Glad the party went well lynne and wow Vixxen, that's alot of scans!!
Best of luck with the move Smile, hope it all goes smoothly.

OK here thanks. Having a bit of a lie down whilst dh takes ds down the park for football and scooter ;) feeling knackered and tired as usual.

As SC says, them guessing how big the baby is/is going to be, really isn't an exact science and they can be way off. Try not to worry ladies :hugs:

TT - 13lbs?? Makes my eyes water just thinking about it! ;)

i thought i was bad with scan lol i am up to 13scan and 27weeks next scan in 3 weeks.

i am glad it went well too lol costly but well but least its done for another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->